Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

I'm wondering if the delay gives me a little time to compose a "PlanetCricket" music track for the game?

Hmmmmmm

I'm wondering if the delay gives me a little time to compose a "PlanetCricket" music track for the game?

Hmmmmmm

I think you might have stumbled upon the actual reason for the delay

I don't drink the Big Ant kool-aid like some on here but just spent an hour or so playing the nets on CA and have to say I'm very impressed. There's a few minor issues but the batting mechanics are so far ahead of every other cricket game ever made. That has to be viewed as a tremendous achievement.

Positivity isn't drinking Kool-aid... Lets just be clear on that.

I don't drink the Big Ant kool-aid like some on here but just spent an hour or so playing the nets on CA and have to say I'm very impressed. There's a few minor issues but the batting mechanics are so far ahead of every other cricket game ever made. That has to be viewed as a tremendous achievement.

which is what most fan boys were trying to say.the game looks GOOD

Played A bit of CA.Seriously hats off for finally making cricket game that actually make sense in terms of batting at least.Graphics are clean,menus are easy to use(not a mess unlike other 'AAA' titles),controls and animations are extremely fluid.
I was pretty eager to see how the game play will turn out after these guy's involvement with game an planetcricket and all those hype, it is clearly on right path :p.Also BA your sound engineer deserves a praise(that sound of ball hitting the bat at ideal timing,He nailed it!).I never thought i would say this but i am actually pretty enjoying this Net practice! :lol

Positivity isn't drinking Kool-aid... Lets just be clear on that.

Maybe not, was just a quick way of saying I was more sceptical than some on here that the game was going to be all people said it would be. I applaud Big Ant for doing away with the old control scheme and trying to emulate the way Sports games like NBA 2k and MLB the show utilise the analog sticks. It works so much better, it's like night and day from the dark old days of EA cricket and Brian Lara/Shane Warne cricket.

Gotta say I'd prefer a behind the umpire view for batting, is that not even an option in the full game? Like the one in the playtest when the AI was on strike.

On legend I think the bowling speeds should be jacked up another 20% (or how fast they seem)

(FAQ would be helpful instead of people asking the same question over and over)

Ross, why have you given me nets to play in but not a black screen, plus how comes I had to go out to buy bread this morning......BA sucks.

Mate, we miss you on here!

Not really.. I'm still hacked off that I'll be playing International Cricket 10 this Christmas thanks to a very strange and prematurely hyped release strategy from Big Ant and their publishers.. It annoys me that during the holidays this won't be out, and it will probably conveniently release when I cannot play it, but such is life..
<SNIP>

I have proven time and time again that the delay has nothing to do with the quality of the game. Involving people in the development journey is not hype - that's all in your head - it's giving back to people have been invested in Cricket games.

"Big Ant Kool-Aid" - bet that sounded KEWL in your head when you typed it...... You can be positive without having to be an a$$ to those around you.

----------

Maybe not, was just a quick way of saying I was more sceptical than some on here that the game was going to be all people said it would be. I applaud Big Ant for doing away with the old control scheme and trying to emulate the way Sports games like NBA 2k and MLB the show utilise the analog sticks. It works so much better, it's like night and day from the dark old days of EA cricket and Brian Lara/Shane Warne cricket.

Now, if you had actually said "I was more sceptical than some ...." rather than what you did say then I wouldn't have had an issue. It was not a "quick" way it was a "sh1t" way.

----------

Really glad people are having fun with it, seeing people enjoying themselves with the nets is a great reward for the guys on the team that has slogged it out on this for many long years.

Last edited:
It needs to be red and bold for people to take it seriously

Mate! Hats Off! I can easily say that it is a excellent game. Worth waiting for me but how the hell you are supposed to make connection with bat and ball in pro mode? lol. All I am trying to do is play a defensive shot. My timing is ideal but no connection. I have been trying for an hour lol. I have tried the bowlers but no luck :noway:facepalm:facepalm

Videos & screenies of nets session look fantastic, but it keeps me sad that I have only PS3 with me!

Absolutely labouring in my attempts to get the controller set up. Anyone got a guide to getting a ps3 controller working?

I have it "just about" working. Blocked 12 in a row, try and play a shot.....bowled :D

Users who are viewing this thread