Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

So when we getting the release date for this game, my patience is getting the better of me.:yes

OK, Today is the Date that Sir Donald Bradman played his last ever test innings, making a duck, and finishing with that superb average of 99.94.

Is there any chance in honour of this that we may have some sought of big realease news or anything in honour of Sir Dons Last innings???

Last edited:
OK, Today is the Date that Sir Donald Bradman played his last ever test innings, only making 4 runs, and finishing with that superb average of 99.98.

Is there any chance in honour of this that we may have some sought of big realease news or anything in honour of Sir Dons Last innings???

...You don't even know his average or how many he scored in his last innings. But that's ok because you asked an incredibly unique request for the release date.

Fixed for you nathan scott

I am not asking for a release date, I know that is frowned upon, I am now trying to predict when the release of the release date is

I am looking at what could entice Big Ant to release the release date, maybe a special event or something like that

On radio this morning it was mentioned today was the day of Bradmans last test innings and i was hoping someone at Big Ant Studios had maybe suggested some big event for this day

clearly i am wrong though.....

Last edited:
Fixed for you nathan scott

I am not asking for a release date, I know that is frowned upon, I am now trying to predict when the release of the release date is

I am looking at what could entice Big Ant to release the release date, maybe a special event or something like that

On radio this morning it was mentioned today was the day of Bradmans last test innings and i was hoping someone at Big Ant Studios had maybe suggested some big event for this day

clearly i am wrong though.....

Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than to see a video of Bradman receiving a standing ovation as his last international innings came to an end, but I don't think this is a possibility with all they're doing there at the moment. Nice thinking =D

On This Day In 1948, Don Bradman Played His Last Test Innings and Out For Duck in That Match and Holds the Record For Having an Average of 99.94 !!

Dear Ross/friends, when will the play session take place? Thanks.

Dear Ross/friends, when will the play session take place? Thanks.

When they announce it here we will know. Ross, and countless others, have said a million times that there is no point asking for release dates for ANYTHING. They will make it known here. Until then we are either patient or impatient and get on each others nerves.....

so i know its been said that there will be no bowling marker i.e you wont see where the ball is going until it is actually bowled...i was just wondering if its the same when you are the bowling side..so like how will you know what line and length you will be bowling?

im not sure how many of you have played much fifa...but the penalties could be great for a cricket game...

so basically there is a gage of green, yellow and red with a pin going side to side...the closer you get to green the more accurate the shot...the of the green depends on skill, fatigue etc. so you need to press shoot button in green...thats the first step.

imagine that in a cricket game, so for example the bowler is runniing in and just before he jumps in the popping crease to have to stop the pin as close to the green as possible. this would obviously become harder later in a spell or if the bowler has no rhythem etc.

now the cool part. so in fifa theres an invisible marker ( can turn on in practice) that basically start in the middle of the goal. once you have pressed shoot and the pin has stopped you can move this marker with the analog. now the whole thing depends on where the pin stops. in the green...ball shoots very accurately..yellow...the marker gets bigger and shot will be eratic etc...

so in cricket when the bowler is close to his jump you stop the pin...then use the analog to move the invisible marker to full length..short or whatever and what line you want to bowl. obviously if the pin stops in yellow or the owler is trued etc the marker will go large and the ball bowled would be eratic or a full tose.

anyway, just an idea, would love to see what Ross thinks of this?:wave

so i know its been said that there will be no bowling marker i.e you wont see where the ball is going until it is actually bowled...i was just wondering if its the same when you are the bowling side..so like how will you know what line and length you will be bowling?

im not sure how many of you have played much fifa...but the penalties could be great for a cricket game...

so basically there is a gage of green, yellow and red with a pin going side to side...the closer you get to green the more accurate the shot...the of the green depends on skill, fatigue etc. so you need to press shoot button in green...thats the first step.

imagine that in a cricket game, so for example the bowler is runniing in and just before he jumps in the popping crease to have to stop the pin as close to the green as possible. this would obviously become harder later in a spell or if the bowler has no rhythem etc.

now the cool part. so in fifa theres an invisible marker ( can turn on in practice) that basically start in the middle of the goal. once you have pressed shoot and the pin has stopped you can move this marker with the analog. now the whole thing depends on where the pin stops. in the green...ball shoots very accurately..yellow...the marker gets bigger and shot will be eratic etc...

so in cricket when the bowler is close to his jump you stop the pin...then use the analog to move the invisible marker to full length..short or whatever and what line you want to bowl. obviously if the pin stops in yellow or the owler is trued etc the marker will go large and the ball bowled would be eratic or a full tose.

anyway, just an idea, would love to see what Ross thinks of this?:wave

From what I've read on these forums, I think you will find that the controls for bowling will be more similar to the analogue swing method seen in Tiger Woods games.

ie. Pull back on the analogue stick and then fling forward... faster you move the more speed, but if you aren't straight then it will not go exactly as planned. Obviously adapted to suit.

Users who are viewing this thread