Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Durham CCC- Go for Glory

------------
ekl4dt.gif
---------------
eklr0l.gif
----------

Durham CCC today announced the signing of their new Coach/Manager Liam Williams. The rest of the backroom staff seem to think it's a good idea to bring a youthful manager to the club. Obviously a new young manager who hasn't managed at this level before will be hungry for success and eager to win trophies. Most of the players were also happy to see a managerial change after Durhams 2004 season. This will be Liam Williams' first real test at this level so it will be interesting to see how he does. When asked what his ambitions were for the first season in charge of Durham he simply answered:''I hope we will be able to get promoted to the top division of the Frizzell County Championship or the totesport League or both if possible. We have a very strong squad here which I think deserves to be playing top division cricket and I'm sure the fans agree''. Last season Durham finished 5th in the totesport League and 9th in Frizzell County Championship Division 2 so there is definitely room for improvement. Anyway the coming season sounds like it's going to be an exciting one.

More news to follow

Last edited:

Liam Williams

Club Cricketer
April 1st 2005

This morning I arrived at the club for the first time and after our first training session I got some first ideas of who to select in the first team for the upcoming season. Then again there are some obvious choices like Englands Stephen Harmison, one of the Worlds best fast bowlers. Another player who will be key to our sucess will be Australias Michael Hussey. I have decided that he will our captain this season because he is sure to be a good influence on team with all his experience and ability. I'm sure that because of this years Ashes series we won't see as much of them as we would like but I'm sure they'll do enough. Now I also feel we have good strength in depth and when a player is on international duty or injured we still have a great player who really wants to make his claim for a first team place.

This evening I got together will the Durham Cricket Board and we talked about this years youth signings. Even though I thought we had a very strong squad I was sure could bring someone in. Unfortunatly the board told me there were insufficient funds available and so we were not in a position to sign any new players. Never mind, i'll just have to work with what i've got.

Bala

International Coach
You need to groom a good quick. Harmison will not be avaialble for the best part of the season. Better reduce the investment for coaching and physio by 10k each for the first year and invest on a new player.

Liam Williams

Club Cricketer
I've already past youth signings. I do have some good back up for when Harmisons on international duty.

Liam Williams

Club Cricketer
April 13th 2005

My first match of the season will be against Leicestershire. They have some good batsmen but our bowling attack is definitely stronger. It should be a great match and it starts soon.

ekmerp.jpg

Starts soon

Last edited:

Liam Williams

Club Cricketer
April 13th 2005
Frizzell County Chamiponship Division 2
Leicester

Leicestershire v Durham

----------
ekmftk.jpg
----------

My Team:
ekmgb8.jpg

I decided to have Hussey batting at four because I felt his wicket was too cruical. So I decided to have Peng and Lewis opening. I went for a lot of allrounders because the pitch looked like a batsmans wicket.

Leicestershire's Line up:
ekmhy1.jpg

Some good averages there, we knew winning the toss would be a big advantage because they were no mugs with the bat.

Weather forcast:
ekmi6f.jpg

The first day looked good for batting and the second not so. But then again, the weather wasn't perfect.

The Pitch:
ekmihy.jpg

A batsmans paradise. Enough said. It would be very difficult to take wickets and this pitch would certainly suit the draw.

Michael and I decided if we won the toss we had to bat and went out into the middle to join Hylton and the umpires.

The result:
ekmiye.jpg

Unfortunatly we lost the toss and had to bowl. With our attack I was still sure we could make somthing out of this and so I gave my first few words of encouragement and they ran into the middle all fired up.

13-1

After Harmison and Davies had been troubling him for a while Stephen came up with this lightning quick inswinger that had Darren Maddy pinned. He only manged 7 singles in his time at the crease.

ekmjpv.jpg

66-2

Darren Robinson had weathered the opening spell of bowling from Harmison and Davies quite well. When I brought Breese on though he got rather bogged down and in the end got out playing a frustrated sweep shot that blooped up in the air and was an easy catch for Coetzer at Mid Wicket.

ekn4nk.jpg

Lunch on Day 1 :

ekn5hi.jpg

I was quite pleased at Lunch. It was a batsmans wicket and it wasn't as if they had walked all over us so we hadn't done badly. Both openers had gone after a good opening spell from Harmison and some testing deliveries from Breese. The other bowlers had come close so I was confident that we could carry on and take some more wickets. They knew they were doing well so they took to field motivated for the second session of the day.

Scorecard:

ekn7lu.jpg

Bowling figures:

ekn7o7.jpg

Watch this space

Bala

International Coach
Try Ashley Noffke. He is a brilliant allrounder in ICC2005. far better than Hamilton.

Liam Williams

Club Cricketer
Noffke and Plunkett will both be in the team soon enough. I will be testing lots of players.

Liam Williams

Club Cricketer
----------

Frizzell update

Leicestershire v Durham

Tea on Day 1:

eq6skk.jpg

So this is the situation at Tea. With some good bowling we have managed to take some wickets but unfortunatly they got quite a few runs too. They were helped by some good batting from Dinesh Mongia and some ok support. All in all I'm quite pleased because were in a good position and if we can get some wickets early in the third session we should be able to get them out for under 300.

eq6uir.jpg

After an impressive short spell of fast bowling from Stephen Harmison the wicket of Aftab Habib fell for just 16 runs. A great delivery that swung late forced the inside edge straight to Benkenstein who took an excellant low catch.

eq6v0l.jpg

After a while the combination of Harmison and Breese came good again when the in-form Mongia edged one off Breese low to Hussey at slip who also did well.

eq6vrp.jpg

After Hamilton had been taking a bit of a beating from the Leicestershire captain a quick change to around the wicket unsettled him and got him bowled.

Scorecard:
eq6seg.jpg

Bowling figures:
eq6xdi.jpg

Watch this space

----------

Users who are viewing this thread