Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

fade0508

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
How to choose then whether you wanna bowl outswinger, legswinger, offcutter, legcutter or just a slower delivery??

Seam position, length of delivery, speed of delivery and angle of release, perhaps. I think the controls offer all those options + plus things like age of the ball, wicket and shine will factor in.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Sorry If I have understood it poorly but as we are predetermining the lengths but cant we change the length on the batsman actions.?
For eg-I had selected a full ball and I see batsman comingg down the wicket and I want to bowl short now.Can i?
Ofcourse your accuracy will be compromised while changin the length

I can understand why they made it like this. It would be really difficult to control the length if the whole pitch is available to us. The timing for this would need to be very very precise!!

Maybe in future they can add a button for choosing the whole pitch along with the pre-determined length areas!! This would also cater to the risk vs reward approach, as choosing the whole pitch does provide the flexibility of altering the length whenever you wish to, but with the increased difficulty, it would be much more difficult to hit that length perfectly!! This would obviously be used by PROs as it would be pretty difficult to control the lenght, however it would take the difficulty level to a totally different level :D!

What do you think Ross / Mike???? ;)

Last edited:

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Or simulating it!! Something that I did in almost all the previous games!! One of the reasons why I would not be simulating it is because it actually needs as much practice now was batting did in previous games!! You would stand nowhere in online matches if you cant bowl, bat or field in this game!! In all previous games, it was only the batting that you needed to master (that too the timing)....bowling was always too easy to control...however now you actually need to use your head more during bowling as with the variable weather, pitch and ball condition....all your practice and timing can go for a toss pretty soon!

Yep.. totally agree with you. Probably in this game we will need to spend more time practicing bowling than batting! (Can't believe I'm saying this).
In batting, we need to judge the length, movement in the air or off the pitch, timing and placement. These things will remain pretty much same regardless of playing conditions.
But imagine bowling at Lord's in a gloomy morning with the ball hooping around. Suddenly, the sun comes out and all of a sudden those magical out-swingers starting from middle and hitting top of off, are now just ending up as leg-stump dollies!!
This bowling mechanism will take some serious time to master considering all the variables that will affect the final delivery.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Hey Mike...can you please elaborate on the use of the LAS in bowling??? PLEASSEEEEEEEEE!!! Thats the only thing I couldnt comprehend completely :D

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Hey Mike...can you please elaborate on the use of the LAS in bowling??? PLEASSEEEEEEEEE!!! Thats the only thing I couldnt comprehend completely :D

Gotta leave some surprises! But las is all about seam position.

There are a lot of other factors that will decide what that seam position will make the ball do.

yusuf_m

School Cricketer
Sounds good!

But... Can you accidentally bowl a half volley when you select good length?

This is one of the most common bowling errors and should be a focus of how the game penalises you for mistiming.

Do the short/good/full areas overlap?

angad

Chairman of Consent
Gotta leave some surprises! But las is all about seam position.

There are a lot of other factors that will decide what that seam position will make the ball do.

Sounds great Mike!!! You guys have really done a great job!! That too in your first cricket game.....!! You guys actually have given us 1000 times more than what we had ever asked for in a cricket game!! Its true!!!

----------

Sounds good!

This is one of the most common bowling errors and should be a focus of how the game penalises you for mistiming.

Good question!!
I would assume they would overlap but mainly with respect to the Good length!! I dont think you can choose a full length and end up bowling a perfect good length delivery....however choosing good length delivery, you may end up bowling a half volley or a shortish delivery which can be hit easily! Its just my assumption though seeing how much attention to detail BigAnt has put in each and everything they implemented!

FNK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Sounds great Mike!!! You guys have really done a great job!! That too in your first cricket game.....!! You guys actually have given us 1000 times more than what we had ever asked for in a cricket game!! Its true!!!

Totally agree. Guys we have to make this a profit business for Ross/BigAnt. Dont fail the sales, spread the word as much as possible. We got to beat COD series... well thats too much i guess.. but it should sell a million copies... right?

OmairB

Club Captain
Totally agree. Guys we have to make this a profit business for Ross/BigAnt. Dont fail the sales, spread the word as much as possible. We got to beat COD series... well thats too much i guess.. but it should sell a million copies... right?

Don't worry...the game will be a success.

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Sounds good!

Yes there is overlap.

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross or Mike, can you tell us whether we will be able to change the length during the run-up till the ball is bowled?
Say we have selected a full-length delivery but during running in the batsman has started to advance. So can we now pull the length back so that we can bowl a bouncer?

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Ross or Mike, can you tell us whether we will be able to change the length during the run-up till the ball is bowled?
Say we have selected a full-length delivery but during running in the batsman has started to advance. So can we now pull the length back so that we can bowl a bouncer?

You've got all the way to the ras input to change your mind. But the later you do it the more it effects your delivery. To be honest some of that is just natural, we don't need to do anything game wise to effect it. The later you wait the more it just changes what you do to actually deliver the ball. It just works.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The controls for the bowling is just AWESOME,
Will it be the same for PS3 controller as well??

And Which is LAS and RAS??:cheers:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Questions:
1.)How to ball a slower delivery? [Other deliveries are bowled based on seam but slower ball you need to turn the wrists]
2.)Can we bowl a backhand delivery?
3.)How is the line determined?

Last edited:

rdk26

School Cricketer
Will the batsman be able to know atleast any one of bowler's decisions before the ball is delivered?? i.e what length, swing etc..

Users who are viewing this thread