DBC 17 Batting

atimlin

Club Cricketer
1000 times yes yes yes THAT is a cut shot!

the batting shot animations in DBC14 were PERFECT -- absolutely no need to change them whatsoever :(

Ive been trying to get the 17 one captured properly but to no avail as yet - it is either a strange crouching cut or a weird flat bat with no follow through. I hope they can get the 14 one back.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Another shot type that needs looking at is the cut shot -the animation in DBC 14 was perfect for this as evidenced in the video

The 17 equivalent is strange looking and looks extremely rigid

I'm just playing around in the Academy demo ground practice, but if you use the Aggressive Ground Shot triggers and play the cut shot that way, the animation is a lot more like the old one, just with a bit more footwork involved. I agree that the 'normal shot' version is a bit odd, but if you use the triggers when playing it, it still looks really nice in my opinion, almost exactly like the old one really. Not sure if that helps.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Keeper's on fire!

p.s Sorry for my shocking camera work... Still getting used to it :)

That Looks like the keeper knew where the batsman was going to hit it , even before the Batsman started executing the shot .

Very concerning , if that is now how the 3rd man guide vs spinners is going to end up each time you try it ..

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That Looks like the keeper knew where the batsman was going to hit it , even before the Batsman started executing the shot .

Very concerning , if that is now how the 3rd man guide vs spinners is going to end up each time you try it ..

That's exactly how it happens. I learned the hard way that late cuts against spinners are off limits. You can nail a perfect shot but the wkt keeper will pre-meditate and anticipate the shot and catch the ball a few feet to his right. Looks totally unrealistic and takes away another scoring zone from the already limited ones we do have available.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
That's exactly how it happens. I learned the hard way that late cuts against spinners are off limits. You can nail a perfect shot but the wkt keeper will pre-meditate and anticipate the shot and catch the ball a few feet to his right. Looks totally unrealistic and takes away another scoring zone from the already limited ones we do have available.

Have you tried lowering the keepers anticipation by quite a lot!

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Cut shot in DBC 14 had a proper follow through. The bat ended up over the shoulders of the batsman. I figure they just put a part of the that shot in DBC 16. It is quite a big oversight.

I don't have the full game (on PC) so I can't take a screenshot from a replay or anything, but here's the Aggressive Ground Stroke cut shot with follow-through using both triggers...

image.jpg

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

It was like this for DBC14 as well till it got corrected

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have you tried lowering the keepers anticipation by quite a lot!

That I didn't do. I kept the player skills/attributes the default out of the box thinking it would give me the optimal gameplay experience. Try playing a late cut shot against spinner to the Square Gully/Third Man region and you will see what I'm referring to.[DOUBLEPOST=1482073093][/DOUBLEPOST]
It was like this for DBC14 as well till it got corrected

I guess the patch needs to make its way in DBC 17 as well

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

ohhhh just wait... i have an even better one now uploading to youtube :P

Users who are viewing this thread