Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

First.Last

School Cricketer
Hi everyone, long time lurker here finally deciding to post :D I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed that not all of the sight screens are big enough? Playing in career mode i recently got promoted to an australian shield team, and when i started playing, the ball release from the hand of the bowler as well as the first 1-2 feet of the delivery was against the trees/whatever in the background instead of the sightscreen... in both the vertical and horizontal sense, depending on the bowler...

I tried to alleviate this by deleting all the stadiums that it was possible to delete, which i thought would revert all games to be played at the SCG - as the tooltip suggested, however when i started a new career and simulated until being selected for shield teams, the problem persisted - games still played at "the gabba" even though i deleted this ground (Or so i thought... it did appear to be a more generic/different "gabba" however).

Im not playing with a 7 foot tall batsmen or anything weird either...

This is pretty much game-breaking for me, as to time the ball properly, one has to be able to see the ball coming out of the hand well (Why sightscreens were invented etc)...

Any tips???

EDIT: So i figured out i can go and manually change the home ground for the team in the academy and it works on careers currently in progress - however feel this is a rather unacceptable way to fix this issue... Why arent the sightscreens the right size in the first place???

Last edited:

KimmorleyKiller

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Are you the full quid? You do not need a sight screen to see the ball release. It's a video game FFS.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
I've got to admit, I found it difficult to see the marker on the default settings. I ended up using the custom option to change the display time from 25 to 35, which gives me an extra fraction of a second to focus my eyes on it properly and get my fingers into position for the shot, without it showing up unrealistically early. It's been fine for me like that since, if that helps anyone.

First.Last

School Cricketer
Are you the full quid? You do not need a sight screen to see the ball release. It's a video game FFS.
I've got to admit, I found it difficult to see the marker on the default settings. I ended up using the custom option to change the display time from 25 to 35, which gives me an extra fraction of a second to focus my eyes on it properly and get my fingers into position for the shot, without it showing up unrealistically early. It's been fine for me like that since, if that helps anyone.

Personally i play with no markers of any kind, just have the timing turned way down to 25 or so, and other settings (footwork, shot selection etc) on 100, so its quite hard to get the footwork and shot selection right, but possible to play based on watching the ball...

Bit disappointed with the 'difficulty settings' for batting - tried playing on 'hard' batting, but i found that it wasnt possible for me to play power shots without completely premeditating both line and length... similar situation with anything off the back foot...

Zapages

Club Cricketer
Could someone please PM on how I could login into my Cricket Academy account on DBC17 (Steam)? Many thanks.

I can't log in at all into it. Although I can log into it DBC14 with no problem at all. :(

I don't where I can reset my password or log in information.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Not sure what the fielder was trying here...

20170201122745_1.jpg 20170201122746_1.jpg 20170201122747_1.jpg 20170201122749_1.jpg 20170201122748_1.jpg 20170201122750_1.jpg 20170201122756_1.jpg 20170201122759_1.jpg

WaveringSiggy

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
has anyone all of a sudden lost all of the logos that you created/downloaded? I quick downloaded a team then all of said logos are gone

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Why does it double the amount of games played and reduce my average in my stats when I haven't even played that many games?? Is there a fix for this?

B

Bigby Wolf

Career mode crashed after previewing the replay in the last ball of the match.
And now the career mode is actually stuck .i.e whenever i resume the career mode the game crashes after the loading screen is done (after pressing A to continue).
Done all the troubleshooting steps @MattW @HBK619 Please have a look at this issue.
I have the attached the Don Bradman cricket 17 zip file from the documents folder.
20170205132941_1.jpg
20170205133005_1.jpg
20170205133318_1.jpg

Attachments

• Don Bradman Cricket 17.7z
    11.8 MB · Views: 114

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Career mode crashed after previewing the replay in the last ball of the match.
And now the career mode is actually stuck .i.e whenever i resume the career mode the game crashes after the loading screen is done (after pressing A to continue).
Done all the troubleshooting steps @MattW @HBK619 Please have a look at this issue.
I have the attached the Don Bradman cricket 17 zip file from the documents folder.
View attachment 181626 View attachment 181627 View attachment 181628
To resume it start a new career or alternate career if you have one..Resume a match in that save and come back to this career and resume it will work , has happened many times for me, this one keeps it going...

Users who are viewing this thread