Don Bradman Cricket in the Press

Chief is currently holder of the post of the year award

It was a narrow winner from "Didn't quite carry" on. Or "Carrom On".

Some easy Sid James chuckles about Hattie Jacques: "She's just come in from Cow Corner". Etc.

I agree about how much more difficult slips and c&bs are compared to outfield catches. The not out to clear edge (unless you appeal) is meant to be a feature not a bug though ;)

Pretty decent review.

I didn't really get their "lack of licensing" complaints: at the touch of a button you can snag all of it for free? Seeing as a review is customer-facing, you'd have thought they would have seen this: it's only the IP holder that is getting bitten by this and I wouldn't have thought it would mattered in a review?

I didn't really get their "lack of licensing" complaints: at the touch of a button you can snag all of it for free? Seeing as a review is customer-facing, you'd have thought they would have seen this: it's only the IP holder that is getting bitten by this and I wouldn't have thought it would mattered in a review?

They did mention updating the latest squads/players at the press of a button and said Konami can learn from Big Ant how to circumvent licensing issues. I think they were not happy with the visuals or how the players looked. Maybe they downloaded poorly created teams.

They did mention updating the latest squads/players at the press of a button and said Konami can learn from Big Ant how to circumvent licensing issues. I think they were not happy with the visuals or how the players looked. Maybe they downloaded poorly created teams.

[HASHTAG]#chunnsterlives[/HASHTAG]

They did *eventually*. But there was a whole paragraph early on about how the likenesses were poor and no licensing, which set a really negative mood. Later on they said how it was all fixed at the touch of a button.

I'm very dubious as to whether Konami would get away with the same trick: I'm sure that EA would unleash all four horseman of the licensing apocalypse on them if they tried the same thing.

They did *eventually*. But there was a whole paragraph early on about how the likenesses were poor and no licensing, which set a really negative mood. Later on they said how it was all fixed at the touch of a button.

I'm very dubious as to whether Konami would get away with the same trick: I'm sure that EA would unleash all four horseman of the licensing apocalypse on them if they tried the same thing.

Konami wouldn't as football is a high profile sport with loads of money riding on licensing unlike cricket. I'm sure if Konami tries a similar mechanism, EA would go after them and force them to shut down the "shared players" server.

Users who are viewing this thread