England Tour of West Indies (3 ODI, 5 T20i) #realcricketisback

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Harry Bloody Brook

Great innings from Salt but what a cameo from Brook.

71 off the last 4 overs or something. Thought it was done. In comes Brook and finishes in absolute style.

That doesn't sound impossible to chase these days.

Which shows how much skewed towards batting and power hitting the T20 game has become now.

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That was great from Salt and Brook, but honestly if there's one thing Ive noticed-

Windies are truly home bullies- They put up performances like this in T20s where they challenge even Australia, South Africa, England and even beat India recently (may be India's B side but even that team is capable of beating a lot of other teams). In ODIs, it's not as good but they still manage to win a game or two (considering ODIs are absolutely their weak point)

But put them outside WI- Lost to Scotland, Ireland in the T20 World Cup in Australia, lost to Sri Lanka and nearly to Bangladesh in a T20 WC In UAE (Two contrasting away conditions). ODIs it's way worse- Lost to Zimbabwe, Scotland, Netherlands in the WC Qualifier. No good performance in ICC events and I don't even remember them winning any away tours against a formidable side in ODIs or even T20Is . Their last 2 away tours against a Top 10 side (Australia and India), they failed to win a single game. 6 straight losses in India and 5 in Australia I believe.

I keep thinking the WI are back in form again every time they put on a good performance, and then they later disappoint. Now I just realise they are just winning all the home series and games at home and getting exposed away.

But funnily The T20 WC next year is in the Windies, so hopefully we can finally see them do well in an ICC event again. And it's a relief for them that they have it at home.

Users who are viewing this thread