Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dont ever trust the Confidence meters of the Bowler and Keeper . I had them at 98% , went for the Review and it missed .

Rather go with your own gut feel.

I think think I've definitely learned that here, haha! At least it was only in a casual match for practice. Having said that, I had one go the other way last night, where I thought I was out, but review confidence was up in the 90s. I thought what the heck, and went for it. Turns out it was outside the line. So it's a useful guideline sometimes but don't trust it exclusively. Having said that, I had the AI overturn a decision that got me given out LBW when ball tracking showed about 1% of the ball was hitting the stumps. I thought it had to be certain to overturn a not out decision so I wasn't too impresed with that. Maybe the BARS just judges it differently.

B

Bigby Wolf

Not sure what you want to happen, high rated players will be picked, in the case of older players that have retired from internationals like Nathan Mccullum you could just delete them if you don't want them showing up.
What i don't want is default players coming the likes of zeishan kader, hesham sardar N mcgarthy atleast for first few years ,will try to simulate to see how the lineup changes over the next few years because i guess the dynamic lineup will have default generic players to replace the players who have retired.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I'm struggling to take wickets in career mode. Playing as a batsmen all-rounder (fast medium) and the wickets I took came in the form of catches to infielders, couple of LBWs and clean bowlds and not a single one from caught behind or slips.
Plan, set them up and use the shorter pitch trigger to bowl fuller in that length..For me majority has been WK catch...Slips not yet because its T20 in club, should now try with being selected for state...

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Just had my first AI run-out! The ball was hit past Mid On towards the boundary while my outfielder came running round to try and stop it, and the batsmen completed a single - the striker then called for a second and started to run back, but the non-striker, who could see the fielder in the deep picking up the ball was hesitant and turned back into his crease to ground his bat. The striker was committed though and already a third of the way down the pitch as the fielder aimed his throw. The striker was almost halfway back and there was suddenly a bit of yes/no -ing going on before the non-striker realised he had to go for it. As the throw came back to the bowler, he was still a few metres short and the bails were quickly whipped off. Loved the realistic sense of confusion between the batsmen and they'd have known they made a mistake, the mix up costing them a wicket. I've seen lots of people talking about the AI being cautious with its running so I thought I'd share that.

Edit - Just had another with a direct hit from the infield after they turned back from trying a quick single.

Last edited:

Nagi

Club Cricketer
Can I ask what may seem a daft question to some but just can't find anything googling or missing the actual options for where it is in game. Would like to start a bowling career but I just can't stand the fielding sets available as they dont work. I've seen the bugs on setting custom fields, so want to try suffer with that than not having an option at all.

So my question, where in the world is the option to create a custom field not/while playing and save it so moving forward I have presets available to myself for further matches moving forward.

EDIT: PC Version

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Can I ask what may seem a daft question to some but just can't find anything googling or missing the actual options for where it is in game. Would like to start a bowling career but I just can't stand the fielding sets available as they dont work. I've seen the bugs on setting custom fields, so want to try suffer with that than not having an option at all.

So my question, where in the world is the option to create a custom field not/while playing and save it so moving forward I have presets available to myself for further matches moving forward.

EDIT: PC Version

Thanks for the help.

you'll find the field editor in the "match designer" menu.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am Notifying the Problem in Career Mode Camera angle Vs Match tour Camera Angle

Career Fielding Camera is Not Working ....

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Really really enjoying the created stadiums now my graphics issues are fixed. Hats off to everyone who put in the effort.

Was just playing a short match at Newlands and had to take this screenshot - looks absolutely lovely!

Pakistan_At_Newlands.jpg

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dont ever trust the Confidence meters of the Bowler and Keeper . I had them at 98% , went for the Review and it missed .

Rather go with your own gut feel.

TBH I wouldn't mind the confidence level removed for reviews. It doesn't add much and you would want to review based on your gut feel anyway.

Englishman

School Cricketer
Is there any way of storing logo stadium data on PS4 keep having to delete it all to play the game,or will this be fixed in the upcoming patch?

Rajiv M S

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am not able to see the rain , is there any fix for it ?!

Users who are viewing this thread