Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
hmmm "stretching credibility" and terms like that are insinuating that I am lying, and that's just going back one page, there's plenty more.

But, hey, whatever dude.... CBF.

I think my post history shows I am not afraid of controversy and I have never been a diplomat, so I thought you were lying I'd say so straight.

The credibility stretcher is the idea that retailers would be happy selling AC13 now... Given as a cricket title, and current gen, it's hardly going to be a blockbuster, knowing that every sale is gonna result in an unhappy customer and plenty of hassle.

I can believe quite easily them pushing you on price, for various reasons, and you resisting.

No idea I may have, but i don't see the presence of next gen making selling a current gen at full price any easier post christmas. May be wrong, the lag may be slower.

when we had the contretemps a few weeks back - that, remember was specifically about DBC releasing in December and whether that might a 2014 release if Ashes came out first - you stated that there were many factors and we'd barely touched 10% of it. I am assuming the retailers weren't the other 90% so I think it's a bit off to be attacked for saying "there's more to this".

----------

Don't know about you guys, but I'm more looking forward to the game than the release date

Now this I am in board with.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Ross has said something to this effect before - when we have our hands on the game, we won't be sitting there thinking 'wow, this game had such a bad/good release date'.

The speculation, flagellation and just general 'confusion' about the release date and/or strategy is wearing thin, if not worn thin already.

Ross is open and upfront about what he can be open and upfront about.

The sooner people can get on board with this...

The release will be at the time that is most advantageous to the profitability and sustainability of the franchise which is in the best interests of everyone

...the sooner we can get back to discussing the actual game which we are all seemingly interested in.

A few pages back, Ross said it was coming soon regardless. Now lets move on, and get back to discussing batsmen tapping their bat while the bowler is running in.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No. I think your first para describes me more than anyone, you say "stretching credibility", "can't understand", these are all contextual for not telling the truth and I'll straight up call you on it.

I will never understand why people feel the need to say the same thing again and again... if I don't agree with you then restating it again with force will not make it change.

I disagree with your assertions on the effect of Ashes in the market. Clearly so does the video game world as it is the most lampooned game and most widely covered cricket game in history despite being only on the store a few days. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

king_of_slaves_

School Cricketer
A real dilemma for me whether to wait for this game, or just upgrade to a next gen console now.

I guess I'm not the only one in saying that if this game is released in 2014, a lot of potential console customers will have moved on to the PS4/Xbox One.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That's why games never have release dates...errrr...right.

Nope, it's no good, I don't have a clue what you're talking about!

Things the way they are it would be easier for Ross to not bother coming on here until whenever the announcement is to be made, as far as I know he doesn't have to contractually, and as this forum makes up a 10th of the sales(approximately), I reckon we should be a little bit more courteous. He could get some faceless student to do this but gives up his own time, during the development of DB14 there was some great ideas etc suggested by guys in here and also with the academy, but now the game is done, so now he could( and I probably would have) say b??||?<#$ to the lot of you. One thing I've learnt from this forum is you don't need to speak to your customers or for that matter even bother to make a decent game to have people buy your product. Ive had to apologise before because I'd lost perspective. It's not cool or clever to barrack someone who's obviously tryin to get the same thing we want.

Bottom line is:

He doesn't have to come on here but he does!!

Think about it!!

srk121

International Coach
A real dilemma for me whether to wait for this game, or just upgrade to a next gen console now.

I guess I'm not the only one in saying that if this game is released in 2014, a lot of potential console customers will have moved on to the PS4/Xbox One.

Upgrade - DBC14 will be on next gen too...... you can purchase it then.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

Ross could release the game for the xbox one and ps4 at the same time if not released this year.

PS Like Snowy said, we don't know what is happening and only Ross knows for sure and he will tell us when he is good and ready.

PS Mike fegan you are a ass so go and buy some more KFC you fat B.:mad

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Blocker please just take a chill pill and just leave Ross alone, we always thought 2014 was a option so I am not surprised by this at all.

rhyno

School Cricketer
Wow, this thread is crazy. This has been like a study on the human condition.
@Ross. Thanks for bearing with us.

king_of_slaves_

School Cricketer
Ross could release the game for the xbox one and ps4 at the same time if not released this year.

PS Like Snowy said, we don't know what is happening and only Ross knows for sure and he will tell us when he is good and ready.

PS Mike fegan you are a ass so go and buy some more KFC you fat B.:mad

How anyone can get away with releasing such a horrible game (cricket or not, doesn't matter) is beyond me.

That game would be unacceptable in the early 2000's, let alone in 2013.

I will admit that I had a proper laugh for at least a good hour or so after going through the AC 2013 bugs/glitches videos on Youtube last night.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Same situation dude

Do both mate. A game in aus is like $100 at the most these days, consoles are like $600 dollars so if I was you put a $100 away for DBC14, god hide the money and only take it out when it's needed simple as that.:yes

I have not preordered DBC14 and I will not till there is a release date, as for the new consoles I will wait till there is more new games before I go there.

PS In the end I will support what never Ross decides as simple as that, sure I think Blocker and other have points but Ross/Bigant know what they are doing and let's face this fact before anything else.

When Ross decided to make a cricket game he never thought he would have to deal with a crap team like Trickstar and there evil sith lord Darth KFC Fegan.:p

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, lucky to be 0.01%, that's why people bugger off when the going gets tough, at the end of the day we strutt about here full of sound and fury but it signifies nothing (out out brief candle :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread