• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

sd92

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
After ECW was brought back by Vince McMahon in 2006, ECW has changed considerably. At first there was a great buzz around, and ECW got high ratings. But the new ECW just hasn't been the same as the old one, and many of the old fans have stopped watching the new ECW. The extreme simply isn't there anymore. Recently ratings have been so low, that Vince McMahon that WWE have been forced to merge Smackdown and ECW in order to salvage some form of a fanbase. This was a success at first but again ECW ratings have dropped drastically low. Vince was all for shutting down the show, and the fact Sci-Fi were reluctant to sign a new TV deal didn't help. As an old friend of Shane and Stephanie, they recommended me to Vince and this is how he came to contact me. Here is the letter Vince sent to me.

WWE To: Simon From: Vincent Kennedy McMahon said:
Dear Simon,
At combination of poor ratings, insufficient matches and unexciting, dull wrestling has made me think seriously about the future of my ECW brand of World Wrestling Entertainment. The fact our show is bringing in very low ratings, and the TV deal with Sci-Fi is likely to be terminated I decided I would be closing the brand. After board meetings on the matter, it was almost concluded and I was preparing my official statement announcing the demise of ECW and when it's closure would take place, when Stephanie and Shane burst into my office. They persuaded me not to close ECW, but i gave them a hard time in doing so. This is were you come into the equation. They told me of an old high school friend, who ran a successful backyard wrestling promotion. But it was forced to close due to personal problems. They told me, you would be the man to salvage ECW, and bring it back to the levels it used to be in the 1990's. Somehow I believed them, and this is how I come to send you this letter. If you are interested in the job of bringing ECW back, as an extreme promotion, one to be aware of just as much as RAW and Smackdown, please meet me at the WWE Headquarters, I will be in my office all day, next Tuesday. Simply go to the reception, and mention your name.

Yours Sincerely,
Vincent Kennedy McMahon
Chairman World Wrestling Entertainment

I was delighted, it was my big chance to enter the business. I had no job at this time anyway, and was living off the pay-off from my previous well-paid job. I met Vince, we talked about how he wanted ECW to come back like how it used to be, EXTREME!! He told me that he had contacted old ECW stars and they would be very interesting in coming back and wrestling. This was my ideal oppurtunity and i signed the new job contract right away. I was working for World Wrestling Entertainment and it was my dream. Vince then showed me a video of how he wanted ECW to be like. It was a compilation video of the old ECW, which was put on the big screen in his office. Click Here for the video...

Let's hope I live up to the job, and make ECW just as popular as it used to be. What a dream this will be to work for WWE, and ECW.

ECW Roster

Extremists
Big Daddy V
Elijah Burke
CM Punk
Tommy Dreamer
Mike Knox
Balls Mahoney
John Morrison
Nunzio
Stevie Richards
Matt Striker
Kevin Thorn
Marcus Cor Von
The Sandman
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Cactus Jack(Mick Foley)
Super Crazy
Paul London
Brian Kendrick
Joey Mercury
Terry Funk

Divas
Kelly Kelly
Layla
Ashley

ECW Pay-Per View Calendar

January-Guilty As Charged
January-Royal Rumble
February-Living Dangerously
March-Wrestlemania
April-Barely Legal
June-Heat Wave
July-Hardcore Heaven
August-Summerslam
September-Anarchy Rulz
October-Massacre on 34th Street
November-Survivor Series
December-December to Dismember

*The Pay-Per-View Events, totally in bold are cross brand events.*

Champions

ECW World Champion-CM Punk
ECW World Tag Team Champions- Elijah Burke & Marcus Cor Von

Last edited:

sd92

International Coach
ECW Preview
What changes will occur tonight on ECW?
Mr McMahon vowed on WWE.com that there would be serious changes on tonight's ECW but what on earth could they be?
Tune in to ECW on Sci-Fi to find out.

Confirmed Card
A new General Manager of ECW will be determind
*p.s it's not me*

NO.1 contenders match for the ECW Tag Team Championship
Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman vs. John Morrison & Joey Mercury (EXTREME RULES)

CM Punk vs. Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam(Non Title)​

Predictions welcome...

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hmm, a new general manager coming into the frame. Iam not sure, I think it may be a WWE reject:p

Good to see that the ECW, is actually going to be EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING again! I love all the blood and weapons;)

I think the winners will be:
I think Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman. Two veterans who will deffo in IMO:)

I love Rob Van Damn - so Iam hoping he can pull of a double Five Star Frog Splash and win.

Last edited:

sd92

International Coach
So Hooper goes for the ECW Originals in favour of the New ECW Extremists. Interesting. Good Luck Jordan, let's hope your predictions are correct.

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Nice presentation. Cactus Jack will end up doing awesome, seeing as he is an extreme legend.

H0wZ4T!

Club Cricketer
Haha, it seems Simon has seen my ideal roster in the wrestling thread for ECW. Good luck with it and I hope you stick to this story.

I am predicting wins for The Hooliganz and Sabu, since he is a death defying maniac.

sd92

International Coach
Indeed Jay. I agreed with you about London & Kendrick, and added a few of my own superstars in there.

Anyone got any predictions for the new GM?

Last edited:

sd92

International Coach
Sorry for being inactive with this story. I have a lot of coursework at the moment. I will hopefully be adding my finishing touches to the show at the weekend.

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Very nice story so far. Like the changes to the PPV's aswell. Best of luck mate.

By the way my predictions are:

Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman vs. John Morrison & Joey Mercury (EXTREME RULES)

CM Punk vs. Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam

New General Manager will be: Shane McMahon

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
A new General Manager of ECW will be determined - Paul Heyman

CM Punk vs. Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam(Non Title)

sd92

International Coach

225px-ExtremeChampionshipWrestling.jpg

Vince McMahon’s music hits and he strolls to the ring, alongside an unfamiliar face. The fans reaction is mixed. Vince and this mysterious male enter the ring, and Vince snatches the microphone from the announcer and orders him to get out of the ring.
“As the Chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment, I am happy to announce that my new executive assistant, who will oversee the ECW brand is, Simon The mic is handed to Simon and Vince leaves the ring. “I watched the revival of ECW, from home and from what I could see, it wasn’t spectacular. Not a shade on the old ECW, from my point of view. I have been appointed to change that, and I will make an impact. Firstly I am making many of the matches Extreme Rules, and making the whole face of ECW in general much more extreme. My first major announcement regarding ECW will be the General Manager. This will not be me as I will be appointing someone, to rule the land of Extreme. So here goes. And your new General Manager is…” Mick Foley’s music hits and the crowd go wild. He walks to the ring, waving to the crowd, and takes a mic. “I would like to thank Simon for giving me the opportunity to manage the greatest brand in sports entertainment history. This is were it all started for me, this is my passion, Extreme Wrestling. After many years, for me, it’s really something special to be managing the company you grew up in. So now, for my first major announ” Stone Cold’s music hits, and the crowd goes wild, he strolls to the ring, drinks some beer and grabs the mic. “As a living legend, in the land of extreme, Stone Cold deserves to be the General Manager. If anyone thinks otherwise, I’ll open a great big can o’ whoopass and serve it right to you and that’s all I got to say about that. So, what do you say Simon.” “Well as a very fair man, I say we have a public vote. Text your answer to 69945. The lines open now.” Stone Cold and Foley leave. “So, my final announcement for the day is a triple threat tag team match to determine the number one contenders for the ECW Tag Team Titles. Oh, and I forgot to mention, the all matches will be contested under some form of Extreme Rules” Huge cheer from the fans. At this Joey Mercury’s and John Morrison’s music hits and they walk to the ring. Simon leaves. They stand in the middle of the ring, and wait for the next opponents. The Sandman’s music hits. Everyone looks around the arena, where is he? He’s finally spotted, along with his partner Tommy Dreamer. Then London & Kendrick’s music hits and they run to the ring. The match gets under way.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman vs. John Morrison & Joey Mercury.
All 6 men stand in a circle in the ring, staring each other down. The first to back down is Joey Mercury who ducks down and out of the ring, and starts looking for weapons. The 5 remaining superstars begin brawling in the centre of the ring. Mercury emerges from under the ring with a steel chair. He throws the chair, which hits Dreamer on the back of the head knocking him to the mat. Mercury then pulls a load of other weapons out from under the ring, setting up some tables near the announce table. Tommy Dreamer gets to his feet as the other superstars continue brawling in the centre of the ring. Dreamer tries to get out of the ring, and is smashed on the head with a steel chair from Mercury. Mercury pulls him up and onto the announce table before body to body suplexing him through the table. Both men lay motionless. Meanwhile both London & Kendrick have been smashed over the head with a trashcan and are lying on the mat. The Sandman and Morrison are brawling in the ring. Sandman counters Morrison and delivers the Russian legsweep, before ducking out of the ring. He brings some tables into the ring, and sets them up. By this time, London & Kendrick are both up and attack Sandman, placing him on the table. Kendrick jumps to the top rope, and backflips through the table and Sandman and pulls him up for the pin. Morrison stops the count at 2, and then is attacked by London with a superkick to the face. Dreamer enters the ring again and closelines London, before hitting him with a trashcan and a steel chair. Kendrick pounces to his feet, and hits the crossbody on Dreamer before raking his eyes and going to the top rope. He dives onto Dreamer with the steel chair underneath him, similar to the offence of Sabu. Mercury is now up, and London backflips off to apron towards him but misses and lands chest first on a steel chair. Morrison is then thrown out of the ring by Sandman towards the announce table, Sandman gets out of the ring, and picks him up and onto the announce table before getting onto the top rope and delivering the high elbow straight through the announce table. Mercury throws a ladder into the ring. Kendrick sets it up, and begins to climb. Mercury quickly follows. The both brawl at the top of the ladder trying to push one another off. At this point, Dreamer gets to his feet and puts the second table on top of the first. He then gets behind the ladder and gradually tips it over. Mercury flies off the top of the ladder and through a table which had been erected outside the ring. Kendrick lands inside the ring, and is pulled up by Dreamer. The ladder is put back up and they both climb up it. They exchange punches before Kendrick gets the upper hand with a rake to the eyes and throws Dreamer off the top of the ladder and chest first through both tables and to the mat below. Kendrick slowly gets down, and pins Dreamer for the win. At this the music of Elijah Burke hits and Burke and Cor Von sprint to the ring and attack Kendrick with a steel chair.

Super Crazy vs. Kevin Thorn. (No Count-Outs)
Both superstars make their entrances and the match begins. The pair brawl in the centre of the ring before Crazy bounces off the ropes and drop kicks Thorn sending him backwards into the turnbuckle. Crazy then flies towards him and runs into a big boot from Thorn. Thorn then goes on the attack, picking Super Crazy above his head and throwing him to the mat outside the ring. He gets out of the ring and walks Crazy up the walkway bouncing his head and body off the barricade on several occasions. Crazy goes down to his knees, and low blows Thorn taking the advantage again. He dropkicks Thorn and the gets back up and climbs the ECW set. Once at the top he waits for Thorn to get to his feet before backflipping and taking him out again. The crowd roar with excitement. Thorn gets back to his feet and is pulled by Crazy back to the ring and then shoved under the bottom rope. Crazy pounces to the top rope, moonsaulting Thorn and rolling him up for the pin.

Jeff Hardy is seen backstage roaming around the arena. He approaches several superstars about matches, all of whom turn him down. He then enters the dressing room, and sees Matt Striker. He asks Matt Striker who accepts the challenge. Jeff looks somewhat surprised and tells Striker that he will see him later. Striker says “wait a minute, one more thing, you won’t actually be facing me” and then out of the showers comes Big Daddy V. Jeff hastily left the dressing room.

Balls Mahoney vs. Mike Knox (Tables Match)
Both superstars make their entrances and the match begins. The pair tussle in the middle of the ring before Mike Knox Irish whips Mahoney into the corner. Knox then goes for the closeline but Mahoney ducks and Knox flies into the turnbuckle. Mahoney ducks out of the ring, and pulls out a table, setting it up by leaning it across from the ring to the barricade. Mahoney gets back into the ring, punching Knox several times before getting to the top rope and taking Knox with him. Mahoney tries to lift Knox up and suplex’s him but can’t do it and Knox powers out and pushes Mahoney off to top rope, sending him straight through the table for the win.

Jeff Hardy vs. Big Daddy V.
Hardy enters and gets a great ovation from the crowd, and Big Daddy V enters with a lot of heat. Daddy V starts off the match attacking Hardy and throwing him into the ropes. Hardy stops himself, climbs to the top rope and goes for the whisper in the wind. Hardy is caught and Big Daddy V throws him over his shoulders and hits the Samoan drop. He then bounces off the ropes and goes for the elbow drop on Hardy and then rolls him up for the pin. He then pulls Hardy up and goes for another Samoan Drop. Jeff’s brother Matt runs in, and smashes a steel chair across the back of Big Daddy V who drops Jeff to the mat. He just turns around so Matt hits him over the head again and is then distracted by Matt Striker who also receives a chair shot from Matt and flies out of the ring. This just enrages Big Daddy V who picks up Matt and Samoan Drops him on top of Jeff before leaving the ring.

CM Punk vs. Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam (Falls Count Anywhere)
All three wrestlers made entrances each getting great ovations from the crowd. Both Sabu and RVD decide to team together against the champion CM Punk. Punk tried to fight back but was beaten to the mat and then thrown out of the ring. Sabu and RVD then went at it, and RVD was then suplexed out the ring, soon to be followed by Sabu who hit the cross body on Van Dam. Van Dam hit his back on the announce table and was lying on the floor in pain. Sabu then went after CM Punk. He jumped back into the ring, set up a steel chair. He then ran, jumping off the steel chair, onto the top rope and towards Punk. CM Punk saw it coming and moved out of the way as Sabu landed face first on the barricade and rolled into the crowd. Punk then went to Van Dam and rolled him up into the pin, but RVD kicked out. Punk pulled RVD to his feet and then suplexed him onto the announce table. Punk then went to the top rope and hit the Pepsi Plunge, sending both men crashing through the announce table. At this point all three men were down. After a good 10 seconds Sabu was the first to get through his feet and got slowly back into the ring. Sabu took the chair he used earlier, got to the top rope with it and hit the flying Arabian facebuster on CM Punk. After several seconds Sabu moved across and pinned Punk, 1, 2, 3 for the win.

Then the cameras cut backstage and showed Vince McMahon walking with Simon. Then Vince McMahon’s music hit and the pair walked out and down into the ring. McMahon snatched the mic from the announcer. He said “Tonight was in a way, Simon’s trial as my executive assistant for ECW. I have to say, I am very impressed with what I have seen. Now is the time to see who the new General Manager of ECW is, so without further ado please welcome Mick Foley. Crowd roars. Foley’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring. “Now please welcome, Stone Cold Steve Austin”. Crowd roars, and music hits and he makes his way to the ring. “So, the lines are now closed, and you have decided who the new General Manager of ECW is. So let’s see the results”. On the big screen above the set, a countdown begins. 5…4…3…2…1… and the results come on the screen and the crowd roars with excitement. The poll shows the result as exactly 50% each between Foley and Stone Cold. “There must be a problem here, who organised this goddamn poll” Vince looks at Simon with an enraged look. Meanwhile Mick Foley tries to shake hands with Stone Cold, who has other ideas. He kicks Foley’s stomach and stunners him in the centre of the ring. He then stops Vince, stunners him and starts saluting the crowd. He goes towards the turnbuckle but sees Simon turns to him, stunners him and then cracks open some beer and pours it all over him and Vince. He then gets to the top rope and does his signature beer drinking as ECW goes off air.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predictions

H0wZ4T – 2
THE BARMY ARMY – 1
Hooper - 0
The Spin – 0

Last edited:

sd92

International Coach
You may ask.

I am using my brain, google images, and wikipedia.

Other than that, nothing. No EWR etc.

sd92

International Coach
is nobody interested in this story? if so, i'll close it down.

Users who are viewing this thread