Your Cricket Discuss Your Cricket

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
In my last net session I was bowling the best I've bowled since the end of last season, the batsmen couldn't pick my googly and I was bowling really accurately.
I also bought some Mongoose pads and they're incredibly light and comfortable I recommend them.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
booked a indoor net session with the bowling machine today and i managed to face a couple of balls in the 90-95 mph zone, i could see the ball but didn't have enough time to move the feet and anything not full outside off was too hard to hit.

took two blows to the body, one on the hand and the other on my thigh, hopefully it doesn't hurt too bad tomorrow.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Played my fourth match of the season today and got my first wicket of the season. We were chasing around 240 off 40 overs and we fell short by about 60 runs. One guy in my team hit 68 off 35 hitting around 5 sixes including two switch hits for 6 and 4. I just got 4* at the end and my bowling figures were too expensive, I think I got something like 1-40 off 6 overs. Are there any other people playing club cricket at the moment? Because it's interesting to hear how other people's season's are going.

chidley

School Cricketer
Managed to go for a golden one in my first game for my uni side, which was fairly anoying, playin at 7, worst shot ever to start with, just tried draggin a spinner into the legside nd played on bottom edge onto the stumps. not dropped tho got another chance tomorrow so hopefully will do better and keep my head
:facepalm

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Managed to go for a golden one in my first game for my uni side, which was fairly anoying, playin at 7, worst shot ever to start with, just tried draggin a spinner into the legside nd played on bottom edge onto the stumps. not dropped tho got another chance tomorrow so hopefully will do better and keep my head
:facepalm

lol in my last match I should've been out first ball but I wasn't given out even though I was plumb lbw.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played my fourth match of the season today and got my first wicket of the season. We were chasing around 240 off 40 overs and we fell short by about 60 runs. One guy in my team hit 68 off 35 hitting around 5 sixes including two switch hits for 6 and 4. I just got 4* at the end and my bowling figures were too expensive, I think I got something like 1-40 off 6 overs. Are there any other people playing club cricket at the moment? Because it's interesting to hear how other people's season's are going.

Mate i captain the under 17's for the last 20 games. Had the worst season as captain, except last match were i scored 108*(58). T20. Won the game. It was a really good batting track near Lichfeild.

JohnC

School Cricketer
1st Match of our new season yesterday
My team won the toss and chose to bowl
Because of me missing 5 stumpings the other team scored 285-3 in 40 overs! :facepalm
But my 145 off 120 got my team the victory :D:D:D Total 286-6 in 34 overs :thumbs

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Because of me missing 5 stumpings the other team scored 285-3 in 40 overs! :facepalm
But my 145 off 120 got my team the victory :D:D:D Total 286-6 in 34 overs :thumbs
That was very good match for you with the bat. Can't say the same with the gloves and you know why? :p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK

OMG wefound Kamran Akmal location.

Yesterday played my first test match and scored a double hundred:D. 2nd highest score in the team and highest strike rate. I made 215 (179 or 189 ball). Took a lot of patience but I am getting better. Glad I am not captain of test just T20 and pro40.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend

You seem to be a Sangarkara while front of the wickets and Kamran Akmal behind the wickets. :D

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Probably just me but does anyone else feel disinterested in playing cricket this upcoming this season? For any reason.

It's hitting me right now. Deadset don't even feel like playing.

Never had this feeling before, probably just change clubs though - my current one is giving me the shites at the moment. Fighting over the stupid captaincy (of which is hardly utilized properly, now it is just an assumption of power) + their isn't a desire to win anymore. So dumb.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
had abit of a rough season this year, struggled to score runs all year managing 89 runs from 11 innings and when bowling despite some economical bowling not managed to take too many wickets. Finally found my form this weekend hitting 2 back to back 50s on saturday and sunday, 50 and 52 to add my 2nd and 3rd of my career. typical really 3 year gap between my 1st and 2nd then the 3rd comes a day later. Hopefully it will carry over to the next few weeks and I might get a call up to the 1st team.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Going really well this season. 20 wickets @ 11.5 in 9 matches. I don't know what else to do to get up a grade but I'm really getting sick of it. Artificial pitches are a bitch to bowl on as I get no turn most of the time despite the fact I can spin the ball a fair bit and I get most of my wickets through pace variation. I'm now pretty much going for the bowling average award for the grade.

Probably doesn't help that I've done ???? all with the bat.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Understood perfectly what exactly is the difference between blowing in regular way and sling.

I was pretty comfortable with the Mitchell Starc style action, but soon after I delivered 3 perfect yorkers and two unplayable balls, I started feeling bit uneasy, something like feeling pain when we bend down near the point where our back bone starts at the bottom, a bit above bum, to be even specific.

But I remember those 5 balls, of which 3 were perfect yorkers, bowled out the top batsman of our apartments for 4 consecutive times (yeah, it was practicing time when I experimented this).

Will track how this pain turns out to be- will be sleeping on flat surface, possible without any pillow.

Users who are viewing this thread