Editor for Cricket Captain 2020 (Release)

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
@weetabixharry

Searching...
Success! Please record this information:
0x8E 0x80 0xD9 0x81
0xD8 0xD5 0x56 0x35
0x1A 0x85 0xAF 0xAE
0x0B 0x25 0xF8 0xC6

@RM19 Please try out the attached editor. I don't know if it will load up at all for you. If it does, then you should be able to select the CC 2020 Demo via Options -> Game version:

upload_2020-7-18_19-26-49.png

If the editor doesn't load at all then please let me know and I'll try to find a workaround.

Attachments

• CricketCaptain2020EditorDemoTest.zip
    114.9 KB · Views: 29

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
@RM19 It should be working now. Please download and try version 2020.08-04.

It should auto-detect that you are running the demo, so you shouldn't have to manually set the version via the Options menu.

Please let me know if it works for you.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Some other general progress (in response to various requests):

I have figured out how to change the opponent's bowler during the match. It seems very safe and stable (unlikely to cause crashes ... unless maybe if you change in the middle of an over?). I can't think of a neat way to add it to the editor yet. I'll probably add it to the Selection Editor (since that already shows the opponent's team).

I'm also trying to see if I can change weather conditions and pitch conditions during the match. I can change the ball condition (i.e. its age in overs), but no luck yet with weather or pitch.

I think I can now edit international squad selections. I think there will eventually be 2 ways to do this:
  1. Edit any international squad listed in the Internationals -> Team Info screen in Cricket Captain (before proceeding to the match).
  2. Edit your opponent's squad (and selected XI team) at the coin toss, via the Selection Editor.

RM19

School Cricketer
A question though. Is there any actual way to understand that the skill change applied correctly or not, without playing the game for a season or two? ( I mean I get why skill values are hidden in the editor but it was kind of easy for me to understand that my changes were applied correctly when I used a cheat table for CC18 ) Not a big problem, just wanted to know if I'm missing anything.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain

I have figured out how to change the opponent's bowler during the match. It seems very safe and stable (unlikely to cause crashes ... unless maybe if you change in the middle of an over?). I can't think of a neat way to add it to the editor yet. I'll probably add it to the Selection Editor (since that already shows the opponent's team).

I'm also trying to see if I can change weather conditions and pitch conditions during the match. I can change the ball condition (i.e. its age in overs), but no luck yet with weather or pitch.

I think I can now edit international squad selections. I think there will eventually be 2 ways to do this:
  1. Edit any international squad listed in the Internationals -> Team Info screen in Cricket Captain (before proceeding to the match).
  2. Edit your opponent's squad (and selected XI team) at the coin toss, via the Selection Editor.
Great going @weetabixharry selecting the opposition squad will go a great way in making the game more realistic. It will also solve the issue of regens appearing too soon in the game.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
A question though. Is there any actual way to understand that the skill change applied correctly or not, without playing the game for a season or two? ( I mean I get why skill values are hidden in the editor but it was kind of easy for me to understand that my changes were applied correctly when I used a cheat table for CC18 ) Not a big problem, just wanted to know if I'm missing anything.

There is currently no feedback from the editor. If you just want to check that the editor works, you could increase a batsman by 150% and watch them score.

If you just want to make sure you didn't mis-click (or click "OK" twice), then there is currently no mechanism for that because I couldn't think of one.

Feel free to suggest how you think it could be improved. There are 3 stages to this:
  1. Clicking "Load" loads the value from game memory to local editor memory. (Feedback = editor is populated with info).
  2. Clicking "OK" applies the % change in local editor memory. (Feedback = none).
  3. Clicking "Apply" writes the local editor memory back to game memory. (Feedback = none).

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

No more teams selecting five debutantes for their World Cup once this is released. Waiting for this release to continue my save.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is currently no feedback from the editor. If you just want to check that the editor works, you could increase a batsman by 150% and watch them score.

If you just want to make sure you didn't mis-click (or click "OK" twice), then there is currently no mechanism for that because I couldn't think of one.

Feel free to suggest how you think it could be improved. There are 3 stages to this:
  1. Clicking "Load" loads the value from game memory to local editor memory. (Feedback = editor is populated with info).
  2. Clicking "OK" applies the % change in local editor memory. (Feedback = none).
  3. Clicking "Apply" writes the local editor memory back to game memory. (Feedback = none).

Maybe have a number pop up once any change is confirmed?

RM19

School Cricketer

That is exactly what I was thinking of . Clicking "Ok" twice could make a huge difference. So maybe if there's a way to understand the changes that has already been made would be helpful. I mean if there's a confirmation after clicking "OK" would be nice

Last edited:

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Game patch 20.09 has been released today, so this has set back my progress.

I was doing final testing of the Squad Editor, but now I need to re-do everything for 20.09.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
The new editor release 2020.09-01 is updated for CC patch 20.09 and includes the (International) Squad Editor, which can be launched via the Tools menu.

upload_2020-7-19_15-31-4.png

To use the Squad Editor, first navigate to the relevant (international) squad via the Internationals -> Team Info screen in Cricket Captain.

Load that squad by clicking "Load Squad" in the Squad Editor. Next, click "Load Players" and this will automatically launch the Scout and search for all players of the appropriate nationality (this may take several seconds). Usually, you can just exit the Scout immediately, and that will copy all the players back to the Squad Editor, ready to swap into the squad using the "<-->" button:

upload_2020-7-19_15-28-44.png

If you want, before exiting the Scout, you can configure the filters to include other players (retired legends, players from other countries, etc). Then, when you exit the Scout, those players are copied back to the Squad Editor for you to select.

For example, here's Joe Root scoring a decent century for Sri Lanka:

upload_2020-7-19_15-37-5.png

KentLad

School Cricketer
Thanks @weetabixharry this is excellent. I used to use a thing called Magpie to edit a really old version of ICC (about 2000 or so) but this is the first one I've used since then. One thing I've noticed is that if you edit a player's career statistics, they will only show up in the game if the player who you edited already had stats in that game type previously. For example, if a player had not bowled in One Day cricket and you type in balls bowled, maidens etc. then click apply, the player will still not have any stats in that area when you go back to ICC.

Not a major one, but would be nice if this could be changed. I'm using the editor to put my Sunday league team into the game to see how we would fare in the County Championship!

Users who are viewing this thread