Your Cricket Ever been out on...

blake

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not sure if this counts. Before I had ever made a 50, I was on 48* off about 52 balls, was caning the other team... next thing you know, I had to retire. On 48. I was pretty annoyed that I didn't get to make my 50, but you know.. there was a chance that the team would get out and I would be able to come back in again.

A few wickets fell, I got padded up, about 6 or so overs left, plenty of time I thought.. another wicket fell, and then our last partnership proceeded to block out the last 6 overs. Leaving me stranded on 48*, as the next batsmen to come in.

Ever since then I slit my wrists daily.

Wait..

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Not sure if this counts. Before I had ever made a 50, I was on 48* off about 52 balls, was caning the other team... next thing you know, I had to retire. On 48. I was pretty annoyed that I didn't get to make my 50, but you know.. there was a chance that the team would get out and I would be able to come back in again.

A few wickets fell, I got padded up, about 6 or so overs left, plenty of time I thought.. another wicket fell, and then our last partnership proceeded to block out the last 6 overs. Leaving me stranded on 48*, as the next batsmen to come in.

Ever since then I slit my wrists daily.

Wait..

Aaah, that really sucks.

Here in junior cricket legside wides aren't given. So with one ball left and the opposition captain on 49 our quickest bowler deliberately bowled an unhittable legside wide.

Karma exists lads. We were bowled out for 27 the next week.

Hellgood

School Cricketer
I nearly was.. We had a shocking batting team and I was captain, I put myself at 3 just because I could, I came out in the 2nd over and it was one of those really weird games where everyone else is failing and struggling whilst I was feeling perfect, we were 9/70 ish and I was on 49 and our no.11 came out to face the last ball of the over, I tell him to block it out... or else :p He tried to but is bowled by a yorker, fortunately it was a no ball and he somehow survived the next ball, 1st ball of the next over I get a single, next ball he swings and misses and loses all three stumps. I breathe a sigh of relief.

just_cricket

Club Captain
Just last week in a under 15 tournament I had reached 49, and came down the track to their spinner and looked to work it into the leg side, but I just hit it onto my pad. For some unknown reason the opposition appealed and the umpire gave it out. To say I was angry would be a real understatement!

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Just last week in a under 15 tournament I had reached 49, and came down the track to their spinner and looked to work it into the leg side, but I just hit it onto my pad. For some unknown reason the opposition appealed and the umpire gave it out. To say I was angry would be a real understatement!

Wait. You advanced down the wicket, hit the ball, onto the pad, probably down leg...and you were out. That's a joe cocker. I had one in my under 14's tournament last week, their opening bowler game back to try to get me, first ball, a fast yorker, I got the toe of the bat, onto the ground, and the wicketkeeper caught it. They appealed, umpire said out. I'm like wtf, and turn to walk back. Next thing I hear is "scorers, that's LBW!'.

WHAT DA F#CK!

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Wait. You advanced down the wicket, hit the ball, onto the pad, probably down leg...and you were out. That's a joe cocker. I had one in my under 14's tournament last week, their opening bowler game back to try to get me, first ball, a fast yorker, I got the toe of the bat, onto the ground, and the wicketkeeper caught it. They appealed, umpire said out. I'm like wtf, and turn to walk back. Next thing I hear is "scorers, that's LBW!'.

WHAT DA F#CK!

Thats a barry crocker mate.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Back in India a few summers ago, in the juniors, I played in a league where 2 runs were awarded to every extra but you do not get to rebowl the ball. You couldn't get out on front foot extra's though, just as normal.

It was the last over of a 25 over game, I had 4-20 odd figures and really wanted a 5fer. Last ball of the innings, bowl a beauty of an off cutter that the number 8 batsman or so flashed at, got an edge for an easy catch behind. I was elated only to find out that I had overstepped! :crying

blake

School Cricketer
How is that possible?

Er.. it hit the bottom of the bat, bounced off the ground and the wicketkeeper caught it... you know, like a bump ball.. when everyone in the crowd cheers because they think it's an incredible catch but the batsman has just hit it into the ground..

TumTum

International Cricketer
Why couldn't it happen?

The only way it can be given LBW is if the ball is heading towards the stumps, and then it is IMPOSSIBLE to bottom edge a yorker on the bounce to the keepers because the stumps are in the way.

I am totally confused :what

blake

School Cricketer
The only way it can be given LBW is if the ball is heading towards the stumps, and then it is IMPOSSIBLE to bottom edge a yorker on the bounce to the keepers because the stumps are in the way.

I am totally confused :what

Er... cos the umpire was a ******?

Stop worrying about some tiny dilemma.. you're trying to be an Einstein over this.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
It was a yorker, but must have been just outside the off stump. The cherry on the toe is near the edge of the bat/toe, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread