Difficutly Patch - by Vineet

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know several established modders are working on them as we speak. There's a lot of editing to do though to get decent configs so we'll need patience...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
yep, things are in the pipeline, but these things can take some time so please be patient :)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
well if my new puter was working damp I might possibly be. (don't even think of asking what is wrong this time :;): )

The gameplay is more flakey than BLC, so getting the cpu to bat full 50 overs yet still score competitive total, and sometimes playing mis timed shots is proving very difficult :o

However, I am having assistance this time round, but whether we can come up with anything of any substance remains to be seen ???

Damp Pitch

Club Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>I haven't tried this Difficulty patch yet, but am mystified
to how it works.

It just creates it's own folder and doesn't overwrite any files.
How does the original C2k2.exe Know how to use it.

Does this patch stop Zim's yorker Patch file from working?

OR!!!!! Will I just wait a few months till the dust settles,
and an "Established" patch eventuates that the community excepts as "the" patch.

Think there will need to be some colaborating here or
things could get messy maybe. Would this be right?.</span>

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
damp
for some strange reason in the exe, it is looking for a folder called configs in the games root directory. It then reads the config files that sam has made available. Trust me it works. Not sure how, but it works.

And it has no negative impact on my stroke patch :)

S

sonic

hello mate...i have both patches..the difficulty one and zim's and to be honest you'll be bowling teams out for under 100...you can indeed use them both together...using the difficulty patch on its own is not recommend it as it is even easier...more of a challenge with zim's patch..but to be honest you are better off sticking to zim's patch by itself...the difficulty only aims to add nicks to bowling..which makes it too easy to field for my liking...games are over in minutes which just isn't cricket to me..

S

sonic

i did the ultimate test yesterday...austrlaia v kenya..with the difficulty patch alone i bowled kenya out for 35 and got the runs without loss...i then used the difficulty patch with zim's patch...i bowled kenya out for 77 and got the runs for the loss of a single wicket...i then used zim's patch by itself...kenya finished on 121-9 from 20 overs...i got the runs for the loss of one wicket again...but it just goes to show i think that the game is more of a contest played with just zim's patch...enuff said :;): :P

Damp Pitch

Club Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>OOOOOOR NOOOOO!!!!!!!! Don't tell....
Ya must be ready to start throwing a few puters out the
window by now Zim.

"getting the cpu to bat full 50 overs yet still score competitive total"

I have no trouble with this, by just uping the batting stats.
I'm probably just a bad bowler though :D</span>

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
[color=#000000:post_uid12]I will have to email you damp and tell you my latest tale of woe.

And yes, upping the batting stats is CHEATING - :;):

Can see why you do it though - crappy AI :)[/color]

Damp Pitch

Club Cricketer
Thanks Sonic,
Saved me the bother of trying the Diff Patch.

Haven't tried any other patches except Zim's
Will now wait for the
Jonah, Shailesh, Zim SuperPatch :::

S

sonic

jonah, yourself Zim and Shailesh carry a quality guarantee that carries high expectations. I firmly believe that between the three of you, your knowledge will produce a great patch, good luck mate...I hope i've not given you guys too much of a reputation to live up to...but you guys really know your stuff so it should be eagerly anticipated by everyone on these forums :P :;):

Users who are viewing this thread