Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You didn't need to say almost the exact same thing in two threads. Also, the T20 world cup is biggest in the sub-continent, where this game will sell least.

Sorry, what is it about this stereotyping of the subcontinent only caring for the shorter formats. There is enough interest in India even for the Ashes whereas I don`t think anyone cares about any Indian or Asian cricket (neutral) in England or NZ or Australia. We saw the crowds for Kallis` last test and compare it to what it was in India for the WI series. Seriously, its become a stereotype.

Yes, we do not have a marquee series on par with the Ashes but we still do care about all forms of cricket. The crowds during the Australia tests (most of the days in Chennai, Hyderabad and Delhi) and England series (in Mumbai and Kolkata) are ample testimony to the fact that Indians care about their test cricket. Its just that the IPL has played into the stereotyping hands.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Sorry, what is it about this stereotyping of the subcontinent only caring for the shorter formats. There is enough interest in India even for the Ashes whereas I don`t think anyone cares about any Indian or Asian cricket (neutral) in England or NZ or Australia. We saw the crowds for Kallis` last test and compare it to what it was in India for the WI series. Seriously, its become a stereotype.
I didn't mean Indians only care about the short form. I meant that the short form was biggest there, i.e. where there are the biggest crowds and interest. I am aware there is huge interest in tests in India.

ciki

School Cricketer
T20 is bigger & better than everything...........
I'm taking back my statement.
I was just asking that between this time Would it be profitable to launch the game?

Gentoras

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
the crowds for Kallis` last test and compare it to what it was in India for the WI series.

If you care to know, that test series was boycotted by the cricket fans in S.A for what the BCCI has done,,,we all know that's not a true reflection of a S.A crowd, watch the Aus tour and you'll know how we fill the grounds, be it shorter or longer version of the game

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Purely as an outsider looking in; I'd rather watch an Ashes series any day of the week than any IPL match, ever. IPL is the Domino's Pizza of the cricket world. The minute you take a bite you wish you'd cooked anything else...

Reinert

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
You didn't need to say almost the exact same thing in two threads. Also, the T20 world cup is biggest in the sub-continent, where this game will sell least.

I agree with Chinaman. The game is probbably already big in Australia and will sell in the world cup times if it is already on the shelf? I think the best time to release is the Aus vs SA series - but that's just my opinion

grkrama

National Board President
Shortest form has more fans in all countries ratio wise with respect test.
Its just subcontinent is more populated than other countries. hence the misconception, if thats the case
Subcontinent is the biggest supporter of tests also ODi ,whatever form of cricket is played subcontinent is the most supportive:thumbs

The truth is test cricket and odi are in a slow decline due to increasing lack of time among consumers.Its time authorities should try to monitize them through other means ,you can no longer expect full crowds day long, people life style has changed since cricket was created.
any suggestions?

LEFF

Club Captain
i dont know about 'in decline'... that past ashes series just had record breaking crowds and viewers in Australia.

Test cricket is the foundatoin of cricket!!!

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Test matches last for up to five days, generally start on a Thursday but definitely occur during the working week, a lot of people cannot afford to take time off work to watch test matches but still as I've said before, test matches in UK are sold out for the first four days, the reason 20-20 is attractive for spectatators is you don't have to take time off work and its over quickly. I can see its good for bringing youngsters into it, is fun for them and they're less like to start whingeing about boredom as its only a couple of hours, and yes it generates good revenue for the first class sides who desperately need finances due to the four day games low attendances, but I don't agree 20-20 is bigger than test cricket, for fans or players, with the exception if chris gayle any player IMO who says otherwise isn't good enough to play test cricket anyway. Test cricket is the pinnacle of the sport, IPL, BB etc are just money spinning over hyped razzmatazz. I don't care for it at all.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
any suggestions?
Day/Night tests - they are inevitable, television audiences will be what sustains cricket long term over trying to keep crowd numbers high and they are in DBC14, which means they will catch on.

Hopefully DBC's option to return an 'umpires call' DRS decision to the team catches on as well.

aditya123

National Board President
Purely as an outsider looking in; I'd rather watch an Ashes series any day of the week than any IPL match, ever. IPL is the Domino's Pizza of the cricket world. The minute you take a bite you wish you'd cooked anything else...

I`m not a big IPL and T20 fan either and thats the reason it irritates me when people generalize about Indians caring only about T20.

----------

If you care to know, that test series was boycotted by the cricket fans in S.A for what the BCCI has done,,,we all know that's not a true reflection of a S.A crowd, watch the Aus tour and you'll know how we fill the grounds, be it shorter or longer version of the game

If thats the case, its really not the right farewell for a legend like Kallis. As a supporter I would`nt care about what the BCCI did before the tour, I`d just go out there to watch a legend in action one last time.

Also, i`ve watched all international cricket for close to 20 years now and I don`t think SA test crowds are any bigger than those in India. If anything we get far bigger test match crowds than SA and if you consider the size of our grounds, as big as England. Cape Town is the only venue which regularly has full houses for test cricket. Jo`burg has pretty poor attendances and so does Durban.

On another note, lets get back on topic. Ross would release it when it seems most suited. If that means releasing it close to the 50-over world cup in Aus/NZ, so be it.

supasachin

Club Captain
Here is a fact:there's only 18 days left in January.
You're welcome to interpret the msg anyway you'd like :)

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Day/Night tests - they are inevitable, television audiences will be what sustains cricket long term over trying to keep crowd numbers high and they are in DBC14, which means they will catch on.

Hopefully DBC's option to return an 'umpires call' DRS decision to the team catches on as well.

I reckon it wouldn't hurt to try that, but in the UK especially in early may/late sept in can be bloody cold at times!! Also if you're goin to start play at say 5pm its not goin to finish til after midnight. I agree that for tv it would get bigger audience as people will be home from work, but it definitely wouldn't make any difference to crowds over here, Our grounds are full as it is, would it work in other countries better if there were day/night tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread