Does IIT require more Cramming or Real Understanding?

P

pcfan123

Uh yes I do, by IT I meant IT jobs, I know what IIT is, although I can't say I yearn for it sexually like you lot do.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are there any good liberal arts college in India?

There are probably, I can't say. (Delhi University arts and economics colleges have a reputation, but as far as I know, it's only for their lucrative job packages.)

AkshayC

County Cricketer
IT is not the be all end all

Are there any good liberal arts college in India?

I think he is talking about the common IT in MIT and IIT.:p

----------

(Delhi University arts and economics colleges have a reputation, but as far as I know, it's only for their lucrative job packages.)

There are other uni too :

Varun

ICC Board Member
lol and there is another post quoting "the hypothetical situation won't happen anyway".

But, TBH, the thread has a lot of good points, which would make you clear. (I have an ID on College Confidential)

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Yes. It is.
But it's only for those students who don't really have a passion in science. If you have the spark to do it, you can do it by real understanding too.

ANd if you try to do it the other way, understanding practical aspects, treat science as your passion, then you'll need time - lots of time, not just two-three years but your whole life. But then it's almost a cinch that you won't top the JEE.

Huge Contradiction ??

Varun

ICC Board Member
Not really a contradiction, but I feel I didn't make myself clear.

If you've the 'spark' in science - that means somewhat different from what was earlier scribbled by me - that is you have a profound passion and intellect in Science (which all but few people possess), you're bound to get qualified, but you'd then be one in billions.

Howewer, if you're not passionate about science, or rather the IIT syllabus (I don't consider what they teach in the coaching classes to be science.), you've to cram the concepts and questions to get through. It's a cinch that you won't succeed if you're the aforementioned, and try to deeply understand the concepts practically, theoretically, philosophically (which most of us would not even consider?) and of course, intellectually, within just two-four years. Just because it isn't possible to do it in two-four years, unless you annihilate your social life and personality totally. So you basically join these coaching centre and learn (only theoretically) the syllabi by heart, studying 8 hours a day, and whoosh!!!, you're in. Without a life.

PS : Feel free to pinpoint fallacious statements in my argument, I would love that rather than detest.

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Not really a contradiction, but I feel I didn't make myself clear.

If you've the 'spark' in science - that means somewhat different from what was earlier scribbled by me - that is you have a profound passion and intellect in Science (which all but few people possess), you're bound to get qualified, but you'd then be one in billions.

Howewer, if you're not passionate about science, or rather the IIT syllabus (I don't consider what they teach in the coaching classes to be science.), you've to cram the concepts and questions to get through. It's a cinch that you won't succeed if you're the aforementioned, and try to deeply understand the concepts practically, theoretically, philosophically (which most of us would not even consider?) and of course, intellectually, within just two-four years. Just because it isn't possible to do it in two-four years, unless you annihilate your social life and personality totally. So you basically join these coaching centre and learn (only theoretically) the syllabi by heart, studying 8 hours a day, and whoosh!!!, you're in. Without a life.

PS : Feel free to pinpoint fallacious statements in my argument, I would love that rather than detest.

passion and intellect are two different things i can be very passionate about something and still be not very good at it .

Varun

ICC Board Member
Well I didn't get what you meant. :p Are you an AIR-913?

Users who are viewing this thread