Your Cricket Discuss Your Cricket

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
^ i get that alot because of my front on slight slingy bowling action, the pain should disappear overnight. just have to do some stretches before you bowl like that though.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
^ i get that alot because of my front on slight slingy bowling action, the pain should disappear overnight. just have to do some stretches before you bowl like that though.

Applied some muscular ointment and put a hot water bag on the site of pain. Feeling good now, but the pain says "I'm alive" at few moves though.:thumbs

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My college has organised a cricket tournament and in the second game of the tournament (first for our team), I played a very Sehwag-ish kind of an inning.
Opened the inning and in the very first over smashed 5 consecutive boundaries off the first 5 deliveries. Got ambitious and tried to make it 6 out of 6, made room for myself and tried to smash it on the off side but got bowled!

Scored just 20 runs but loved the experience. We won btw!

I find my knock similar to these two knocks by Viru! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hating the indoor nets where I practice - I can only get about a five-pace runup in. I'm nowling rapid, but no rhythm so it's quite erratic too :( Swinging round corners though.

My batting's coming on miles - I've mastered the scoop!

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Being the lower back though, it's the middle of everything. It depends what you need to stretch. If it goes away with a bit of overhead and hip flexor stretching, then you might be in the clear. However, if it persists, or if these aren't the areas you're stretching, then it's probably not because you're just not stretching hard enough. It could be a weakness in your abs or glutes, or just a matter of bending the back wrong.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Just to inform you lower back is often related to your hamstrings and upper legs. Make sure you are keeping them stretched as well. The whole human body is connected, so if you fail to stretch your hamstrings/quads etc then as they tighten they put far more stress on your lower back.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Just finished the regular season (well there's one more round and we had the bye) and we have to wait for next week's result between 3rd and 4th to see whether we finish 2nd or 3rd.

I finished with 26 wickets @ 14.15 over the season, as our opening bowlers bowled the opposition out in their first innings (was the top team as well) and then I bowled like 2 overs for 24 in their second innings (since they were just having a slog and I had a dropped catch off my bowling before going for two sixes -_-). Only two other people got more wickets in the competition (both 26), one of which is a chucker who's still allowed to play and I really hate him -_-

So I'll say I took the second most wickets in the competition :p

Won't mention my batting, lol but a HS of 8* :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
If you're struggling with the pull shot. Get rid of it. Too many people watch cricket and assume they have to play every shot in the world. By all means use nets to work on improving yourself, but the key to batting is knowing your own game. If you have a solid platform (as in can stay in for long periods without losing concentration) then runs will follow. You're never gonna be batting against Harmison on an uneven Windies pitch so the chances are the balls are all in roughly the same area but not with too much venom. However unlike Harmy, they'll probably bowl just a bad ball or two an over, so you wait for those and put them away.

Struggling with an attacking shot. Leave it alone and just work on playing to your own strengths (which since you're not a Sachin or Lara, will probably be some kind of swipe across the line to something outside offstump ;) )

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If you're struggling with the pull shot. Get rid of it. Too many people watch cricket and assume they have to play every shot in the world. By all means use nets to work on improving yourself, but the key to batting is knowing your own game. If you have a solid platform (as in can stay in for long periods without losing concentration) then runs will follow. You're never gonna be batting against Harmison on an uneven Windies pitch so the chances are the balls are all in roughly the same area but not with too much venom. However unlike Harmy, they'll probably bowl just a bad ball or two an over, so you wait for those and put them away.

Struggling with an attacking shot. Leave it alone and just work on playing to your own strengths (which since you're not a Sachin or Lara, will probably be some kind of swipe across the line to something outside offstump ;) )

I do like playing the scoop, flick and the sweep. Although I hadn't tried any of those yesterday. But I connected well with the pull. I don't really like going for humongous hits or anything. But bowling has always been my strong point.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Did you hit the bat on your head or did you connect the ball with the bat and the ball struck your head?

venkat

School Cricketer
hi i am looking to buy newbery mjolnier or tourer bat can any one give me sugession .

oksathish

School Cricketer
help me please

could i use reverse swing with out or inswing or it is only upto slow and straight deliveries

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
hi i am looking to buy newbery mjolnier or tourer bat can any one give me sugession .

Yeah, don't buy them. Buy a nike and puma bat as they are the best for the price and probably the best bats around in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread