Editor for Cricket Captain 2020 (Release)

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
This is the release thread for the Cricket Captain 2020 Editor. This Editor is also fully integrated into the Cricket Captain 2020 Scout.

Please use this thread to download the latest version of the Editor and to report any issues.

WARNING! I haven't had any issues, but editing can be risky. Please back up your savegame if you don't want to risk corrupting it.

Screenshots:

Editor2020-07-01_1.png Editor2020-07-01_2.png Editor2020-07-01_3.png

Quick Tips:
  1. Run Cricket Captain 2020.15 and load an Easy difficulty career mode game, or a Tournament game.
  2. Run the editor.
  3. Only "Load" or "Apply" the Player Editor while viewing that player in-game.
  4. Only "Add Coach + Physio" while viewing the Coaching screen in-game.
  5. It should be safe to "Load Budget", "Save Budget" and set "100% Squad Fitness" from just about any screen in the game.
  6. If you change a player's role (batsman, bowler, all-rounder, keeper, opener, etc.) then always exit their profile in-game, then exit the next screen (so the correct team order is regenerated) before editing any other player.
  7. Selection Editor: Only use this tool in the match start screen (just before the coin toss).
  8. Squad Editor: Only use this tool when viewing the international squad you want to edit. Clicking "Load Players" launches the Scout, which allows you to filter a list of players to consider for selection. When you close the scout, the filtered player list will be copied back into the Squad Editor.
  9. I haven't had any issues, but there is always a chance the editor could corrupt your savegame. Back it up if you don't want to risk losing it.
Please check the following FAQ before asking a question. I will update the FAQ with any new questions.

FAQ (PLEASE READ):
  • Q: Can I have the editor for a previous patch of Cricket Captain 2020?
  • A: No. There are editors for previous products (e.g. CC2018 and CC2019) but you should always update your game to the latest patch to use the editor.
  • Q: Can I use this editor to cheat online?
  • A: No. The editor is not compatible with any game modes eligible for online play. At best, the Editor will crash if you try to edit a Normal mode game (and is likely to corrupt your savegame). The editor is a very simple memory editor that is easily detectable by Steam. If you try to edit online games, you will be banned. You have been warned - I am not responsible for any bans.
  • Q: Can I edit player ability?
  • A: Yes. You can offset by a specified +/- percentage, or randomize player ability (within specified limits). However, you cannot view ability or potential ability. (This limitation is requested by the game's developers).
  • Q: Does the editor run on Mac, Linux or mobile devices?
  • A: No. I have tested it in Windows 7 and 10. If there is high demand, then I could look into porting to other platforms.
  • Q: Where is the download link?
  • A: Click on a version name in the table below.
  • Q: How did you write this editor?
  • A: The original version was written (in C#) by Fe98 more than a decade ago, based on a huge community effort to reverse-engineer earlier versions of the game. They deserve most of the credit. I have just updated and added features.
  • Q: Is the editor finished?
  • A: No. There are a lot of features that I am still working on. Please feel free to suggest anything else you would like to see in the editor.
Downloads:

VersionDateDescription
2020.07-0106/07/2020First public release.
2020.07-0206/07/2020Fixed unknown contracts. Thanks @ahmedleo414.
2020.08-0108/07/2020Update for patch 20.08.
2020.08-0212/07/2020Added ability/potential offset %.
2020.08-0318/07/2020Integrated Selection Editor.
2020.08-0418/07/2020Added support for demo.
2020.09-0119/07/2020Update for patch 20.09. Integrated Squad Editor.
2020.10-0106/08/2020Update for patch 20.10. Added several missing nationalities.
2020.10-0210/08/2020Fixed Squad Editor. Added player appearance.
2020.11-0120/08/2020Update for patch 20.11.
2020.14-0114/03/2021Update for patch 20.14. Patched vulnerabilities in Squad Editor. Also compatible with patch 20.15.

Attachments

• CricketCaptain2020Editor14-01.zip
    225.6 KB · Views: 865
Last edited:

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Some comments about the first release:
  • I need your help. There seem to be 6 types of player contract that I can't identify. Probably these are for things like IPL, Big Bash, PSL, The 100, etc. If you play these leagues, please check these "Unknown" salaries in the player's "Personal" screen and see if you can identify what each "Unknown" contract type is. Fixed in release 2020.07-02 - thanks @ahmedleo414.
upload_2020-7-6_17-27-51.png
  • Bug: In the "My Club" editor, the club name is only displaying correctly for English clubs. For non-English clubs, the budget editing should still work correctly (but the club name will be blank/wrong). All club names should show correctly in the "Other" club editor. @Aislabie might be interested in the "Other" Club Editor (for editing other teams' budgets). I think this has been fixed in release 2020.08-01.
upload_2020-7-6_17-9-37.png

• At the request of the game developers, hidden attributes (ability and potential) are not shown. I know some people (like me) want to use this feature responsibly. Therefore, I will consider privately releasing unlocked Editors to people with provably legitimate motives. (This will generally be people with long-standing PlanetCricket accounts, and/or those who have helped out with previous editors).
upload_2020-7-6_17-12-51.png
  • The "Global Editor" options from the 2018 Editor have not been implemented yet.

Last edited:

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Is there any way to possibly do this:

For lets say a tournamant match with All Time Greats. I pick the team for both myself and the AI. However, I can set my own line-up for a match, but not for the AI.

Is there any way you are able to set the line-up for the AI for the match?

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Is there any way to possibly do this:

For lets say a tournamant match with All Time Greats. I pick the team for both myself and the AI. However, I can set my own line-up for a match, but not for the AI.

Is there any way you are able to set the line-up for the AI for the match?

This (or something similar) has also been requested by @Prashanth S Kharche (and also at least 1 person on the ChildishThings forums). I have made some progress and I think it will be possible.

Initially, I think it will be very ugly and laborious (you will probably have to spend many minutes just to select one team/squad). However, with some feedback after each release, it will hopefully get better.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Also wanted to ask about the change to ability and potential. Would it be possible to somehow, without giving the exact numbers, to say if the potential was increased or decreased by hitting the random button? I mean I'd love to be able to see and edit them manually but if that's a feature that's been locked by the creators then there's nothing I can do

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also wanted to ask about the change to ability and potential. Would it be possible to somehow, without giving the exact numbers, to say if the potential was increased or decreased by hitting the random button? I mean I'd love to be able to see and edit them manually but if that's a feature that's been locked by the creators then there's nothing I can do

This might make long-term saves a lot more interesting and could go a long way towards solving the issue of certain teams being too weak.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@ahmedleo414 and @Bevab When you click "Rand", the new value is guaranteed to be between the specified "Min" and "Max" values. So, you can have a good idea of what the value is afterwards (particularly if you set Min and Max very close together). The game developers mostly don't want you to know what the original value was. So, you won't know for sure whether they got better or worse.

However, you can use these lists to get a rough idea of what the batting and bowling abilities should be set as:

Player | Batting Ability | Description
Don Bradman | 4068 | All-time greatest batsman
Virat Kohli | 1810 | Modern great batsman
Gordon Greenidge | 1536 | Top class Test batsman
Andrew Flintoff | 1181 | Useful with a bat
Vernon Philander | 867 | Bowling all-rounder
Shane Warne | 620 | Bowler
Phil Tufnell | 311 | Useless with a bat
Player | Bowling Ability | Description
Joel Garner | 460 | All-time great bowler
Richie Benaud | 699 | Top quality bowler
Imran Khan | 826 | Very good bowling all-rounder
Sourav Ganguly | 1071 | Useful occasional bowler
Geoff Boycott | 1214 | Occasional bowler
Quinton de Kock | 1507 | Doesn't bowl (wicket keeper)
Adam Gilchrist | 1751| Doesn't bowl (wicket keeper)
Personally, I would advise using this feature very sparingly, as it's easy to overdo it and upset the balance of the game. However, I respect that everyone wants to use the game differently.

Gareth Slater

School Cricketer
Not sure if I'm using it incorrectly, but is there a way to move players across teams? I am happy to leave their stats alone, just moving the players. (I want to use my team from a previous versions save game).

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Not sure if I'm using it incorrectly, but is there a way to move players across teams? I am happy to leave their stats alone, just moving the players. (I want to use my team from a previous versions save game).

I have been working on this for quite a long time (around a year, on and off) and have made various bits of progress, but nothing that I thought was ready for release yet. I think it might be easier to swap players between teams, but one-way transfers should eventually also be possible.

I hope to get something together within the next few weeks. I'll notify you when something is released.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
Dear @weetabixharry thanks for the editor. I seem to be having a problem. I edited a player (eg Rohit Sharma) Batting ability to 1500 min and 1500 max and save. When I open him again in the editor his Batting ability goes back to 1000 min and 1500 max. What am I doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread