England v Australia Ashes 2005 Test - Edgbaston (Aus won by 67 runs)

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
Thought I would make my own thread instead of taking over the gameplay/livestream one - will just bump the thread if I'm live. I will be playing as England for most games/series.

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
Current situation:

5282374af929500a58f5aedf5df8465d.png

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
Brilliant ending to a brilliant game - SA were pretty much in cruise control with about 50 runs to win with Du Plessis playing a wonderful innings. I felt the 2nd new ball played a key role in England's win.

6b5db8f4dc38af2fb72e1407656652f1.png

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
But this match also shows that it is still very difficult for the users to play spinners.
Ideally if it was a seaming pitch then pacers of both the teams should have done well and if it was a spinning pitch then spinners of both the teams should have done well
But in this case england seamers were on a roll whereas surprisingly South african seamers were overshadowed by their spinners which never happens in Test cricket to be fair
Plz don't get offended but not so realistic in my view

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
But this match also shows that it is still very difficult for the users to play spinners.
Ideally if it was a seaming pitch then pacers of both the teams should have done well and if it was a spinning pitch then spinners of both the teams should have done well
But in this case england seamers were on a roll whereas surprisingly South african seamers were overshadowed by their spinners which never happens in Test cricket to be fair
Plz don't get offended but not so realistic in my view

Yh playing spinners is not easy - it was more of a case of me not being patient enough tbh and waiting for the bad balls. I will be playing another test soon so it will be interesting to see how I can improve. In regards to my spinners, I didn't bowl Rashid/Ali enough to make a significant impact as I felt the seamers could do the job (and they did, just).

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
This was definitely a frustrating moment, and not happened to me before:

The Du Plessis-Bavuma partnership was going so well, and if I hadn't taken the wicket next ball...:mad

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Yh playing spinners is not easy - it was more of a case of me not being patient enough tbh and waiting for the bad balls. I will be playing another test soon so it will be interesting to see how I can improve. In regards to my spinners, I didn't bowl Rashid/Ali enough to make a significant impact as I felt the seamers could do the job (and they did, just).
One solution to this could be to separate the stats of batsman against seamers and spinners
At the moment the footwork and some other attributes of the batsman against all types of bowlers are the same but realistically what I have seen in international cricket is that the asian countries have better footwork against spinners than seamers and vice versa for the countries outside asia
This will also ensure much more realistic scorecards during career modes when one country tours the other
I think many of you would agree with me on this that there are a lot of batsman in international cricket who plays seamers better than spinners and some play spinners better than seamers

Users who are viewing this thread