Difficutly Patch - by Vineet

K

killa_stiky2002

check it out. @ Cricket2002.tk
one of the main features SUPPOSE to be bowling speeds of 97+...I don't seem to get it..but it allows you to get more nicks and stuff...it makes the game SOOO real...but because I bowl so good (currently have India 112/7 from 80 overs before installing the patch) it makes batting had and bowling EASIER :D
TRUST me the batsmen are realisticly deceived after some pressure

harsh

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi killa_stiky2002

I just found out about this gameplay patch and man ... is it great or what!!! :P

I thought I was pretty good but I quickly learned to change my ways after geting thrashed a few times :(

I am getting balls of about 98mph generally and some 100 mph deliveries.

Dont know if you read this from the site :

IMPORTANT !

Dont use Ravi's exe's with any of the new config files since it removes certain strings used by the edited cfgs.Things like the new bowler speeds wont be there if you dont use the proper exes.Use either the exes supplied in WCEXP Fix 2 or the original or patched EA exes only.

Maybe thats you problem ?

And with the cfg Sam has put on his site I'm sure now we can make Cricket 2002 the awesome game we always dreamed of.

Already with one editied cfg gameplay is SOO much better . Cant wait till people like Zimrahil and Ravi start bringing out all their great stuff. :o :P

Oh.. and I cant get over how fast the fast bowlers are !

R

Rangeela

hey guys,
I downloaded the difficulty patch but have hard time to figure out where to place the file... I tried couple of places but dont seemd to get to bowl 97mph and I am using original EA exe file
help plz
thx

R

Rangeela

Never mind guys I figured it out
it only works in normal level
its nice to see the baller does ball 100mph but in normal mode I dont find it difficult at all to time a shot. With brett lee bowling 100 mph I smashed it for six 4 out of 6 times
I hope they come with the samepatch that would work on hard level... than I think it will be more challenging....
but still great work though by vineet. its better than nothing

harsh

School Cricketer
You must be exceptionally good or just plain lucky. Try extreme diff by renaming the extreme cfg to l_normal.cfg . I guarantee you that you wont hit 4 out of 6 to the boundary. I can barely hit them in extreme.

And normal doesnt mean its normal difficulty. It just means you have to set diff in the game to normal but since settings are read from cfg its hard.

Edited By harsh on 1047369494

R

Rangeela

yeah harsh I did tried in extreme.... and I scored 152/5 vs australia in 10 overs... I tried it against Pakistan and scored 149/7.... You just have to time it really good when brett lee and shoaib akhtar bowls 100mph and it will go out of boundray with that pace
Also there is one more good thing about the patch is with spinner the bowls does spins alot.... at first I was stunned to see that much spin out of the spinner but than again timing is required and nothing is difficult :D ::: :;):

S

sonic

rangeela, what planet are you from?? i reckon you have seven fingers, a green face and superquick reactions, you are just too good for us mediocre players (bows gracefully)...i have'nt got the patch yet, i was waiting for some recommendations...is it worth it? i do like a challenge... :P :;):

K

killa_stiky2002

well I'm looking like an ass right about now
because there's nothing that says the computer alone can get these speeds, the most I get bowling is 94mph and in the SAME match the other bowlers get 102mph!!!!!!

well...guess what I lost that match by 2 runs with 3 overs to go...lol...I can't belive a legbreak clipped my leg stump :but///: :o TALK BOUT SPIN

R

Rangeela

hi sonic,

yeah it is worth it to download. spinner balls turn alot and when fast bowler deliver the ball for 102mph you have to really time the shot. it is challenging

R

Rangeela

hi sonic,

yeah it is worth it to download. spinner balls turn alot and when fast bowler deliver the ball for 102mph you have to really time the shot. it is challenging

tutsipoppy

School Cricketer
[color=#000000:post_uid1]HI.........

I DOWNLOADED THE DIFFICULTY PATCH..........AND EXTRACTED IT TO MY MAIN CRICKET 2002 FOLDER....C:GAMESCRICKET 2002

IT CREATED A NEW FOLDER NAMED....CONFIGS WHICH HAD THE 3 CFG FILES........N THEN I RAN THE GAME AND PLAYED ON NORMAL DIFFICULTY MODE......BUT NO EXTRA PACE OR SPIN.....AM I WRONG SOMEWHERE....PLZ HELP....I TRIED WITH BOTH EXE'S ORIGINAL AND EXE OF ORIGINAL PATCH....................PLZ HELP ME.[/color]

T20

Panel of Selectors
tutsipoppy,

you'll have to edit the config files. Open l_hard in notepad and change the value for speed of fast bowler from 1.000.. to 2.000.. play around with the values to get the kind of speed you enjoy facing
:)

K

killa_stiky2002

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>
N THEN I RAN THE GAME AND PLAYED ON NORMAL DIFFICULTY MODE......BUT NO EXTRA PACE OR SPIN.....AM I WRONG SOMEWHERE....

You havn't done anything wrong but:
1. I think it only works for ODI's ??? am I wrong too?
2. Only the PC gets the extra spin and seam and speed for the moment said Vineet in his forum.

I think thats all. I thought I did something wrong before but now I'm being thrown to the ground after being hit by a 98mph ball which I "DANCED DOWN THE PITCH TO"!!!! #### I'M DUMB</span>

sickhead

School Cricketer
hey tutsiwhatever...
ok you didnt notice increase in speeds because on both occasions as i presume you tried bowling......however the difficulty patch only works when you bat...that is the computers bowl at a faster pace.....and the ball swings and spins more.....
Well one added advantage is that the swing and spin works when you bowl too......BUT NO PACE WHEN YOU BOWL

SO PACE WHEN CPU BOWLS - over 160kmh at times (100mph)
NO PACE WHEN YOU BOWL - around 151kmh max 155 or noball

harsh

School Cricketer
hey guys!

anyone make any new breakthroughs with this cfg stuff ?

Users who are viewing this thread