Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone on here would be able to help me out, on career mode ive noticed that international series are all played at the same ground. ie. 5 tests against england are all played at the MCG. Also for some reason whenever I play against a country the series are always in the same place. ie everytime I play NZ it's in NZ. Was just wandering if this is normal or if I need to update etc.

Unfortunately it's just s limitation of the pretty basic career mode.

tassietiger420

Club Captain
Unfortunately it's just s limitation of the pretty basic career mode.

It's also a bit annoying that most of the games I play for my English county team end up being played at Australian grounds. I was looking forward to enjoying the small grounds in the English T20 and instead end up playing most of them at Melbourne. Not a major gripe but just one of those little things that take away from the experience a bit.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's also a bit annoying that most of the games I play for my English county team end up being played at Australian grounds. I was looking forward to enjoying the small grounds in the English T20 and instead end up playing most of them at Melbourne. Not a major gripe but just one of those little things that take away from the experience a bit.

Well that isn't the game's fault, it's yours for not checking the teams you downloaded were set up properly

tassietiger420

Club Captain
Well that isn't the game's fault, it's yours for not checking the teams you downloaded were set up properly

I'm not sure if it is because when I play with the English sides in casual games their home grounds are right but in career the grounds almost seem random. I play some in England, some in Australia and even the odd one in South Africa. Everything seems right in the Academy anyway.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The career will only use the teams as they were set up when you started your career. If you've changed teams or home grounds to the teams since, then they will be fine in casual but not in career. The way to check would be to start a new career and see where the matches are played.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The curse of the premature career save using get best strikes again...

*wolf howl*

tassietiger420

Club Captain
The curse of the premature career save using get best strikes again...

*wolf howl*

Cheers for your help as usual Biggs but actually I've started many new careers since updating all my team lists and I didn't use get best at all. I downloaded all the teams manually. The grounds I play at seem to make no sense at all sometimes. Maybe it is because my player is an Australian but plays in the English league? That doesn't make any sense either though because it's been like this for all my careers. It's not a big deal but I have tried to fix it and it still seems to happen. Mostly it's English games getting played at Melbourne although occasionally It's other grounds too.

crickfans2495

School Cricketer
I cant play a single ball on rookie level in career. Earlier I could smash a 50-60 runs but after that the right stick does not work just while batting. I am able to field properly. plz help me

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cheers for your help as usual Biggs but actually I've started many new careers since updating all my team lists and I didn't use get best at all. I downloaded all the teams manually. The grounds I play at seem to make no sense at all sometimes. Maybe it is because my player is an Australian but plays in the English league? That doesn't make any sense either though because it's been like this for all my careers. It's not a big deal but I have tried to fix it and it still seems to happen. Mostly it's English games getting played at Melbourne although occasionally It's other grounds too.

No, it's 100% because the teams you're using were not set up correctly when you started the career. It's not a question of downloading get best or not get best, it's s question of understanding the concept of community created content & the requirement for you to check stuff rather than take the accuracy on trust.

Most English teams set up correctly play at the 2 English stadiums, with a few set up for Bradman Oval to replicate the smaller grounds. (It's ironic that the "smaller county grounds" you want to play on don't actually exist.)

People must get their head around what the academy is, and what it isn't. I really hope the next iteration doesn't prompt you to download, and beats you over the head with an accuracy warning.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Yeah, I just assumed he "get bested" because logic would assume that anyone who bothered to "download teams manually" would also take the requisite time to check they were also set up correctly. ....otherwise you may as well have 'get bested' hence my dry witted comment.

Serious thread is serious.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's actually partly Big Ant's fault in that we could create teams before we could set up grounds, and all they did was default everything to Melbourne.

There should have been a clever data fix where any Custom Team with Melbourne as the ground, Linked to an On Disc Team where the Melbourne isn't the ground, shouldn't have overwritten the ground during linking.

If the push out a phased academy roll out next time, where different features are opened up over time, they desperately need to make sure they do this for all features: this is the exact reason so many players have default big ant, multicoloured handle bats - the players were created before bats were opened up, and then all defaulted instead of randomised.

BUT that still doesn't stop people from having a responsibility to check the accuracy of custom content they download.

Henrico02

School Cricketer
Oh how i wish EA sports will create a cricket game one day..! 6 goddamn golden ducks in a row in my career,, in real life batting is so much easier

tassietiger420

Club Captain
No, it's 100% because the teams you're using were not set up correctly when you started the career. It's not a question of downloading get best or not get best, it's s question of understanding the concept of community created content & the requirement for you to check stuff rather than take the accuracy on trust.

Most English teams set up correctly play at the 2 English stadiums, with a few set up for Bradman Oval to replicate the smaller grounds. (It's ironic that the "smaller county grounds" you want to play on don't actually exist.)

People must get their head around what the academy is, and what it isn't. I really hope the next iteration doesn't prompt you to download, and beats you over the head with an accuracy warning.

I appreciate what you're saying but I should have made myself more clear. I am well aware of how the academy works and I actually used your thread to download the teams and checked them and made a few changes myself. The home grounds are all correct in the academy and I haven't changed or altered it since well before I started my current careers. They work fine in casual matches but on occasion in career it will play a P40 or English T20 game at other grounds, Melbourne usually although I have seen other grounds as well.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I appreciate what you're saying but I should have made myself more clear. I am well aware of how the academy works and I actually used your thread to download the teams and checked them and made a few changes myself. The home grounds are all correct in the academy and I haven't changed or altered it since well before I started my current careers. They work fine in casual matches but on occasion in career it will play a P40 or English T20 game at other grounds, Melbourne usually although I have seen other grounds as well.

Ok. I've not had that issue myself which is why I assumed it was team set up. In my case I've only ever played at English grounds or Bradman, except for a couple of counties which were set up as Melbourne to a)give variety and b)replicate a test ground by being bigger than the others

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Oh how i wish EA sports will create a cricket game one day..! 6 goddamn golden ducks in a row in my career,, in real life batting is so much easier
dnt git mad git gud.

6 golden ducks in a row? Well Stop trying to smash every delivery for six and actually try building an innings once in a while and how on earth is your batting going to improve just because a game were to be made by EA?

Users who are viewing this thread