Story England Vs Australia - Ashes Tour - Australia

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well if it wasnt Australia you were playing against, I would give it a 65:35 in favour of England. But now I'd say 45:55 to England.

My suggestion: There is a lot of time left. Take your time, and take singles, and hit the bad balls for four. No risks.

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
England are left chasing a total of 303 to win the match, it may not seem much but bearing in mind there playing the Aussies and their current form it may be a struggle to say the least.

England: 2nd Innings:

Strauss and Trescothick make three runs off the first over, a two and a single, looks like there taking the safe approach.

Strauss on strike doesent score of the first four balls of the second over but smashes a bad one for 6, a dangerous character with the bat.

Trescothick joins in the assault in the next over with two fours and a single.

The England openers appear to be relaxed and focused as they chase down the 303 target.

Strauss hits a catchable square cut just wide of the slips for 4, dangerous times for the batsmen.

Another excellent Strauss six sends England hopes and the ball soaring.

Another six by Trescothick, they really are going for it.

His heart skips a beat a few balls later and the ball flys off the edge of the bat but gets past the slips for 4.

The 6's are flying in for Strauss and Trescothick as the balls are being put in the slot everytime and if theres soemthing to hit then its dispatched everytime.

A deadly straight four puts a smile on Strauss' face as the bowler dives out of the way.

Another Trescothick edge through the slips brings up the 50 for no wicket for England, the first 50/0 of the Tour.

Trescothick dispatches a full blown attempt at the stumps away for 6 on the volley, the bowler looks like hes seen a ghost,

Two more sixes in a row for Trescothick lifts him to 41.

Strauss and Trescothick are on a boundary rampage as they hit fours and sixes all over the place, the Aussies dont know what to do.

Trescothick edges through the slips again, it gets away for 4 but how many times can it happen before he gets caught?

Trescothick brings up a fantastic half century with a four drilled through through extra cover. 52*

England are going well at 83/0 as they chase the remaining 220 down.

Strauss smashes another six straight back over the bowlers head.

A fantastic lofted cover drive gives Strauss soemthing else to cheer about.

Trescothick brings up the 100 partnership and Englands 100 with a six that just got over the rope. 105/0

The Aussies are trying to defend a new total of 192 and England have all 10 wickets in hand, can they work some magic and get a wicket?

Apparently not as Trescothick adds 4 more to the England total.

Strauss smashes away a poor ball with a lovely square cut to the boundary to bring up his 53*, well batted both men.

Trescothick has the crowds cheering again as he smashes another six.

The crowd really are getting peppered as another flys their way.

Yet another 6 by Strauss shows that England really mean business and the Aussies are going to have to get a wicket to slow down this onslaught.

Trescothick hits a four as he makes his assault on the not so nervous ninteys, it also brings the 1st wicket partnership past 150 to 153 and England need another 150 to win.

Strauss gets his helmet rattled by a bouncer that hits him sqaure in the visor.

Strauss smashes a few more sixes off the rather poor bowling of Lee.

Trescothick is still hanging in their on 94* hes been on that number for a while now.

Strauss joins him with another 4 past the bowler to reach 90*.

He gets his century within three balls with two marvelous sixes, brilliant batting at a crucial time, he shows the face of the bat to the crowd.

The 200 parntership is up and England require only 101 to win with 10 wickets still in hand and neither of these two look like budging anytime soon.

Trescothick 99*
Strauss 102*

Trescothick gets his 8th Test Tonne as he moves onto 105* after a massive, massive six that went onto the roof of the ground.

The Aussies are terrorised as more 6's and 4's get away.

The 250 partnership is up for Trescothick and Strauss, one has to wonder how far they would have got had it been Vaughan and Trescothick as the openers...

England require only 48 as Strauss moves onto 150 and smashes yet another 4 away.

England move onto 297 for no wicker and require 6 runs to take a huge victory.

Strauss happily obliges and smashes one over the rope for 6, he throws his arms in the air to celbrate and the whole England team pile onto the pitch to congratulate the pair.

England win the 1st Test Mstch by 10 wickets:

Trescothick:
149*

Strauss: 159*

Strauss Trescothick Partnership: 303

England stay at 10% success rate as the series counts as a percentage (i think)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
whoa good job.....that was one big victory. difficult to predict at the beginning of hte series, for sure :D. keep it up

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
Finished the first innings of the second test match and havr taken some screenshots with my digital camera and a few videos but the quality is not very good so i'll post them with the next BBC Report and see what you think.

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
BBC Match Report: 1st Test:

Attachments

• bbc sport cricket eng v australia england wrap up easy win.htm
    42.6 KB · Views: 30

tjh1989

International Cricketer
Do you have a photo editor if so look for a resive option and resive to a size you like and save it and then attach it thats how i do it great first match i think a series win for the English goodluck

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
okay, that works, thanks, now how do i attach multiple pictues to the same post???

tjh1989

International Cricketer
i dont know how to do that i would wait for a reply from M_Vaughan he will know the only way i can think of is to copy all the images on to one page arrange them how you want them and resive and attach them but i am not sure.

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
never mind, most of the pictures look rubbish anyway. Second Test comming up soon!

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
you can attach only one image at a time....but you can link to an external site. All my images are stored at photobucket.com.

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
After rolling over the Aussies in the first test with ease the England squad will be looking to consolidate there position with another win which will put them in a great position to take the series and after that who knows, maybee even a whitewash... how many teams can say they did that??

The captains come out to the middle for the toss with Micheal Atherton, The coin is tossed up and Ricky Ponting calls it heads.

England:

1) A Strauss
2) M Trescothick
3) G Thorpe
4) M Vaughan (c)
5) A Flintoff
6) V Solanki
7) G Jones (wk)
8) A Giles
9) M Hoggard
10) J Anderson
11) S Harmison

Australia:

1) J Langer
2) M Hayden
3) R Ponting
4) D Martyn
5) S Waugh
6) A Gilchrist
7) A Bichel
8) B Lee
9) S Gillespie
10) G McGrath
11) S Macgill

The coin comes down and its heads so the Aussies win the toss and unsurprisingly choose to bat on a hard pitch , sunny and hot with no chance of rain.

Good pitch for batting, hard and true but also good for finger and wrist spinners, a nice even bounce, will deteroite so batting 1st is a good idea.

Im getting bored of doing this diary and might stop unless people are actually reading, ill be doing a great County Season with Derbyshire or Lancashire after this so its one or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread