Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

D

Deleted member 9102

db14 on ps3....i have a question..

i dont like few players how they look in few teams...and i want to replace single player from a particular team..
say i want to replace only yuvraj singh, india with the best looking yuvraj singh from downloads...but i cant und. how to go bout it....

how to replace single player..
please suggest.
1. From the main menu, go to "Don Bradman Academy"
2. Go into the "Player" section
3. Go into the "Online Community" section
4. Select "Custom Search"
5. Select "New" then enter the player name into the "Player Name" field and sort by Rating.
6. Browse the players, and on the version you wish to download, press triangle.
7. Select which aspects of the current version you would like to replace with the one you are downloading, then hit the "Replace" button.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In career, you get 5xp for a maiden, so its calculating. SO why does it not show on the scorecard?!

Agreed. Scorecard needs a tonne of work, the even more annoying thing is the on-ground scoreboard is calculating maidens but you never see it.

One thing that has annoyed me is the lack of cohesion on when you are asked to bowl.

I only ever get to bowl in T20 games, which is fine... I'm no bowler, but I'll often be brought on between the 15 - 18th over a T20 match which is a bit ridiculous, you wouldn't be bringing on a part-timer during the mid to end of a T20 match. It gets funkier when I take a couple of wickets then the captain takes me off and brings on the pace bowlers to finish up between 18 - 20.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
but I'll often be brought on between the 15 - 18th over a T20 match which is a bit ridiculous, you wouldn't be bringing on a part-timer during the mid to end of a T20 match. It gets funkier when I take a couple of wickets then the captain takes me off and brings on the pace bowlers to finish up between 18 - 20.

Sounds exactly like Dhoni

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Agreed. Scorecard needs a tonne of work, the even more annoying thing is the on-ground scoreboard is calculating maidens but you never see it.

I only ever get to bowl in T20 games, which is fine... I'm no bowler, but I'll often be brought on between the 15 - 18th over a T20 match which is a bit ridiculous, you wouldn't be bringing on a part-timer during the mid to end of a T20 match. It gets funkier when I take a couple of wickets then the captain takes me off and brings on the pace bowlers to finish up between 18 - 20.

I have exactly the same thing, except am a bowler. Haven;t got to T20's yet. Also, it says that I am very close to Eng ODI (I've only played 10 matches!), but if I was close to the England squad, surely I'd be the first spinner you'd go to? I do have Monty to compete with at Essex though! Some times the 2 part time bowlers (spinner and medium) get overs before I do. Stupid.

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So how hard is it to get a online game in DBC 14 on PC in Australia?

I've tried over the last couple of days through the matchmaking service and hit nothing. The Steam group seems pretty dead as well.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
You're better off adding folks from around here and getting a game that way. The "quick match" thing can take forever and it's often a hive of scum and villainy... and folks playing with all Tindoolkar teams.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
I've recently discovered how funny the team suggestions that the game gives you when you try to pick a new lineup are. Its obviously generating what it thinks the best team available is, but its usually so wrong that its funny. For example, with the very good England team made by @Madman it suggests the following England dream team!

1. Morgan (w)
2. Cook
3. Root
4. Ballance
5. Prior
6. Bell
7. Broad
8. Plunkett
9. Bresnan
10. Kerrigan
11. Anderson (c)

12. Finn

The funny parts for me are picking Eoin over Prior for the keeping gloves, and (rightfully) skipping over Cook for the captaincy... I do disagree that poor old Ronald is a worse batsman than Prior, though!

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Also: Kerrigan couldn't land a ball in internationals; Kerrigan is batting too high. He should be below Anderson and Finn.

And Morgan had technical issues down the order there is no way he could open.

Other than that it's proper.

D

Deleted member 9102

I've recently discovered how funny the team suggestions that the game gives you when you try to pick a new lineup are. Its obviously generating what it thinks the best team available is, but its usually so wrong that its funny. For example, with the very good England team made by @Madman it suggests the following England dream team!

1. Morgan (w)
2. Cook
3. Root
4. Ballance
5. Prior
6. Bell
7. Broad
8. Plunkett
9. Bresnan
10. Kerrigan
11. Anderson (c)

12. Finn

The funny parts for me are picking Eoin over Prior for the keeping gloves, and (rightfully) skipping over Cook for the captaincy... I do disagree that poor old Ronald is a worse batsman than Prior, though!
Haha I hadn't seen that feature! :p Glad you like the team... I'm still making adjustments to it and uploading new versions now and again - to begin with I only really bothered with the player appearances and the lineups but now I'm starting to tinker with the skills/attributes. Hopefully when I've finished this, the game logic for picking the lineups will choose something more suitable!

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Haha I hadn't seen that feature! :p Glad you like the team... I'm still making adjustments to it and uploading new versions now and again - to begin with I only really bothered with the player appearances and the lineups but now I'm starting to tinker with the skills/attributes. Hopefully when I've finished this, the game logic for picking the lineups will choose something more suitable!

Does the team have your name? The default England team (like the default Essex team actually) proper needs some tinkering.

Users who are viewing this thread