Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
i have been playing this game for about 1 month but i have still trouble judging the line of the ball especially the ball pitched on the off stump and outside off stump , i can easily judge the line and length of balls pitched on middle and leg and can score runs easily in leg side but when in the match bowler bowls outside off stump i tend to completely miss it and always play the in the leg side and miss the ball . can some one help me with this

Why are you posting the same thing in 2 different threads with 2 different profiles?

Uncle00Jesse

School Cricketer
Apologies if this has been brought up in the past, but has anyone experienced what I call the "idiot wide ball glitch"? Where it's a perfectly legitimate bowl either inside or off stump, but you make a boneheaded predetermined foot placement and swing in the complete opposite direction of the ball, miss wildly, but the umpire calls a wide? Sorry if I'm not explaining this well but it happens a lot as I'm a terrible battsman. It's clearly not a wide ball, but because I basically jump to the side of the ball and whiff, it calls it wide anyway. Playing on PS4 btw

Westindies

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is anyone playing in legend mode? i am playing in legend mode and i am batting superbly in that, some amazing matches so far.

fiction

County Cricketer
ha ha thankfully not... but actually i was pleased to at least have someone there and took the catch. My keeper dropped two edges (i definitely moved the right stick up so not sure why) and i also moved a leg slip out (i was bowling bodyline) and an over later had a sort of bat pad edge go right to leg slip...

gonna put it in the Match thread later but I was playing as the England Rebels 1990 vs England Rebels 1982 and Gooch and Boycott and an opening stand of 350 in over 60 overs... I was absolutely desperate and went bodyline (custom format with no bouncer or fielder restrictions) and it worked after a fashion... got them to 431/3 by the time the 90 over innings limit was reached!

if the injuries we were told were in there were really in there i might have at least got a couple of retired hurts because i got some juicy hits in.

@fiction, you're online now can you tell us - are injuries really in the game but the configuration is wrong and they're too rare (i.e. something a patch might be able to address) or are they not in there (and so we''l have to wait for a later iteration).
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, Blocker - was really busy the whole weekend. Injuries are too rare as they are a combination of low stamina and getting hit a certain number of times.

roop

School Cricketer
hello to Big Ant and big thanks for making such a beautyfull game best game ever play for long hours very addicted.
have some suggestion for patch 3 if can add then it will be awesome
1. Please add more camera angles like custom cameras
2. if we can get a option to add crowd chants and more noise when playing against big rivals or intense matches.
3. Custom music when a boundary is scored or after every over is completed.
4. i know this one is not important but get red lights on the stumps i mean they lit when stumps got hit like in real matches.
once again thanks for such a awesome game

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Injuries are too rare as they are a combination of low stamina and getting hit a certain number of times.

IMO, that's a bit ridiculous. If you get hit in a real game once, it's always pretty serious. I agree, actually injuring someone in a game of cricket isn't the intent, but if you're going to put that feature in there, shouldn't it be realistic? I have a team full of players that I've set to not wear helmets, for comedy reasons and as far as I can tell, there's zero benefit to wearing one anyway. They've all got sconned on the head multiple times by @MattW in online games, nothing has happened.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
IMO, that's a bit ridiculous. If you get hit in a real game once, it's always pretty serious. I agree, actually injuring someone in a game of cricket isn't the intent, but if you're going to put that feature in there, shouldn't it be realistic? I have a team full of players that I've set to not wear helmets, for comedy reasons and as far as I can tell, there's zero benefit to wearing one anyway. They've all got sconned on the head multiple times by @MattW in online games, nothing has happened.
There's several factors you have to look at when it comes to where injuries need to or should be at.

One, is that we've only got 1 extra player to exchange with any potentially injured player on the field. This leaves the rate of injuries needing to be very low as is, otherwise you're just injuring every player and they're staying out to bat or bowl and it just makes little sense as they are actually 'injured' at that point.

Two, is that while in real life if you're hitting someone you can do damage, the ability to do so is much harder than it can be in a game where you can learn where to bowl to get similar results and end up exploiting a system like that.

The third factor is that injuries aren't a huge facet of cricket as is, retiring hurt rarely happens and if there are injuries during the game it's often done away from the limelight.

Injuries probably could happen a little more than they do now, but I don't think it'd be great to see an injury per game if people starting to find the necessary systems that require an injury to happen either. Considering the overall impact on a game that injuries would or could incur during a match I don't see this as a high priority issue.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I don't disagree with any of that, @HBK619 actually I don't think it even needs to be included in the game at all, but there should be a penalty for facing up to @MattW without a helmet time and time again...

I've been hit clean in the face numerous times to no discernible effect.

Bit like the cartwheeling stumps for mine, never saw it, then it was boosted up to 200% then pulled back a little to being perfect now.

Matt has a green haired spin bowler I wouldnt mind seeing a clip of getting sconned...

grkrama

National Board President
There's several factors you have to look at when it comes to where injuries need to or should be at.

One, is that we've only got 1 extra player to exchange with any potentially injured player on the field. This leaves the rate of injuries needing to be very low as is, otherwise you're just injuring every player and they're staying out to bat or bowl and it just makes little sense as they are actually 'injured' at that point.

Two, is that while in real life if you're hitting someone you can do damage, the ability to do so is much harder than it can be in a game where you can learn where to bowl to get similar results and end up exploiting a system like that.

The third factor is that injuries aren't a huge facet of cricket as is, retiring hurt rarely happens and if there are injuries during the game it's often done away from the limelight.

Injuries probably could happen a little more than they do now, but I don't think it'd be great to see an injury per game if people starting to find the necessary systems that require an injury to happen either. Considering the overall impact on a game that injuries would or could incur during a match I don't see this as a high priority issue.

Its not necessary for all injuries to be retire hurt... you know shrug it off and carry on more as that's what happens the most in real cricket, rather than calling them injury animation which makes it sound bad what i think most of us are inquiring is some sort of reaction on getting hit instead of standing like hercules.

i dont mind the game as it is, but if you guys have put in effort to make all those animations and systems, it would be cool to make them more visible and part of gameplay and add more flavor just like that in game scorecard or stumps cartwheel.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Totally agree. If there's animations that are built in, then let's see them, if anything it just adds to gameplay variety.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Nobody is asking to see an injury per game; but we are asking to see a reaction to hitting a player with a bouncer.

Also, a moment like this is very rare
a6yIv10.jpg

but it should 100% produce some sort of reaction/injury...

you should also be seeing the batsman's confidence reduced for a period of time after being hit.[DOUBLEPOST=1427699176][/DOUBLEPOST]
How about just a short clip showing it happening in the game? Just so we know how it plays out.

100%. Has anyone at Big Ant been able to produce an injury?

Users who are viewing this thread