Did they just cancel cricket coach

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've got a question Glenn -

If I downloaded and saved the installation .EXE file (accidently) and I reupload it for everyone here - would that be legal?

Or is there something more to the story?

And if we bought a license, does this mean that the game will stop working soon?

**LINK REMOVED**

Aha!

My Happy Birthday Present to all of you :)

Happy downloading ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
I've removed the link. There is the possibility that it has been removed for legal reasons, hence we wouldn't be allowed to link to it either.

Sureshot

Executive member
This is a very odd situation something I've not heard of in the gaming community before. Good luck in sorting it out Glenn & Co.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I always thought that Stresscothick was a bit of a gamble.

What a way to rape the Indie (not sure if you would be classified that still but you get what I mean) gaming community.

Oli Norwell

School Cricketer
The game should be back available pretty soon. It's not a good situation I'll admit that, basically Midas are claiming that we don't have permission to sell the game on our site yet. I completely disagree. Hence we're now talking to lawyers etc... still all should be sorted soon.

I've got a question Glenn -

If I downloaded and saved the installation .EXE file (accidently) and I reupload it for everyone here - would that be legal?

Or is there something more to the story?

And if we bought a license, does this mean that the game will stop working soon?

**LINK REMOVED**

Aha!

My Happy Birthday Present to all of you :)

Happy downloading ;)

If you've bought the game then it will keep working, don't worry about anything like that.

Yeah I guess you could pass on the .exe file to friends, nobody will stop you.

What a way to rape the Indie (not sure if you would be classified that still but you get what I mean) gaming community.

It is a case of a big company bullying a smaller company yes. There is a simple disagreement over when we're allowed to sell the title on www.cricketcoachgame.com, I say we have permission now, they say we don't.

Last edited:

lancashire666

International Coach
they obviously have a contract with midas who are the publisher/distributer or something similar, and therfore they are the only people aloud to sell the game.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
The game should be back available pretty soon. It's not a good situation I'll admit that, basically Midas are claiming that we don't have permission to sell the game on our site yet. I completely disagree. Hence we're now talking to lawyers etc... still all should be sorted soon.

If you've bought the game then it will keep working, don't worry about anything like that.
Yeah I guess you could pass on the .exe file to friends, nobody will stop you.

It is a case of a big company bullying a smaller company yes. There is a simple disagreement over when we're allowed to sell the title on www.cricketcoachgame.com, I say we have permission now, they say we don't.

And since we're all friends here, I can repost the URL :D

As soon as I find it :onpc

Insomniac

Title Recipient
search google and ive found it but if i posted the url the url will get removed in a matter of hours so theres no point
Fair enough, now all we need to do is find the patch URL

Oli or Glenn, has the patch been uploaded to your site yet, or is there no use searching for it?

Hobbi07

Club Captain
There is no sign of Cricket Coach 2007 on there website at all now ... never mind the update, it's just vanished.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
There is no sign of Cricket Coach 2007 on there website at all now ... never mind the update, it's just vanished.

What are you on about? When I got to the website I see Cricket Coach 2007 plastered all over, along with the patch announcement. What website are you going to?

Hobbi07

Club Captain
Btw mate, if you look on the website it's one little bit that says ''Updated'' hardly plastered is it ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread