Default Fields Editing

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by groobz
Ok, random runouts are good, but only on really rare occasions. If thats possible, yippy!

yeah very random ie one in say 10 games

rahul2004

School Cricketer
sounds like the gas has gone crazy with run out bug. the gas do u run out in your game?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Originally posted by rahul2004
sounds like the gas has gone crazy with run out bug. the gas do u run out in your game?

that didnt make sense! I experience alot of run outs if thats what you mean

Rahul

International Cricketer
sam i noticed 1 more thing with the fields...say if my batsmen hits a straight drive for four...the cpu places a fielder at long on say but when the next over starts that fielder doesnt change sides and ends up being at 3rd man.....u get what i mean?? any way to solve this as well!! and gr8 work again!! brilliant stuff!!

Rahul

International Cricketer
hey also in fifa this guy breamster has found a way to add faces and kits into the game using some id technology....we cud try and use it for cricket 2004 so that we can have faces for all the players in the game

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
let's face it, in an ideal world we want sam to create 2 patches

1) with randomised run outs
2) with no run outs at all

Therefore if the randomised run outs is unacceptable to you, then you just use the no run out patch.

However if only one patch is forthcoming, then it surely has to be the no run outs at all one.

Also sam are you going to be releasing a default editor as well, or at least tell us how to alter default fields?

jonah

International Coach
Yeah, agreed Phil. If the run outs are still random, the bug will always be lurking, ready to strike. That means we'll still have the hassle of having to save the game after every over, just in case.

T20

Panel of Selectors
depends on how much random is :) if it is once in 50 overs it should be OK because we do get stupid runouts in cricket. If it is more than that may be they should be removed.

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
@Zim : yes, i am working on it had to do lots of trial and error stuffs:mad:

removing run-outs doesn?t mean batsman won't run silly the simulation will be there ,it's just to protect wickets :p ,run the attached file and press shortcut keys to disable/enable runouts anytime.

Attachments

• run-out.exe
    5.5 KB · Views: 70

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Originally posted by sam2002

removing run-outs doesn?t mean batsman won't run silly the simulation will be there ,it's just to protect wickets :p ,run the attached file and press shortcut keys to disable/enable runouts anytime.

im watching the england match at the moment but i will try this later! Great work sam! Just to make things clear i experience run outs most when i play defensive abd bowl with my spinners, so if i then use this exe the cpu will never be run out yeah?

loz185

School Cricketer
Sam, I dont know you, but what your doing is absolutely brilliant and I appreciate it... Thank you so much..

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
sam, if you are making a new exe for cricket 2004, can you please tweak the human confidence meter to be the same as the computer's confidence meter?

also, the exe that you have released that fixes lineup and 3rd umpire, it doesnt register the runs to the batsman that hit them and that same batsman keeps the strike. if you could fix that, it would be great.

Good job with all the stuff you have odne, it is truly amazing
Thanks

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
well...sam i don't wanna put a burden on you but i surely would like to know if you have thought about the stroke editor proposed by me.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Originally posted by f0bstyle

also, the exe that you have released that fixes lineup and 3rd umpire, it doesnt register the runs to the batsman that hit them and that same batsman keeps the strike. if you could fix that, it would be great.

Thanks sam, I truly appreciate your efforts, a field editor would be awesome !!

I agree with the above comments also - if you ever fix that as well..........:)

Finally, thanks for the exe :cool:

loz185

School Cricketer
Originally posted by sam2002

Sam... ive downloaded the executable, I run it in the background, yet i still get runouts (and the guy is out too)...

What is the procedure mate??

Users who are viewing this thread