Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that comment lacked was the sound of a door slamming shut at the end!!

:D Thats just my initial reaction to waking up and reading this. I'll calm down and realise it wont be long in coming in, i've waited this long im not giving up now.:p

Look forward to playing you guys online in March. ;) :D

There's shitloads of awesome games on Steam to play in the meantime... I have over 100 games in my library without even trying, I'm never stuck for something to play.

We've waited how many years for a decent cricket game? A few more months is fine by me.

this is not at all expected, u made us buy controller for PC and now u are making us to buy Consoles :clap :rolleyes :facepalm

Last edited:
If you knew what you were talking about, you would know a PC delay was always on the cards.

Good.

Sod off

Now THAT is uncalled for. tsk tsk :noway

As you can see (ie. read), there's a lot of disappointment from PC fans re the 2 month delay. Thats what these forums are for ie. to voice your opinion (+ve or -ve as the case may be).

Thats potentially $40 walking away. $40 you say? yes or whatever this game is going to cost. Sure, he'll probably get DB14...when its been reduced to $2.99 in the Steam summer sale, which happens very regularly. BA then loses out on valuable $$.

*edit*
lol...have a read of the comments on the FB post by BA. It'll blow over eventually, but thats not the kind of start you want is it?

anyway, what do I know.

Yeh and my opinion is anyone saying 'thanks for nothing' is an absolute tosser

ross can u explain what is reengineering the game for PC? and the may release for PC is confirmed or just a tentative one?

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know a PC delay was always on the cards.

Sorry, but no.. I don't buy that. No hint was ever given that this would be the case. Had I known in December that pre-ordering the game would take upwards of 6 months to get it.. I know I for one would of held off. You can't blame me for not exactly jumping up and down in happiness.

My previous experience showed that PC and console versions release at the same time, despite what Biggs says (give me some examples, I can give you two that say otherwise). I'm giving Big Ant and Tru Blu the benefit of the doubt that the reason for PC release being up to 2 months after consoles is purely to have the game set up for Steam release and integration with Steam Cloud, etc and not making PC users forced to buy the game twice to be able to play it on time as everyone else AND then play it on the quality we'd always hope.

----------

ross can u explain what is reengineering the game for PC? and the may release for PC is confirmed or just a tentative one?

As the PC version was originally intended to be sold only on disk and using the BA servers for multiplayer searching and stats tracking, some significant changes have to be made to allow the game to run on the Steam platform with Steam Cloud (hopefully) integration and have the multiplayer run through their service.

That reminds me.. I ALWAYS have issues playing multiplayer on steam.. the only two games I've tried is Rust and PayDay2, both I fail to connect 95% of the time.

I somewhat hope that the 'integration' time takes less than expected and we get the game earlier than they say.. but no.. not holding my breath.

You didn't need a hint. PC games being staggered isn't a new phenomenon, especially with this publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread