Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I finally did it:

I am now 80% sure I'll get the game, up from 50% when I first played the demo and 10% before hand (I thought my PC wouldn't handle it). In other words I'm impressed by it.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
good for you whitehornmatt:). i now do it almost every time but the behind the wicket is still very hard for me.:(

witchking

School Cricketer
HEY!! I got a catch too...but actually behind the wicket...it was a wicket keeper catch. That single catch made me think that probably codies did amazing with this new feilding system.. The game is soo much more involving when it works. :)

alexeilh

School Cricketer
I've caught 3 catches so far on the game demo - in BL2005, i didn't catch a single one. So you can imagine my excitment as i made a diving backwards catch with my slip :)

Anyway, really enjoying the game. Bloody annoyed about being runout by hitting my own stumps, and the fielders not touching it, but apart from that, it's great!

Why is Monty not in the game, but Harmison is? Random.

My best individual score is 51 with Strauss, off 52 balls :D, only got 2 4's. What me and my brother have been doing is 'swapping', so i've been Strauss, and he's been Bell, and we just control our own player, as in Multiplayer. It's pretty fun, and much more 'realistic' in the way that singles arrive.

Altogether, a great demo I feel. The graphics aren't great on my PC, but i dunnae care to be honest, still looks alright. Lee looks more like my backside than Lee himself, but i'm quite surprised by Mahmood's lookalike!

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
athkatla said:
A 419MB download and you only get a 3 over match! It's a disgrace.

Get the demo expansion patch from the BLIC 2007 Downloads section ! It allows you to play the demo for as long as you want!

athkatla

School Cricketer
Pat said:
Get the demo expansion patch from the BLIC 2007 Downloads section ! It allows you to play the demo for as long as you want!

Yes, thank you, I now have that and apologise for my above post.

I have played a couple of matches using the expander and I have to say I am very impressed. I own EA's Cricket 07 and whilst it is good, it is no where near as much fun as BLIC 07.

I am aware of all the faults as posted by others, such as the bowler always throwing down the wicket when the ball is thrown to him, the keeper only catching with one hand 99% of the time, etc. etc. To be honest I haven't found the fielding that much of a problem as others have posted, if you anticipate your fielder getting to the ball and press the button, then 8 times out of ten I was getting a good throw to the keeper who caught the ball, and I actually ran two CPU batsmen out, I also managed to catch one player out too at mid on.

I love the way you can play strokes all over the pitch, and the variation in bowling and fielding is very good too. Seeing as the demo is only 90% complete then I am hoping that the minor faults noted are fixed, but even if they aren't it won't stop me buying the game. In fact I am going to pre-order it the moment I have posted this.

I already think the game is very good and has potential to be great. At last we seem to be getting somewhere near a half decent cricket simulation.

Edit: I forgot something, I played the demo at 1024 x 768 32 bit and had no slow down at all, the game looked good and played very smoothly indeed. I do have a fairly high spec machine so it is expected that the game should play smoothly for me. Oh, and I have now pre-ordered the game from Play.com at ?17.99. :)

Last edited:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Can someone confirm if I order it will I get it, because twice I have ordered somthing from online site and not recived it, and I dont want BLIC07 for PS2 if I order for the 360.

Like what happened to evo with PES6...

Cowburn199

International Coach
I order all my online games from play.com and they've always been fine. They're a reputable site so go ahead :)

athkatla

School Cricketer
Cowburn199 said:
I order all my online games from play.com and they've always been fine. They're a reputable site so go ahead :)

The same for me too, I have bought well over 30 games from play.com and never had a problem, and they are usually the cheapest too.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Alright Im taking your word for it lads, maybe my order never came because I was ordering Cricket 2004 :p

papalazarou

Club Captain
The only problem with play.com is the order (or at least it has been for me in the past) is usually despatched on the friday and wont actually reach you till saturday. You might aswell just hop down the shops and buy it there and then on friday. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread