dll error launching game

ulukai

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Having initially downloaded the legal gamesplanet version of AC-09 and then getting screwed by the fact that the beta patches only worked on the retail version, I finally gave in and bought the retail copy. Installed the beta patches and everything worked fine. I've been playing the game for the past few weeks without any issues, and it's been great.

However, all of a sudden today the game refuses to start. When I double-click the game exe, it waits a few seconds and throws an error message about msvcr80.dll ?! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that didnt help. I tried reinstalling the MS visual studio dll files again, and still no luck. I copied the dll mentioned (msvcr80.dll) into my windows/system and windows/system32 directories and retried but that failed too..

Anyone else seen this issue? Please help! Thanks

I have attached a screenshot of the detailed error message

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

arjind

International Coach
Hmm, try googling it, just look for that file dl it and pste into the necessary directory

prash2cool

School Cricketer
ulukai, please click on "click here" on the error to see the exact error msg.

Once done, Pls attach the sceenshot of the error msg after click on "click here" for technical information.

Having initially downloaded the legal gamesplanet version of AC-09 and then getting screwed by the fact that the beta patches only worked on the retail version, I finally gave in and bought the retail copy. Installed the beta patches and everything worked fine. I've been playing the game for the past few weeks without any issues, and it's been great.

However, all of a sudden today the game refuses to start. When I double-click the game exe, it waits a few seconds and throws an error message about msvcr80.dll ?! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that didnt help. I tried reinstalling the MS visual studio dll files again, and still no luck. I copied the dll mentioned (msvcr80.dll) into my windows/system and windows/system32 directories and retried but that failed too..

Anyone else seen this issue? Please help! Thanks

I have attached a screenshot of the detailed error message

Users who are viewing this thread