Story England International Season - September 8th, 2007 - India in England

Who will finish victorious in the Natwest ODI Series?

• Total voters

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah I Like The Presentation Too

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
skysportslogowu1.gif

Lords' set for a thrilling finale

indiainenglandcopytn6.jpg

England vs India
7th Natwest ODI
September 8, 2007
Lord's, London

Overs 21-40: Highlights

Pietersen gives his wicket away

38861484.jpg

Flicked in the air towards square leg; Easily caught by Powar; India know that's a big wicket

Wright follows soon after

47024089.jpg

Harbhajan celebrates after a successful appeal; Just hits Wright in line; Replays indicate the ball may have gone over the top

Shah and Collingwood take to the sweep

57754005.jpg

Shah goes down on one knee and sweeps; Collingwood keeps it all along the floor; Sweetly timed and away for four

Shah looks in good touch

80784322.jpg

Gloriously driven through the offside; Cut off the back foot this time; Delicately played past the short third man

Both batsmen bring up their fifties

81518038.jpg

Collingwood drives to reach his 50 at a run a ball; He knows there's plenty more work to do; Shah follows suit, making 50 from the same amount of deliveries

Powar strikes in his comeback over

53444443.jpg

Skewed into the off side from a thick edge; Well taken diving forward by Sachin; India rally their visiting fans for the final 10 overs

englandscoreboard.jpg

indiabowlingcard.jpg

England need 70 runs to win from 10 overs.

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The game is evenly poised. I feel that England lost Collingwood just at the wrong time. Despite that, Shah is looking in fine touch as he has demonstrated with the late cuts and playing very well square of the wicket. Prior's role is to rotate the strike by getting bat on ball. With Flintoff also in the ranks, i feel that England can reach the required run rate of 7.70 runs per over.

India will have to apportion the remaining ten overs cleverly. R P Singh was fantastic up-front and may be able to make the ball tail back in to the right-handers. Zaheer would also be a valuable asset for the death overs, and with Pathan having two overs remaining, that takes the tally to six overs. Harbhajan has been expensive and despite taking the crucial wicket of Luke Wright, the other batsman have "milked him" and played him with relative ease. I feel that the strategy he should adopt should be fast darts, as Shah will enjoy anything pitched up.

To conclude, i feel Powar should be given the ball for the 41st over, and take a gamble to toss the ball up to Matt Prior. From the 41st over, it should be a rotation of Irfan, Zaheer and RP Singh to close the innings.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
England will win this easily. Shah and Prior too natural hitters and India's death bowling is pathetic over the years

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just to let you know, I've played until the 49th over. Right now far too busy with life to update, but it'll come at some point.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Come On England You Should Win

jackles

School Cricketer
this is a great story. ive been following this for a while (since being a guest here) and i must say the presentation is amazing. fantastic stuff. i think england should win here 10 overs to go, i reckon 270-280 would be a reasonable total.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
this is a great story. ive been following this for a while (since being a guest here) and i must say the presentation is amazing. fantastic stuff. i think england should win here 10 overs to go, i reckon 270-280 would be a reasonable total.

England are chasing. They need 70 from the final 10 with 5 wickets remaining. Thanks for following the story.

The Rock

County Cricketer
England can win this one, especially with Flintoff yet to bat. Good presentation, plus the C2k5 gfx make it look better (I've always had something for that game) and sorta different from the other ones.

Users who are viewing this thread