Elliott wants Murali re-tested

Shoaib87

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sman-21 said:
Murali cant be considered the greatest.
Look at the teams played.
Questionable action.
Look at the other bowlers hes bowling with there is nobody to steal wickets off him and when they want to wrap up the tail they bring Murali in.
Warne has guys like Mcgrath,Lee always stealing wickets off him and sometimes Warne doesnt get to bowl at the tail if Mcgrath and Lee have a few wickets.

Is there anywhere we can see Muralis Batsmen dismissed most list and Warnes batsmen dismissed most list?
I wouldnt mind comparing the 2 to see who has the better batsmen in there list.
Atleast Murali doesn't use steroids & other prohibited drugs to enhance his performace but Shane Warne does & he had to face a 1 year ban for it.

Shane Warne has had the support of lot quality bowlers throughout his career e.g Flemming,Gillespie,McGrath,MacGill,Lee & few other who get the top quality batsman out & Warne usually takes wickets of talienders while Sri Lanka has a bowling attack comprising of Murali,Vaas,no one,no one,no one & one for atleast last 10 years.So,Murali alone to do the job & get all the top quality batsmen.As far as his bowling action is concerned,I think its well within the ICC limits.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Murali is a better spinner simply for the fact that he spins it both ways. Warne would be no doubt the best leggie of all time, but Murali has revolutionised offspin, and now can't even be called an offspinner with his doosra! He carries the whole attack of Sri Lanka too with Vaas, so the fact that he gets tailenders is nonesense. And Murali has done well against Australia, how well would have Warne done against his own team?
Warne is amazing, no doubt, but technically Murali is better as he spins it both ways and has loads of pressure on his shoulders. No one admits it much though, as he doesn't have the 'romance' of cricket surrounding him or the aura as Warne sadly. So, really no way to choose. I like Warne and Murali, but Murali is a better spinner, but you can say Warne is the greater cricketer allround.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
^ That doesn't put anything in his favor. Tendulkar could score a 400, but he doesn't have the stamina.

irottev

School Cricketer
I am disgused at Murili getting punished for gesturing towards the crowd. If someone had pained themselves black with no ball written on them I would be pretty angry as well. Thats racist.

kodos

International Coach
Warne has also revolutionised the art of leg spin in the game. Both are class bowlers but personally I find Murali just slightly better because he has played for a team with a weak bowling attack bar Vass, has had to play the likes of the Aus batting lineup and also of the heavy amount of criticism he receives. He has done very well to even still be playing atm because of all the s*** he has had to cop and especially by pathetic Australian supporters who shout no ball, display racial taunts and also those supporters who are just jealous because of his ability to bowl.

I would guarantee if Murali represented Australia than no Aussie supported in the crowd would not shout no-ball and say that he bowls legitimately. In recent news that Murali stuck his finger up at a member of the crowd who painted his face in black and painted "no-ball" on his chest. I mean who wouldn't be frustrated if that occured and Murali for once showed his frustration. Absolute pathetic by members of the crowd and if I were Murali or infact Sri Lanka I would boycott the next Aus tour. Dan Cullen from Sth Australia also stuck his finger to a member of a crowd once and used vulgar language to the crowd but nothing happened. Why does he get away with it while Murali doesn't???

Some Aussie supporters should grow up and stop whinging about Murali being a chucker. If you hate him so much than complain to the adminsitrators of the game and stop having a cry on several cricketing forums.

MWaugh

International Coach
and it only took 11 posts to get to the discussion of who is better, warne or murali. im sure there are plenty of threads around regarding this issue. this thread is relating to the story in the first post.

Jarryd

Club Cricketer
Test results from UWA (speed in kmh, elbow extension in degrees):

The Doosra:
Avg.
Speed 76.3 85.0 92.2 90.4 83.2 92.2 86.5
Elbow ext. 14.4 12.7 12.5 8.4 12.9 12.3 12.2

The off-break:
Avg.
Speed 95.8 98.6 92.5 92.88 95.0
Elbow ext. 12.9 14.1 13.0 11.4 12.9

Ok, so maybe I was wrong....

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Thx for those stats nightprowler interesting reading

Hadnt heard anything about these tests until now but from what i just read it appears that they finally did proper testing with different speeds and actually tested the doosra for once.
Now all we need is the tv news or channel 9 during the next srilanka match to tell everybody this and show it was all done properly this time.
And it will stop alot of the questions over his action.

Dont blame aussie fans for some guy painting himself black and painting no ball on himself he was probably a sth african fan coz the game was between sth africa and sri lanka.

Also they take it to seriously most the fans yelling out no ball are just doing it for abit of fun and entertainment.
Its now like a tradition and no matter how much proof they have it will continue as it gives them something to do everytime murali bowls.
Murali needs to lighten up accept it and have fun with it.

Aussie fans gave nel a hard time aswell but it was all in fun.
At first Nel seemed a little upset about it and let it get to him but by the end of the series he had accepted it and was enjoying it.
He will now be the bloke aussie fans give a hard time to anytime we play S.A. its not because we hate him its just abit of fun and something to do for entertainment.

Aussie fans cant sit around all day singing poofy songs together or playing music.
So our entertainment is making up crappy chants for players.

kodos

International Coach
A game between SA v Sri Lanka doesn't mean that there are no Australian supporters at the ground. I think Murali was fine with the no ball chants until now when there was some stupid racist person painted his face black and painted no-ball on his chest.

Finally the results of the test are revealed and Murali's deliveries are under the limit. Now will people get off Murali's back or will they continue to have a cry about his illegal action???

Jarryd

Club Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
Murali is a better spinner simply for the fact that he spins it both ways. Warne would be no doubt the best leggie of all time, but Murali has revolutionised offspin, and now can't even be called an offspinner with his doosra! He carries the whole attack of Sri Lanka too with Vaas, so the fact that he gets tailenders is nonesense. And Murali has done well against Australia, how well would have Warne done against his own team?
Warne is amazing, no doubt, but technically Murali is better as he spins it both ways and has loads of pressure on his shoulders. No one admits it much though, as he doesn't have the 'romance' of cricket surrounding him or the aura as Warne sadly. So, really no way to choose. I like Warne and Murali, but Murali is a better spinner, but you can say Warne is the greater cricketer allround.
Make this thread about Shane Warne. You know you want to.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I think I am going to close this thread if anyone mentions Shane Warne in this thread again. Read the topic title.

m_vaughan

James219

International Cricketer
kodos said:
Warne has also revolutionised the art of leg spin in the game. Both are class bowlers but personally I find Murali just slightly better because he has played for a team with a weak bowling attack bar Vass, has had to play the likes of the Aus batting lineup and also of the heavy amount of criticism he receives. He has done very well to even still be playing atm because of all the s*** he has had to cop and especially by pathetic Australian supporters who shout no ball, display racial taunts and also those supporters who are just jealous because of his ability to bowl.

I would guarantee if Murali represented Australia than no Aussie supported in the crowd would not shout no-ball and say that he bowls legitimately. In recent news that Murali stuck his finger up at a member of the crowd who painted his face in black and painted "no-ball" on his chest. I mean who wouldn't be frustrated if that occured and Murali for once showed his frustration. Absolute pathetic by members of the crowd and if I were Murali or infact Sri Lanka I would boycott the next Aus tour. Dan Cullen from Sth Australia also stuck his finger to a member of a crowd once and used vulgar language to the crowd but nothing happened. Why does he get away with it while Murali doesn't???

Some Aussie supporters should grow up and stop whinging about Murali being a chucker. If you hate him so much than complain to the adminsitrators of the game and stop having a cry on several cricketing forums.

I agree, no matter what he does, there's always a large group (which is the bad thing) that cannot accept his brilliance. They try and take away his achievements by making mindless accusations about his action and try to back it up by saying it goes past 15 degrees without even understanding the laws, results or situation. And apparently it's ok to uphold racial taunts for several years but when he makes one gesture in frustration it's the end of the world. Some members of the Australian crowds are acting like absolute idiots yet they think they're representing our identity.

Users who are viewing this thread