DBC14 PC Version 1.14

No, PS3 shouldn't vary. So, are you saying that every time you attempt to play non-trigger front foot leg glance shot, the batsman plays a pull? I'd be very surprised if that's the case.
Yeah for balls outside off[DOUBLEPOST=1411377262][/DOUBLEPOST]
For me it depends on the length of the ball... sometimes I'll want a leg glance (as fine leg is up in the circle) but I'll play a front foot pull through mid-wicket.
Mainly talking about full length outside off deliveries...

Yeah for balls outside off[DOUBLEPOST=1411377262][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mainly talking about full length outside off deliveries...
Leg glance on a ball that's outside off... every time I attempt that I miss the ball entirely or edge out to gully.

For me it depends on the length of the ball... sometimes I'll want a leg glance (as fine leg is up in the circle) but I'll play a front foot pull through mid-wicket.

out of interest, what difficulty? perhaps footwork assist is kicking in and even though you choose front they make it back? (apologies if already answered, i'm just seeing this here not read previous comments)

out of interest, what difficulty? perhaps footwork assist is kicking in and even though you choose front they make it back? (apologies if already answered, i'm just seeing this here not read previous comments)
I'm playing on Pro, but there is a visible difference in the animation between the front and back foot pulls. Which is why I brought it up.

Well, the pirates have won...

Now, not to be overly dramatic about it or anything, but as thing wasn't something stated as part of the original sale of the game, it's well worth noting that anyone with a grievance should take it up directly with Big Ant at this point. To my knowledge, under Australian consumer law, as Big Ant didn't advertise the game as being "always online" at the time of sale, changing it now would constitute misleading or false advertising about what the product can and can not do, and under Australian Law you should be entirely entitled to a refund. Whilst I wouldn't suggest pushing the issue as such, suddenly dumping this on users who may not be able to play the game when they want to anymore is something that is of real concern.

It's sad that it's come to this. Hopefully Big Ant can come up with a workable solution for the long term.

Its not "Always online", just to launch. Get over it. Need For Speed - The Run, was a bad game, played for 2 hours and game over, and you had to be online the whole time. This is a great game, still playing it months after purchase. So DRM in a game where you get support from the dev. team, no big problem. If the DRM is such a big problem go and play Ashes 2010 or better yet Ashes 2013.

The DRM doesn't require online play or huge bandwidth. It's a quick check with a very small packet transfer as the game is started. No-one is saying that it's ideal but it's a lot better than many other forms of always-on DRM.
I was just answering a question about "broadband" in SA. The DRM is a minor hurdle which doesn't affect me in the least. If the network is down I will do something else. Always on DRM is a pain, especially in EA games which have really become crap. For me, Ross and his team, can DRM the crap out of this game, and I will still play it and still buy the next one. At least you get value for money.

@Ross, thanks for reminding me about the initial system requirements. Noted, and moving on. You are 100% right. I was wrong. Keep up the good work.

My sig is not aimed at anyone in particular, I think I changed it before your posts. I was told it was not clear enough, that is why it is now there.

I have noticed that my in-game earned stats aren't appearing in the game overlay.

I'm currently playing a custom competition, with a custom format (2 innings, 4 day, innings closure at 80 overs) which the game recognises as First Class (or Test if the teams are both international). Part of the inclusion criteria for my England Worst squad was that they had never scored a Test 50 or taken a test 5-fer.

One of the matches was my England Worst XI vs an Australia 1877 I downloaded from the Academy. The game therefore treated this as a Test match.

So you can imagine I was disappointed when in the first innings Aftab Habib was out caught behind on 48, just short of a maiden test 50. True to from, next highest score was Maynard's 37, I was all out for about 170 in 40-odd overs.

Second innings however went a lot better. Habib again led the way, and survived what I thought was a plumb shout for LBW on 49 (imagine what a choker that would have been) thankfully they didn't review it and i was too relieved to remember to check it myself. thanks to farming the strike with the tail, stoic deadbat support from martin mccague (4 from 32 balls) and hitting out once his confidence was up and the field was in - habib went not only past his 50 (from 43-ish balls) but clubbed his way to 100 from 72 balls, and continued on, eventually falling for 148. (i grabbed his screen thing at 118 - I had to save and exit at that point to paint the hallway!)

habib ton.png

so you can imagine i was looking forward to the next match, and seeing Habib walk out with a much healthier looking runs scored and average than his real life 26 and 8.66 not to mention a juicy looking 1 in the hundreds column, but alas, it wasn't to be he came out in the next match (vs Zimbabwe ATB so another test match) with his real life figures showing.

i checked the academy, and his "earned" stats have been recorded, but for some reason didn't make it into the overlay. Any reason for this? @HBK619 @fiction

Users who are viewing this thread