Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Prices this prices that. In my opinion if you can buy a pc that can run DBC smoothly then you should be able to afford the real game whether you're im Tokyo, India, South Africa, America or freaking Elephant Island!

Yes agreed , And any one want to Play DBC with latest Patch has to buy.

Did I spy a Hardware Bundle the other day for India?

I'm convinced I saw a PS3 bundle including a copy of the game, like in a Bradman-Branded box (thought could have been a mock-up), but I can't find it now!

Could have been a senior moment/dream/vision.

Hello

I can see that you can download teams however in doing this does the Big Ant team do updates to the latest list of team members for County and International cricket sides and if so do the teams in career mode automatically update from this data.

If not and we have to do it manually will this also update the teams in career mode

If not then this needs to be something to look at in the next release of the game as it will make it more realistic to play with the latest team players than players that no longer play for that team/country.

I know this is the currently the best Cricket game on the market but from playing the game and reading/posting on these forums I see they still have several changes they could make to make the game more realistic.

Basil

Reactions: Pat
Hello

I can see that you can download teams however in doing this does the Big Ant team do updates to the latest list of team members for County and International cricket sides and if so do the teams in career mode automatically update from this data.

If not and we have to do it manually will this also update the teams in career mode

If not then this needs to be something to look at in the next release of the game as it will make it more realistic to play with the latest team players than players that no longer play for that team/country.

I know this is the currently the best Cricket game on the market but from playing the game and reading/posting on these forums I see they still have several changes they could make to make the game more realistic.

Basil

There have been lots of discussions about this.

The game is unlicensed, so Big Ant do not have any input into the downloaded teams. Some of those were created some time ago, and may not be up to date... but then again, nor would a licensed game be by now.

The academy allows for user generated content and that gives you good and bad things. Anyone too lazy or stupid to check the teams they've downloaded, and make any edits prior to playing with them simply doesn't get what the academy tool is.

You have a choice, you can either play the out of box, unlicensed teams, or you can download from the academy accepting that the downloaded team may need edits (and make the edits yourself) or create your own team from scratch.

In my opinion, Big Ant should remove the prompt for Get Best to make a better separation between "their" content, and user generated content. There should also be a clearer warning that the academy teams are user generated and not necessarily complete or accurate.

There is a thread stickied on this forum, with lists of teams including ones that have been more recently updated and that warns you to check the downloaded content. If you choose to ignore all that, and don't understand the concept of user-generated content, then it's on you, not Big Ant.

Unnecessary Signature.

In my opinion, Big Ant should remove the prompt for Get Best to make a better separation between "their" content, and user generated content. There should also be a clearer warning that the academy teams are user generated and not necessarily complete or accurate.
Your opinion is correct.

This: Buy Sony PS3 12GB Console (Free Game: Don Bradman Cricket 14) Online at Low Prices in India | Sony Video Games - Amazon.in

The bundle with the "free game" costs 1 rupee more than buying the console and game separately - but "free game"...

Yeah, that's the one I saw. Didn't notice the price was very little difference!

I was just hoping it was an official Sony bundle, which would assumingly come with a big marketing effort from them to help. Sadly it looks like this is just a retailer making it look as such, whilst actually just selling the two things individually.

Preaching to pirates is like banging your head against a brick wall. Pirates will pirate even if you price the game at a dollar and have all the features in the world. I'm sure the rationale that time would be "But it's only a dollar... surely that can't hurt Big Ant that much".

I agree. I was aiming this at the idea that pirates cannot get updates regardless of price.[DOUBLEPOST=1433854278][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, that's the one I saw. Didn't notice the price was very little difference!

I was just hoping it was an official Sony bundle, which would assumingly come with a big marketing effort from them to help. Sadly it looks like this is just a retailer making it look as such, whilst actually just selling the two things individually.

It's a deal done with Sony but only for India and not an officially marketed bundle.

Got very close to doing a deal in the UK/Australia for the upcoming Ashes but it fell over at the last hurdle.

Got very close to doing a deal in the UK/Australia for the upcoming Ashes but it fell over at the last hurdle.

Yeah, the timing is unfortunate. Probably not ready to do PS4/XB1 bundles with anything other than the 2 or 3 BIG titles, and the PS3/360 one would be weird having "14" attached to the name - makes it sound old already.

This: Buy Sony PS3 12GB Console (Free Game: Don Bradman Cricket 14) Online at Low Prices in India | Sony Video Games - Amazon.in

The bundle with the "free game" costs 1 rupee more than buying the console and game separately - but "free game"...

Would be very appreciative if anyone can get a good photo of one of these bundles in a store.[DOUBLEPOST=1433895284][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, the timing is unfortunate. Probably not ready to do PS4/XB1 bundles with anything other than the 2 or 3 BIG titles, and the PS3/360 one would be weird having "14" attached to the name - makes it sound old already.

Yeah, we were looking at either Xb1 or PS4.

Users who are viewing this thread