Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Definitely agree with Smithy, very good commentator. My trinity would be Benaud, Holding, Atherton with Smithy, Barry Richards, Nasser, Gower, Taylor, Bumble and Sidhu on rotation

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Danny Morrison does my head in! I like Ian Smith though! Bumble is great, as is Holding. Also agree that Benaud, Lawry and Greig, but one of my all time favourites is Tony Cozier.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Definitely agree with Smithy, very good commentator. My trinity would be Benaud, Holding, Atherton with Smithy, Barry Richards, Nasser, Gower, Taylor, Bumble and Sidhu on rotation

Fishfingers! I'd download that podcast...

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Let it go man. Let it go.

Definitely agree with Smithy, very good commentator. My trinity would be Benaud, Holding, Atherton with Smithy, Barry Richards, Nasser, Gower, Bumble and Sidhu on rotation
I'd have Trescothick and (shoot me) Willis in the studio. Willis is much better on the Verdict than as a commentator.

My ideal main three would be Hussain, Shastri Benaud and Holding as third man or the extra commentator.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Definitely agree with Willis as a better verdict man than commentator, he's a bit droll on commentary but his always honest and direct on the verdict, if I had to pick an all time commentary team I'd have to go with Brian Johnson Richie Benaud and Tony Cozier, with Smith, Gavaskar, Barrie Richards/Robin Jackman, Lawry, Grieg, Holding and Bumble on for shits and giggles!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yes, Cozier, and Gavaskar are very good, and agree regarding Willis for analysis, also Mark Butcher is pretty good at that I find.

As long as Strauss is kept away from the mic I'm generally happy.

Ramiz Raja can be good too.

tormyb

School Cricketer
As long as Strauss is kept away from the mic I'm generally happy.

I actually think that Strauss is improving rapidly. To begin with he was a hole where charisma should be, but during the ashes over the winter I thought he got a lot better. My ideal three from that series was Atherton, Strauss, and Warne (who is good as long as he's not alongside Botham).

Atherton has surpassed Holding as my favourite right now. When you first notice how often Holding states the blindingly obvious, it becomes quite hard to unnotice it.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Why no mention whatsoever on Ravi Shastri? He's very good IMO... :yes
I mentioned him in jest. Does that count?

Meanwhile, does anyone want to pass the time in the Asia Cup with a bit of Shastri bingo?

Attachments

• ravi-shastri-bingo-alternative-cricket1.jpg
    ravi-shastri-bingo-alternative-cricket1.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 62

grkrama

National Board President
i would add a few more
"This is just what the doctor ordered"
"He gives him the full monty"
"get the feeling this could go down to the wire"
"In the end, Cricket was the winner"
that guy is awesome everytime he commentates :p

but of the new guys i like Rahul and saurav they both seem pretty good and dont talk a lot of nonsense.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
i dont like asia cup...i want asia XI vs world XI on a neutral venue....hope it might be possible
All the World XI matches have been awful - there are no consequences for winning or losing. No player is going to put their best into winning for the Rest of the World.

It's a nice discussion point to select XIs of the best players of a given year - but it's pointless trying to actually assemble those teams and play matches.

When they are for charity they work okay - because everyone's already just there for the fun of it and the draw of the famous players helps fund-raising, but as cricket matches they aren't very good.

Also - it's literally impossible for a World XI to play at a neutral venue.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I assume the UK leg of the world tour is complete. Any idea where I can read about it (if it is being covered)?

Users who are viewing this thread