Demo Impressions Thread

Lattimorx

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh my god!!! YES!!! I just got a run out. That's right, a run out. I middled the throw as they turned for their THIRD run and he was at least a metre out... this game is growing on me a lot and now getting a run-out, this AI is mildly competitive!

fr0st

School Cricketer
After Downloadind the demo for the 5th time [it failed 4 times earlier :mad]
The game is good improvement over Blc 05 But the mouse + Keyboard combintin is a little tough at first but after getting used to it; its OK

Last edited:

grandprix_4

School Cricketer
This game even though its only a demo is by far MUCH BETTER than the full version of EA Cricket 07.!!!
:happy :happy :happy

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
agreed - even as a demo, this game has a hell of a lot more potential than EA cricket 07.

its better for a game to be difficult to get the ropes with than too easy. as the patchers for EA cricket 07 found, its hard to make things enjoyable when things are too easy but if there's a little struggle then at least it will provide a consistent challenge when the game gets updated with AI patches and so on.

RIPPA MATE

Club Cricketer
Lattimorx said:
Oh my god!!! YES!!! I just got a run out. That's right, a run out. I middled the throw as they turned for their THIRD run and he was at least a metre out... this game is growing on me a lot and now getting a run-out, this AI is mildly competitive!

wait for the full version on hard level, should be quite a challenge

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Im not sure if this happens because its the demo or what, but my player still loses confidence when i 'leave' the ball?

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Punk Sk8r! said:
Im not sure if this happens because its the demo or what, but my player still loses confidence when i 'leave' the ball?

That happened to me quite a lot. The confidence does not decrease a lot, but a notch when I leave the ball.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Still it effects the bowlers one to which is annoying, cant they just assigne a button for the leave...?

Cowburn199

International Coach
I agree with the assigning a button to leave feature. I can't see the point in not including it.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yeah I know because the leave now looks like youve been completly confused, it just doesnt look right.

I mean if their out of buttons then cant they assign it to one of the analoug sticks or somthing, press them down to leave...

witchking

School Cricketer
I find the demo horrible with keyboard and mouse...but wth gamepad it is soo much better. truning Vsync off made my performance playable at 1440 by 900 but I prefer 1920 by 1200 which is my native res. However, the controls will take a bit of getting used to. However, I find the AI pretty decent.

The worst thing is this " I miss a shot and then the keep throws the ball back at the stumps...I do not know how to get back to my crease"

The other worst thing is the feilding concept...its just tooo quick....BLIC 05 was better IMO as it was smooth and easy to manage. However, I am guessing with more practice it should be fine. I actually think its a really neat feature to keep you more involved. Overall...a good reason for my 54$ CDN. :)

Cowburn199

International Coach
witchking said:
The worst thing is this " I miss a shot and then the keep throws the ball back at the stumps...I do not know how to get back to my crease"
I've been using keyboard and mouse, took some getting used to but I really like it now. I know that to get back to the crease if you're using the mouse, you left click.

Users who are viewing this thread