Your Cricket Discuss Your Cricket

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Aaha! The "whiter" Joel Garner is doing good against the rival kids.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
They all seemed very adult to me when I was there, but anyway...

----------

And if I ever turned out to be even a quarter as good as Joel Garner, I'd be delighted.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And if I ever turned out to be even a quarter as good as Joel Garner, I'd be delighted.

Good to see you post this. The "whiter" Joel Garner post made me think you have no respect for the legend.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No, that's not the case at all. I was just poking fun at anyone who could compare me to him, flattered as I was.

Jigs Chana

School Cricketer
Good Players Wanted for Div 1 Club - West Indies United CC, South Lon

Hi All,
West Indies United CC established 46 years now is a strong competitive team who play in South London Sunday Cricket League, Caribbean Cup Competition and The Berty Joel Cup (going over 40 years).

We are looking to attract good quality players of any colour or nationality as long as they enjoy competitive cricket being part of a squad.

We do sponsor overseas players each year from various countries also attract good local players also.

I am also The League Secretary of South London Sunday Cricket League (see South London Sunday League - Site) which had 2 Division with about 20 teams.

Please contact me if you would like more information or be interested to join out Club where you would be warmly invited.

Many thanks.

Jigs Chana
Chairman, West Indies United Cricket Club
Email: [email protected]

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok so I've been looking for a club to join this summer. Yesterday I was so close to joining a club but only for their Sunday team to fold a couple of days ago due to a lack of commitment, their Saturday team however is still going but I work on Friday & Saturday nights so i'd be getting next to nothing sleep in between shifts...but i'm still interested as I really want to play some cricket! :yes

Any advice from you guys here would be much appreciated.

BTW the Saturday team is 'League' cricket so the standard is better than Sunday 'Friendly' cricket and I've never played competitively before (I know how to bowl/hold a bat :p) but I have been informed that experience doesn't really matter just as long as you're keen to play.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
^Scrap that, I've put my name forward for another club which plays 'Friendly' cricket on Sunday's so hopefully i'll get the call before the season is out.

Going to buy my new cricket gear today :)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Ok so I went down to my local club today to have a practice. I bowled in the nets on my own for the majority of the session under the supervision of one of the coaches. I did get to bowl twice to one of the pros and both of them got smashed Lol I blame the nerves as there were about 10 other guys watching me bowl :D.

I decided to bowl spin as my knee is a bit dodgy after last years fracture plus I've always been intrigued by spin and how it's bowled. I really surprised myself with how well I bowled considering it was my first time and I learnt a lot from the coach.

I must have bowled about 15 or so overs straight (my arm is aching so much :noway) but I really enjoyed it :yes. So glad I've finally found some local nets that I can use to practise and hopefully I can get picked for one of the teams although I am happy just to practise at the moment.

Anyone else here bowl spin? Would love to hear your thoughts.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
I've put my name forward for another club which plays 'Friendly' cricket on Sunday's so hopefully i'll get the call before the season is out.
Got my first ever match tomorrow! :)

grkrama

National Board President
Anyone else here bowl spin? Would love to hear your thoughts.
been a part-time tweaker myself during college, the thing i found with spin is its more mental than physical ability, its not more about turn or tricks [while they certainly help a lot], its more about getting a read on the batsman, you should have control enough to keep changing the length or line that little bit to cause discomfort to the batsman at the last minute.Never bowl were the batsman expects you to bowl, cause unlike pace with spin if the batsman knows what you are upto its going to go a long way.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
I should probably add that I don't bother with spin anymore, was too difficult. Bowling medium pace now which is so much easier to control.

Didn't get to bat or bowl as the runs were knocked off with ease (was due in @6). A good experience nevertheless :)

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So just got a phone call from a regional coach, apparently there's a club in England interested in a fast bowler, and I've been selected to go to a few trainings so their contacts can have a look at me. Well this was unexpected, but bloody exciting :D

Edit:

I think the club is called Allendale or something? If anybody has heard of them.. No idea what standard cricket they play, but if they have overseas players then it must be at least semi-good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread