Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, I got up this morning and it has jumped over 30 pages of comments!!!

So looks like we have a release date (sortof). As I've said before, the release is being handled very poorly. I understand it is a small dev shop but essentially it is a business like any other company about to get client money. They should have proper planning. Looking at history -

- it was ready in 2013
- it was definitely going to release in 2013
- then we got to know it would release in 2014 (narrowed to year timeframe)
- now we know it will release in 2014 Mar (console) and May (PC) (narrowed to month timeframe).
- maybe the next announcement will narrow it to the specific week in the month
- followed by specific day within the week?

It is also not going to get the sales of companies like From/Atlus who're making Dark Souls 2 simultaneous on console + PC, staggered release but only by about 3 weeks.
The game should release on PC earlier because with Steam you never know - it could be delayed further pushing it past May as well. I like Steam and have over 150 games on Steam so that is good news to me now. I just download the game here in the US instead of shipping/wating etc. That's the silver lining in this whole announcement.

I would've expected this game to also have that. Release on console March, PC March itself (or latest April). Still, May isn't too bad but they should've known and locked it down by now that it would be on Steam. A decision that is being taken late, when it should've been done at inception. It's not like piracy issue cropped up only now.

The game certainly looks great in videos and has lots of features. The semi-beta Nets mode is very good as well so I am not complaining about the game just yet. I'll reserve that after I play it and have a proper review.

The release date is still technically unknown and this whole release date isn't being handled well. They need to learn from this. I don't think this will cause any lost sales because there's no alternatives, no choice and generally people support the dev team here.

Anyways, good at least there's some progress but not the news I had in mind. Good luck to the dev team.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Not another one that's going to make the PC wait for the release! Oh well, at least we have a date now.

Having said that

In order to reach as many people as possible the PC version shall be reengineered to run on Steam

does this mean the PC version will not be a straight console port? If not, then I don't understand the delay.

And agreed with all the demands about a demo - the nets are great, but they tell us nothing about how the game will work out there in the middle, and nothing about bowling or fielding both human controlled and AI.

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
does this mean the PC version will not be a straight console port? If not, then I don't understand the delay.

And agreed with all the demands about a demo - the nets are great, but they tell us nothing about how the game will work out there in the middle, and nothing about bowling or fielding both human controlled and AI.
The game is not a console port as evident from CA nets.
Since Gamepad is mandatory no chance of keyboard mouse control issue of ports.
The graphic options in CA or more than satisfactory for a PC game proving its not some cheap console port.
Demo is mandatory , give us a demo
A demo is by no means mandatory.

Stop petitioning. You're embarrassing yourself.

Actually since so many people are wanting a Demo atleast match practice.
Can Ross reconsider this especially for PC gamers.
I know ross has said about costs involved.
How about releasing it as early access demo on steam or through their servers and charge for somewhere around 10-15$ for the demo and provide us with a Coupon or something with which we can redeem it fully or partially on the full game when its released or something like that ,so this way it wont be waste of time and money for ross team and also keep us PC gamers occupied.:cheers

Last edited:

srk121

International Coach
If only there was some way we could do that. And if only it was a free, easy downloadable beta.

Maybe known at Cricket Academy..........:thumbs

Can't understand peeps frustrations here. It is merely a GAME. It might be well worth that PC game might come out Early May so the difference might only be 30 days or so.

I would encourage people here to purchase consoles versions and then trade it with PC version later. I know i will be buying on Xbox and PC, because this game deserves it.

Good going Ross and Co hopefully we will get the concrete release date soon.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Question ross...

What is the rain behind no definite date? Its it an issue of retail sales or is it somethin u simply cant share at the moment?

And how likely is it that this window of release you mentioned will get changed? As in how many things from now until end of march can go wrong? And how likely is it for things to go wrong?

grkrama

National Board President
Hmmm... I'm not sure if I want to pay to be a beta tester again - I did that with Rome 2...
Its a fully functional demo not beta that people are requesting and i mentioned steam early access as a method to release the demo and make money ,as surely we cant expect to get a free demo at this stage.Also this is mostly for people who are going to buy the game and feel left out and they wouldn't mind shelling a few bucks to atleast have full match practice before hand and especially if that cost can be fully or partially waived off the full game when available.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
@srk121
They have said 2 months later. They didn't say May.

@isrararrafi
I was very surprised that no final date was announced as that's what all signs were heading towards. That's said, I'll just assume it's a March 31st release. I don't think Ross can answer many questions about the announcement considering his comments today and the fact I asked a couple of questions like that (and he reads every post) and he didn't answer. Hopefully the full story will come out in the next few weeks, but in the meantime I'll be practicing on DBA, ready to thrash you all in March on Xbox.

NoWhere Man

School Cricketer
wow some of you people are sooking it up big time about the game being a whole 2 months late on PC :facepalm bigant need to make as much cash as they can if we want another game after this. which we obviously all do

Also 2 months is nothing red dead redemption is never coming to pc

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
wow some of you people are sooking it up big time about the game being a whole 2 months late on PC :facepalm bigant need to make as much cash as they can if we want another game after this. which we obviously all do

Also 2 months is nothing red dead redemption is never coming to pc

It always happens with the PC, that's why we're annoyed. Unless the game's going to be significantly better on the PC (graphics especially), then I don't see the reason for the delay. I wonder... if it was the other way round if you wouldn't be one of the guys in the frontline demanding that games come out on all formats at the same time?

Just wondering...

----------

Its a fully functional demo not beta that people are requesting and i mentioned steam early access as a method to release the demo and make money ,as surely we cant expect to get a free demo at this stage.Also this is mostly for people who are going to buy the game and feel left out and they wouldn't mind shelling a few bucks to atleast have full match practice before hand and especially if that cost can be fully or partially waived off the full game when available.

If the purchase goes towards the overall price of the full game, then I'd be in.

vikrantv8

Club Cricketer
We see hope of playing a good cricket game after almost 4 long years.
Its just a matter of few more months now, support the developers so that we see new iterations of cricket games every year, maybe from more than one developer.
I hope all the people here on the forum encourage developers and buy a legit copy of DBC14.
:cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread