Editor for Cricket Captain 2020 (Release)

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The Editor has been updated for the latest 20.10 patch: 2020.10-01.

@RM19 This release also includes the addition of several missing nations:
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Uganda
  • Denmark
  • Malaysia
  • Nigeria
  • Singapore
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Germany
There are almost certainly other countries that I have missed, I just don't have a good way of finding them. Please let me know if you know of any more supported by Cricket Captain.

@the_hodge and @RM19 This should work correctly for the Demo, but for this game patch you must manually set the game version to the Demo. (Due to the changes in the latest patch, the auto-detection won't work).

Last edited:

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Thanks @weetabixharry this is excellent. I used to use a thing called Magpie to edit a really old version of ICC (about 2000 or so) but this is the first one I've used since then. One thing I've noticed is that if you edit a player's career statistics, they will only show up in the game if the player who you edited already had stats in that game type previously. For example, if a player had not bowled in One Day cricket and you type in balls bowled, maidens etc. then click apply, the player will still not have any stats in that area when you go back to ICC.

Not a major one, but would be nice if this could be changed. I'm using the editor to put my Sunday league team into the game to see how we would fare in the County Championship!

This is not fixed yet, but I haven't forgotten it. It's still on the to-do list.

Lenix43

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello would it be possible to add physical attributes to editing options for players?

I'd like to edit a regen into a Ugandan player (Roger Mukasa) but regens seem to be overwhelmingly white.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hello would it be possible to add physical attributes to editing options for players?

I'd like to edit a regen into a Ugandan player (Roger Mukasa) but regens seem to be overwhelmingly white.

@Lenix43 Good idea. This should be possible. Presumably, the only way to discover these physical attributes (such as skin tone and hair colour) is via the in-match highlights?

Do you know how many different skin tones are supported in Cricket Captain? If it's a fairly small number, then it will be easier to find.

To do this, I need 2 lists of players' names (from the starting game database). The players in one list should have the darkest possible skin tone. The players in the other list should have the lightest possible skin tone. I can then run a script to compare the two lists of players and find where the skin tone is stored in memory. Ideally, the lists should each have 10+ players (but more is better). Ideally, the lists should be as diverse as possible (e.g. don't construct the entire light-skinned list from English Surrey players who are right-handed middle-order batsmen. Try to find a good mix of nationality, playing role, club etc).

It would be useful to also make similar lists for hair colours. I'm not sure if these are just totally random in Cricket Captain. For example, I can see Ollie Pope has black hair (should be ginger) and Liam Plunkett has a floppy blonde mop (should be brown).

EDIT: Never mind, I have found it. Here's a screen grab of Liam Plunkett still with blonde hair, but with edited skin tone:

upload_2020-8-9_12-49-23.png

Last edited:

Lenix43

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
@Lenix43 Good idea. This should be possible. Presumably, the only way to discover these physical attributes (such as skin tone and hair colour) is via the in-match highlights?

Do you know how many different skin tones are supported in Cricket Captain? If it's a fairly small number, then it will be easier to find.

To do this, I need 2 lists of players' names (from the starting game database). The players in one list should have the darkest possible skin tone. The players in the other list should have the lightest possible skin tone. I can then run a script to compare the two lists of players and find where the skin tone is stored in memory. Ideally, the lists should each have 10+ players (but more is better). Ideally, the lists should be as diverse as possible (e.g. don't construct the entire light-skinned list from English Surrey players who are right-handed middle-order batsmen. Try to find a good mix of nationality, playing role, club etc).

It would be useful to also make similar lists for hair colours. I'm not sure if these are just totally random in Cricket Captain. For example, I can see Ollie Pope has black hair (should be ginger) and Liam Plunkett has a floppy blonde mop (should be brown).

EDIT: Never mind, I have found it. Here's a screen grab of Liam Plunkett still with blonde hair, but with edited skin tone:

View attachment 236212

Looks really promising! Glad you were able to find that, may be useful to get hair colour in there too if it's possible. Thanks for looking into this.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@weetabixharry Squad Editor does not seem to be working in 20.10 version.

Thanks for finding this. I can see the problem and am fixing it now.[DOUBLEPOST=1597075806][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looks really promising! Glad you were able to find that, may be useful to get hair colour in there too if it's possible. Thanks for looking into this.

Yes, hair colour will also be going in.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@Prashanth S Kharche The Squad Editor should be fixed now. Please try 2020.10-02. (The Scout has also been updated with the same fixes).

@Lenix43 I have also added basic editing of hair/skin appearance in this release. I haven't tested it much (and I was sort of guessing what the different options are), so try it out and let me know if there are any bugs.

upload_2020-8-10_20-2-44.png

Users who are viewing this thread