editing icc 2011

romzee666

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Any version of International Cricket Captain gets boring and dull after just 5 years of the game... International or Domestic... especially if you play India... there is no competition later on... somehow you find a genuine spinner who will keep taking wickets regularly and a top order batsmen who is always consistent... thus you need an editor... not to CHEAT... but to make the seven test nations a little stronger... otherwise this game is no fun... they should have added a hard version... but that is not the case... I don't know why no one can find a solution to the part where anyone with a squad that has used the editor gets barred from online play... for eg.. the editor should leave a trail or a virus of a sort... that doesn't allow the user to use that squad or team for online play... HOPE AN EDITOR COMES OUT...

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Limited in amount of physio sessions and training.
It doesnt seem to have much effect on players performance an a real team doesnt say oh we can only train these few players, the rest will have to wait.

Also because i like to start from sratch with not many older experienced players i need to try an fast track their development.

As i said about aussie domestic series its crap compared to the county series.
No control over finances, no control over players.
Might be fairly realistic in the way u select players but takes all the fun out of it in trying to find a gem in a massive pool of players.

kunal25184

Club Cricketer
I have the source code ready into my visual studio project.

I think its just about modifying the hex address to get the previous editor working for ICC 2K11, but I dont know how to fetch the address.

May be those who are using artmoney tables, would be knowing that.

If someone can help, I can prepare the updated editor exe.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have the source code ready into my visual studio project.

I think its just about modifying the hex address to get the previous editor working for ICC 2K11, but I dont know how to fetch the address.

May be those who are using artmoney tables, would be knowing that.

If someone can help, I can prepare the updated editor exe.

I know the new hexes but just editing that in won't work. I've tried in the past.

Fe98

County Cricketer
Is it true that this version doesn't allow edited databases to be used online? If so then I guess people would be more welcoming to having an editor as it can't be used to cheat (online).

Chewie

BCCI President
No one's ever tried, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to go online. I'd suggest that the editor perhaps only be made for the original version of the game, and therefore those with the patched version can't use it, and they can't play online.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I'd suggest that the editor perhaps only be made for the original version of the game, and therefore those with the patched version can't use it, and they can't play online.

I thought that's what happened with the last game as the editor didn't work with the latest patch?

Chewie

BCCI President
Yea but it wasn't done purposely, just that no one updated the editor for the last patch

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
No one's ever tried, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to go online.

According to posts of Childish Things you can't go online if you've edited the database.

I'd hold no objections to a new editor if that is the case.

Chewie

BCCI President
Interesting. I still reckon it'd work cos we don't edit the database file itself, we edit the save file

Fe98

County Cricketer
According to posts of Childish Things you can't go online if you've edited the database.

I'd hold no objections to a new editor if that is the case.
This was what I was alluding to in my post. Strangely enough I can't find that particular post on CT where I read it, but if it's true it's definitely a plus.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'd be willing to do some work on an editor, as I'm looking for a small project to work on (I added the Coach/Physio and Funds options to Fe's 2008/2009 editors).

I've never played ICC online, but obviously this is a sensitive issue. I have no interest in uploading an editor that will ruin the online experience for other people. If Childish Things have figured something out, then that's great.

Alternatively, perhaps damage would be limited if editors are only released for non-latest patch versions (assuming the latest patch is required for online play)? Or any other ideas?

I don't know if we can communicate with someone at Childish Things. If we can, then any problems are very easy to avoid. For example, they could provide us with directions to a memory address (initially "0") to flag as "1" when the editor is opened. As long as source code is not made public, cheating would then be trivial to detect.

Chewie

BCCI President
I'd be willing to do some work on an editor, as I'm looking for a small project to work on (I added the Coach/Physio and Funds options to Fe's 2008/2009 editors).

I've never played ICC online, but obviously this is a sensitive issue. I have no interest in uploading an editor that will ruin the online experience for other people. If Childish Things have figured something out, then that's great.

Alternatively, perhaps damage would be limited if editors are only released for non-latest patch versions (assuming the latest patch is required for online play)? Or any other ideas?

I don't know if we can communicate with someone at Childish Things. If we can, then any problems are very easy to avoid. For example, they could provide us with directions to a memory address (initially "0") to flag as "1" when the editor is opened. As long as source code is not made public, cheating would then be trivial to detect.

The Coach/Physio thing was extremely helpful in your version. It may pay to pm Fe as he is doing some work at the moment.

At your last suggestion could be a rather interesting method to get around it. Sureshot does read this thread so hopefully he'll see that.

With regards to the non-latest patch version, that's what ended up happening in the last edition of the game, rather inadvertently though because no one could be bothered updating the editor

Users who are viewing this thread