Custom Field Settings (scroll down for free download)

fisch

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
One thing I've noticed is that in ICC III, there is now a separate folder for medium pacers, whereas before they just used the same field as the fast bowlers.

So if you are using ICC III, just copy and paste all the files in the 'Fast' folder into the 'Medium' folder.

Hooper said:
Got me there...I thought they changed all the default fields. Man am I dumb. Thanks fisch!

The problem is, now you will start to realise how tedious it is to scroll through hundreds of field settings!

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, I noticed that first point. And I picked a field for a Spinner for my medium pacer and the keeper was standing up but missing balls that the batsman were leaving.

Haha, yeah scrolling through is a bit annoying - but worth it;)

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
fisch, I would like to personally thank you for the time and commitment it must've taken to make these quite spectacular custom fields. The enjoyment levels of the game go up a few notches once you start using these- Great to have so much control on the field! Brilliant!

fisch

Club Cricketer
Hey can u tell me any field that can be used at all time,may any types of bowler may be bowling.

Sorry, I've been away from the forums for a couple of months (exams and all that).....I should have replied a lot sooner.

If you're still interested, the ones I would recommend are:

1. 'attack' (for pace and spin) - this is for a new batsman, in 4 day/Test matches

2. 'bal-od' (for pace), 'b2a-od' (for spin) - to attack a new batsman, in one-dayers

3. 'bal' (for pace), 'b2a' or 's3a' (for spin) - for a fairly settled batsman, in 4 day/Test matches

4. 'sgl' (for pace), 's2a' (for spin) - if you want to attack a settled batsman in one-dayers

5. 'def-od' or 'ret-od' (for pace or spin) - to defend boundaries in the last few overs of a one-dayer

If you want to use one field all the time, then probably choose 'bal' for pace, and 'b2a' for spin.

And of course, add 'off', 'leg', or 'sh' if you are bowling off stump, leg stump or short-pitched deliveries.

hilly

School Cricketer
excellent field settings, they have made a great improvement to 2005 edition making the game more realistic and have even seen batsmen attempting different shots to normal.
One thing though, if a batsmen prefered side is the off side do you set the fields to the offside to prevent him scoring there or do you bowl to the legside and set fields there because its his weaker side? I try to bowl to the batsmen weaknesses.

fisch

Club Cricketer
If you bowl to the batsman's strengths, even if you set a field to cover this, the batsman will still score freely, probably.

For example, if a batsman has 'strong offside preference', if you bowl on offstump and put most of your fielders on the offside, I have found that the batsman will probably whip you through the legside.

However, if a batsman is 'strong legside preference', if you do the same thing and bowl offstump with a mainly offside field, strangely, the batsman is less likely to whip you through legside, I think.

Funny that. You would think it's the other way round, wouldn't you?

A reason could be that, if you bowl to a batsman's favourite line, it gives him confidence to play strokes all around the wicket, regardless of whether some of these shots are against a batsman's preference (i.e. leg glance for an offside preference batsman).

Of course these observations I've made could be totally wrong. The quality of the batsman could have a major impact as well.

One thing I would suggest is to experiment by picking a field which is different to the line you are bowling to, i.e. picking an offside field, while bowling at middle stump, to an offside preference batsman.

But personally, I always tend to just bowl to a batsman's weakest line, and set a field which matches the line (i.e. bowl at leg stump, with a mainly legside field, to a batsman who prefers the offside)

hilly

School Cricketer
cheers again fisch, once again great fields which have added even more enjoyment to the game

Users who are viewing this thread