Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Only for pacers.
THE NO BOWLING METER CONTROL SCHEME.

Step 1.
Holding ball in hand resulting in type of delivery.

A big close up picture of ball in bowlers hand with both las and ras controlling the way the ball is held. Should result in many types of deliveries.

Step 2.
Runup. Running of a bowler.

Continous Las up n down movement determines the runup . can b slow or fast effecting bowlers ryhthm.( setting up of run up steps should also b there)

Step 3.
Jump n release

Ras. Same as now .Release should determine the lenght and line.
+
Las direction and movement speed controls the wrist/finger movement. Resulting in cutters slower delivery etc.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
For career another thing that would make it interesting is getting the data of the career player against whom he has a history of getting out and against whom he goes big etc..For bowling career as well..This should be reflected on the confidence level which should have an effect on the game play of the batsman like lesser footwork, getting tensed and staying on the backfoot.Trying to get a single than anything else etc..

For such a thing the data of performance against that specific bowler or batsman should be given along with commentary, maybe even the audience sound and stadium environment getting intense..That kind of pressure situation would be great feel to the game...

D

Dutch

Only for pacers.
THE NO BOWLING METER CONTROL SCHEME.

Step 1.
Holding ball in hand resulting in type of delivery.

A big close up picture of ball in bowlers hand with both las and ras controlling the way the ball is held. Should result in many types of deliveries.

Step 2.
Runup. Running of a bowler.

Continous Las up n down movement determines the runup . can b slow or fast effecting bowlers ryhthm.( setting up of run up steps should also b there)

Step 3.
Jump n release

Ras. Same as now .Release should determine the lenght and line.
+
Las direction and movement speed controls the wrist/finger movement. Resulting in cutters slower delivery etc.
I appreciate step 1 but step two is a no goer for me: just becomes button mashing and has no real relation to gameplay but becomes a minigame in a game. I could imagine that you could have to hold the line of the run up.....so you are from the beginning setting yourself a target on the bowling crease and having to hold the player to that line creating more rhythm accuracy and speed depending on how well you achieve it

In essence that is what the spinbowling mechanism is: a mini game. The three rotations is pretty arbitary. One rotation which is dependant on ryhthm, accuracy and speed determines how well the ball comes out of the hand....that makes more sense to me.

chaman82

County Cricketer
I appreciate step 1 but step two is a no goer for me: just becomes button mashing and has no real relation to gameplay but becomes a minigame in a game. I could imagine that you could have to hold the line of the run up.....so you are from the beginning setting yourself a target on the bowling crease and having to hold the player to that line creating more rhythm accuracy and speed depending on how well you achieve it

In essence that is what the spinbowling mechanism is: a mini game. The three rotations is pretty arbitary. One rotation which is dependant on ryhthm, accuracy and speed determines how well the ball comes out of the hand....that makes more sense to me.

Yes...need more suggestions.

Somehow big ant should make a system so that bowling the same perfect balls over and over again is genuinely difficult.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yes...need more suggestions.

Somehow big ant should make a system so that bowling the same perfect balls over and over again is genuinely difficult.
Yeah for that a "Rhythm" meter would be great addition..Should depend on form, team against record, facing batsman etc..
For both batting and bowling..

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Appreciate the square drive was a late addition and maybe not as thoroughly tested as some others, but I think it might be a little overpowered and in need of better balance.

jwG3W5r.jpg

can't put my finger on what makes me think that...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey, It's Viv... looks perfectly acceptable.

D

Deleted member 149013

Doing so was the entire point of this post I made a few days ago, to point out that despite the people who post disagreeing that it's something to care about - that feedback and feature suggestions like that are listened to or at least are valid. Equally though - me knowing about what features are or aren't in the game makes it more difficult for me to participate in some discussions. Defending the merit of a particular suggestion would easily result in people thinking that it is a confirmation of it.

The reason I'm jumping in now? This post:

In response to a post that was entirely constructive, and agreed with the poster he was replying to - you took it upon yourself to take another swipe. If you're going to skip his "boring statements" - put him on your ignore list and drop the running commentary.

You just jumped in to help your friend which is fair enough but an admin, a more neutral way would be now come on lads that’s enough but all this crap you have said isn’t fooling me.

Biggs and Dave said things too but I guess that got overlooked and I have seen far worse comments than what I said the other night go left by admin or staff.

I think it was wrong what you did.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I think it was wrong what you did.
By suggesting that his post wasn't replying to you, given it made no reference directly to your post or suggestion?

You even started with "What are you going on about I am not talking about leaderboards?" - perhaps a good sign that he's not talking about what you're talking about.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In stumps/wickets option, there must be zing wicket system or lights in it like in current ICC T20 cricket cups. Also few editors as below

Editors
- stadium (that already confirmed)
- ground (outfield/inner circle grass and that impact rolling shots)
- pitch making like we can make any pitches (hardness level, grass level, soil type, dust level, cracks level, condition level) also wearing of pitch impact the gameplay
- weather like keep changing after 30 hr interval and synced like weather dynamism in driveclub or projectcars game also impact gameplay
- crowd like home/away noise, neutral, half full, House full jam pack like in India, crowd noise effects
- celebrations like after wikts, 4s, 6s, milestones, 50s 100s etc, angry looks etc
- Kits designs so we can design any type of kit even that will introduce in future by ICC
- match scenario to revive the history
- UI editors for in game display and main screen themes,

Thanks,

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
The type of pitch should have some bearing on the behavior of delivery. Also the swing and seam were not very pronounced. Such factors give life to the vibrant game that is cricket. I hope all these things are vastly improved in DBC 17.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Users who are viewing this thread