Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
OFF TOPIC: was a great Grand Final - ref's were ordinary but it all worked out reasonably well in the end... great try to win it.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Talking about advertising and reviews.. is anything being lined up to get some early press through ABC's Good Game?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
All mainstream gaming journalism is awful, because people are scared to upset over-obsessed fans of certain franchises (either gamespot or IGN got heavily attacked because they gave GTA5 the horrible score... of 9.5/10!) This also means that they're going to be bias towards certain franchises and against others. An example of this is probably Skyrim. Now; Skyrim is a great game and deserves good reviews; but I'm sorry, at launch it did not deserve 9.5/10 - no bethesda game does, because of the guaranteed continual glitches. The answer is to actually read what reviews say and don't just go "IGN rates that a 9; so it must be good! Gamespot gave this a six though; so it'll be crap!". The fact that you really only have 3 or 4 numbers that mean anything doesn't really help - anything below seven is probably not worth your time, apart from you can't say that because more than a few actually really good games were given really bad reviews by mainstream sites because reasons.

To use a very old example; Gamespot rated Ultima IX 6.4 back in 1999; yet Ultima IX is no joke the worst game ever and a completely insulting end to the best RPG series ever made!

tl;dr: If you're not sure about a game; wait until steam sell it for ?5.00 a year after release; and then buy it and if you don't like it; its only cost you a fiver, and not a bajillion quid!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think on page #566 it might be OK to be off topic... especially when answering a question and announcing that it's off topic :)

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
God Ross you're up so so early, can't sleep and starting the road to release or something. PS Off topic, no footy on in Melbourne now.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
So let's get this question out of the way;

Still planning to release the replay video today Ross?

Hughesy_33

School Cricketer
God Ross you're up so so early, can't sleep and starting the road to release or something. PS Off topic, no footy on in Melbourne now.

No more footy games but it's still all in the news with trade period. No more Rugby and cricket season has just started ;)

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
No more footy games but it's still all in the news with trade period. No more Rugby and cricket season has just started ;)

Thank god, back to number one sport around here, I am hoping us cricket nuts get some love tonight from ross(Reply system I mean):D

Fernando Upeka

School Cricketer
Please ross not yet awake.:yes Aren't you going to give the replay system away this morning I mean come on I just woke up early today in case the game replay system video will come out soon:noway

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Please ross not yet awake.:yes Aren't you going to give the replay system away this morning I mean come on I just woke up early today in case the game replay system video will come out soon:noway

Has he ever posted a video in the morning?

Users who are viewing this thread