DBC 17 Batting

kasabian21

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
For a leg glance behind square you need to press R1 + L1 with the left stick at 12 o'clock and the right stick at 7. Works every time.

Edit: Works with just R1 too so maybe it's just that trigger button, but if you time it right to a full or yorker length ball it'll go for four.

Edit edit: fine cuts to third man are left stick at 9 o'clock and right stick at 6 o'clock played very late.

The only issue is the cover drive - I agree on that point.

Last edited:

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Leg glance is my bread and butter and I've been struggling to do it - thanks for this. Re the cover drive, after posting I felt a bit bad as I've only been playing through a handful of career games with low stats and through maybe it'll come when my stats improve but my stats have improved and no cover drive yet. Eh?

For the record I'm a big supporter of BA and what it's doing for cricket. DB14 was an excellent game but limited and flawed in certain aspects. Understandable given it's the first iteration but this is now DB17 and I've paid full price so I won't hold back with my frustration if things like this are in the release version.

Cmon guys We have supported you - don't screw us with a hastily released product. All the goodwill will disappear.

kasabian21

International Coach
The controls are very delicate and precise. Left stick at 12 and right at 6 plays a slightly finer cut than left stick at 9 and right stick at 6. It's just a case of timing, feel and playing the shot to right kind of ball.

R

Royce

For a leg glance behind square you need to press R1 + L1 with the left stick at 12 o'clock and the right stick at 7. Works every time.

Edit: Works with just R1 too so maybe it's just that trigger button, but if you time it right to a full or yorker length ball it'll go for four.

Edit edit: fine cuts to third man are left stick at 9 o'clock and right stick at 6 o'clock played very late.

The controls are very delicate and precise. Left stick at 12 and right at 6 plays a slightly finer cut than left stick at 9 and right stick at 6. It's just a case of timing, feel and playing the shot to right kind of ball.
I'm sure it can be as some of the missing shots were there in DBC 14. Addition of leg side flicks/glances to fine leg and conventional cover/square drives will make the game a masterpiece.

None of these stick combos work for me, it is literally impossible to hit a ball beyond a 10 (ish) degree angle behind me on either side...

kasabian21

International Coach
No idea what's happening for you guys but it works perfectly for me. Works best against yorker length.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
For me i've had no real issues with batting other than the frustrating pull shot animation being triggered for a good length ball when all you want is to hit one to cow corner.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@kasabian21 by leg glance we mean a shot that goes just to the left of wicketkeeper behind square. Have you been able to play it? What we are talking about is glance to fine leg not your normal glance towards or behind square leg.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
i think its just timing. I set up a training session using the marker and 9/10 times I glanced it to sq leg instead of say 45 deg to my left (RH Bat). There's still the 1 time I did so it could just be I'm not getting the sticks in the right order.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@cricket_online can you share your gameplay modifier batting settings? I am tinkering with those but does not seem to make any difference.

I finally settled on the following...
"Ball Marker" - 47
"Max Pace" - 60
"Min Pace" - 60
Foot placement, Shot Difficulty, Bowler Quality and one more Bowling related one - Have ramped up all those to 70 after initially starting from 50

IMO the player attributes/skills make a difference so depending on which teams you have downloaded from the academy you may want to tweak some of the sliders, especially the "Max Pace" one.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'll look more into this at work on Monday - but some wagon wheels from longer matches you've played would be nice to see.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

kasabian21 said:
For me i've had no real issues with batting other than the frustrating pull shot animation being triggered for a good length ball when all you want is to hit one to cow corner.

I tried playing the glance using R1 stick but all I got was a precision shot/weak shot to the square leg region. I was playing a odi match where the field was Square Leg, Mid Wkt and Deep Mid On on the leg side. And I couldn't get the ball fine on the leg side even to the deliveries on the leg stump! Flicks and glances to fine leg are common cricketing shots and should not be so difficult to hit and should be able to be played as a standard shot. And the thing is when I manage to reach Square Leg boundary the commentator says it was a good leg glance.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I'll look more into this at work on Monday - but some wagon wheels from longer matches you've played would be nice to see.

I will try and capture wagon wheels. But you can replicate this easily... Put a Deep Square Leg fielder on the leg side and Deep Mid Off and Extra Cover fielders on the off side and try to play standard off/cover drives and standard flicks/glances. You will notice your shots will be blocked and you won't be able to beat fielders via these shots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread