English Football Thread 2014/15

Who will win the premiership 14/15

• Total voters

Lee1981

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
So it seems city have definitely thrown us the title now

Although if we play like we did v psg the other night then it could be back on, probably the worst performance I've seen chelsea play live in years and taking my boy to it on a school night was not worth the ear ache from the wife when we got in at 11pm

War

Chairman of Selectors
Strange old season from United, seriously thought Spurs was gonna expose them.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Strange old season from United, seriously thought Spurs was gonna expose them.

Two teams that have suffered from from Jekyll and Hyde performances all season. Good for the premiership but a nightmare to bet on.

Both teams are very lucky to each have a world class goalkeeper, I've lost count of the matches De Gea and Lloris have kept their respective teams in the game.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
BBC Sport - Raheem Sterling: Extended interview with Liverpool star

I struggling to understand what raheem sterling said in this interview that has the british press and even Brendan Rogers so concerned and offended.
I imagine the fact that he did it at all, breaking the club's media policy and not keeping it all between himself and his club. By going to the BBC and saying 'I will not sign a new contract until the summer' he's basically saying 'come and get me'. Clubs will already be preparing bids I reckon. Liverpool will be tested.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I imagine the fact that he did it at all, breaking the club's media policy and not keeping it all between himself and his club. By going to the BBC and saying 'I will not sign a new contract until the summer' he's basically saying 'come and get me'. Clubs will already be preparing bids I reckon. Liverpool will be tested.

From what I know of how the media works, all big sports team have a director of communications and various media officers under that person. So if you want to one vs one interview with him like that especially during the season, you would have to go through them.

But as Gary Neville said recently maybe this is the problem somewhat - Raheem Sterling's agent Aidy Ward emerges as key player in Liverpool contract saga - Telegraph , but I doubt listening to him in that interview however BBC got it, that Sterling seriously is making a 'come and get me" plea.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
From what I know of how the media works, all big sports team have a director of communications and various media officers under that person. So if you want to one vs one interview with him like that especially during the season, you would have to go through them.

But as Gary Neville said recently maybe this is the problem somewhat - Raheem Sterling's agent Aidy Ward emerges as key player in Liverpool contract saga - Telegraph , but I doubt listening to him in that interview however BBC got it, that Sterling seriously is making a 'come and get me" plea.
They do have plenty of media folk, but it would be a doddle for his agent to set up an interview with the BBC. That's what will have happened here. Believe me, no one at Liverpool will have known about it because if they did they would not have allowed it.

War

Chairman of Selectors
They do have plenty of media folk, but it would be a doddle for his agent to set up an interview with the BBC. That's what will have happened here. Believe me, no one at Liverpool will have known about it because if they did they would not have allowed it.

Well ye it seems like they really didn't know, but reading Rogers interview he isn't actually that concerned. Its clearly soimething done by the agents who influence seems to be getting worse every season now. However the british press is going way overboard with this & in these situations you understand why Ash Cole stopped talking to them. :facepalm

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What a goal from Charlie Adam :eek:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Has the football section of this website been abandoned? Ha
I'll try and get it going again.

The Premier League hasn't been that great this season. Chelsea have been so obviously the best team in the league since the start and no one has been able to mount a challenge. I do get fed up with the way the media make some sort of deity out of Jose Mourinho and how they make out everything he says is profound. He's bought exactly the players that they needed and they have won the league by a mile. They are not exactly liked though, with the way they surround the referees (I'm not singling them out, the fact is Chelsea do it more than anyone else) and the 'campaign against Chelsea' nonsense a few months ago.

Man United haven't done too badly this season, we all thought they were a laughing stock after they lost 5-3 at Leicester but they have slowly got into a groove and will be back in the Champions League next season. Arsenal will be in there as they always are, as will Man City though their collapse towards the end will be a concern to their fans. Liverpool have failed to capitalise on last season and have been a bit chaotic in recent months. Daniel Sturridge's inability to get fit, the whirlwind around the imminent departure of the way-past-his-best Steven Gerrard and the Raheem Sterling contract problems have made it a tough year up there. It was fun wondering if Southampton would make the top four, but they could still be in Europe next season if Arsenal win the FA Cup.

At the bottom of the Premier League Leicester have made a Lazarus-like recovery to go from being bottom nearly all season to being out of the bottom three with five games to go. Burnley work extremely hard but don't have the quality to stay in the division, QPR are doomed to be the yo-yo club they are once more and I think Sunderland will be going down too. I thought Hull were in the greatest danger but they have just won two games in a row to pull 4 points clear.

Watford and Bournemouth have been promoted and will be in the PL next season. Watford are a club I'm not a huge fan of - they are yet another from the London area, no real rivals, bankrolled by Italians, that sort of thing. Not very likeable. Bournemouth have Russian money behind them so it's not quite the fairytale that the media have been making it out to be but it will be refreshing to see someone new up there and Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United and the like turning up at Dean Court will be fun to watch.

As for my club, Norwich, we were top of the Championship in September but then had a pretty bad spell until January when the manager decided to resign (some say he jumped before he was pushed) and we had a real resurgence under Alex Neil. Sadly, a few missed opportunities like losing at home to Wigan and drawing away at Rotherham means we missed out on automatic promotion but we are definitely in the play-offs. I'd love to go to Wembley and see my team.

Users who are viewing this thread