Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

To be honest, that's pretty symptomatic of fielding in general. It's never going to be the "go-to" career choice for players. The option to manually field in the current game is pretty laborious if you want to be that involved in standing in the field throughout your career at slips. Curious as to what you would suggest BA do to make "people interested" more in fielding? We've already had cut-scenes and mini-games for fielding in previous titles which were more annoying than anything else and I would say the majority of people have DBC set to semi-auto anyway?

Fielding is a necessary part of the sport, and a terrible thing for a game. It's never added anything to any Cricket game IMO, only made them longer. :)

I actually think BA get the fielding right on the semi auto: having to make the catches & decide which end to throw to etc. but the rest taken care of.

I'd add something for jumping at the boundary & trying to stay inside it rather than go over, but that's about it.

I actually think BA get the fielding right on the semi auto: having to make the catches & decide which end to throw to etc. but the rest taken care of.

I'd add something for jumping at the boundary & trying to stay inside it rather than go over, but that's about it.
Yeah and also addition of smoother looking animations for tapping the ball back and even passing to another fielder to make the throw while the other fielder slides past boundary...

Even for wrong end throw the players ,mostly the bowler and WK can show some frustration on a bad return..I feel the type of throw must be under our control..Pitching the ball for the WK to have an easy way to pick and hit the stumps to fuller throw which becomes harder to get hold of the ball..So it just isnt getting run outs regardless of how bad you throw..There must be some terms to get run outs right..

The one thing about fielding is......it looks good and entertains: thats where the work needs to be done...lunging stops, diving catches, tandem throws, spills, fumbles, mix ups.....this makes me think as well that the ai should be able to initiate a run when I am batting....makes it more unpredictable...

The one thing about fielding is......it looks good and entertains: thats where the work needs to be done...lunging stops, diving catches, tandem throws, spills, fumbles, mix ups.....this makes me think as well that the ai should be able to initiate a run when I am batting....makes it more unpredictable...
Yeah but how would you want them to be implemented? Skills attributed or even RAS for fielding a ball like catch, so timing becomes a factor...In such a case fumbles in field can become a problem...We can have the ball pickup timing bigger for easy and straight forward fielding and appropriate timing for diving and tap ball back in near boundaries, if the timing window narrows correct timing should tap the ball in, If early then just a hand movement and no contact with the ball, if late then the ball touching the tips of the fingers and going to boundary..This would make even fielding interesting..

Yeah but how would you want them to be implemented? Skills attributed or even RAS for fielding a ball like catch, so timing becomes a factor...In such a case fumbles in field can become a problem...We can have the ball pickup timing bigger for easy and straight forward fielding and appropriate timing for diving and tap ball back in near boundaries, if the timing window narrows correct timing should tap the ball in, If early then just a hand movement and no contact with the ball, if late then the ball touching the tips of the fingers and going to boundary..This would make even fielding interesting..
My point is that I would rather enjoy watching fielding done properly than push buttons with fielding done badly...

I play as the whole team and have fielding set to manual I actually don't mind doing the fielding as you get to field every ball and keeps you involved in the whole game

I play as the whole team and have fielding set to manual I actually don't mind doing the fielding as you get to field every ball and keeps you involved in the whole game
Yeah fielding choices differs according to their preference...So its better to cover all the modes- Manual, Semi Manual and Full Automatic.

lol true...but that's IRL. cricket, even for a shorter form game (excl 20/20s) is an all day event (not to mention tests). I would prefer BA focus their time and energy on:

1. the actual cricket gameplay (pitches, ball movement, ball wear, reverse swing, speed, swing, spin, etc);
2. pitches and its impact on the ball; and
3. developing a career mode that actually makes you feel involved...which doesn't include Michael Clarke still batting at No 4 for Aust in 20 years' time (in game) because the batting lineups can't be changed.

than developing fielding.

I like what they did with spinning (incorporating the sticks) however theory and practice aren't always the same....I found it difficult to try to bowl RH offspin because my thumb just doesn't do clockwise efficiently like it does anticlockwise, so it basically took out a whole line of bowling for me.

@BigAntStudios @MattW
few tweaks must be in DBC17 to feel the game more good, like
- Changing keeper location
- Fulltoss as if its perfect then little bit lower that waist height or if not then no-ball form waist height perspective
- Stamina,health and confidence impact
- Weather impact on swing, dampness after rain, extra bounce shiny pitch
- Ground grass impact on rolling strokes
- Home/away crowd or crowd noise
- More Pitch options and its impact
- Bouncer and yorker lot of improvement needed like if that hits on head or toe that impact health level
- Option in spin as to select RPM or SPEED (like in real)
- Increase speed while medium or fast bowler start run-up as form game perpective that bit slow (there must be option of run-up speed like normal or fast as in EA cricket 07)
- Higher difficulty AI must bowl more yorkers or slow balls to disturb the player timing etc
- While chasing its stiil if 15 or 20 needed AI make single or play rolling strokes which is not reality, AI must playing aggressive or more lofted shots

Thanks BA for birnging such cricket games

*Want to see different outfield types such as fast, damp (after rain), long grasses, dusty etc.
Balls should act according to the outfield type. In the fast outfield the ball will race away to the boundary just after crossing 30 yard circle. In the damp fields the ball will stop just the way it does in real matches and so on.
*Can have variations in grass color even like deep green (england's outfield) , faded (india, bangladesh)

*Want to see different outfield types such as fast, damp (after rain), long grasses, dusty etc.
Balls should act according to the outfield type. In the fast outfield the ball will race away to the boundary just after crossing 30 yard circle. In the damp fields the ball will stop just the way it does in real matches and so on.
*Can have variations in grass color even like deep green (england's outfield) , faded (india, bangladesh)

Generally speaking, international outfields are at a good standard. What variations I would like to see is the size of the outfield in terms of length of boundaries (e.g. leg side boundary slightly larger than the offside for example). Then again, this already exists so all is well :)

A couple of additional thoughts I had:

Create a competition with teams, and save that competition set up. i.e. I might create the Associate intercontinental cup and save it with the associate teams rather than have random teams every time I start a new instance and have to repopulate it. (A flag on the competition of whether to randomise teams or retain the set up would be a good way to implement it.)

Allow us to break down statistics for “Other” match types – e.g. I might want to see the difference between the 1 wicket online games, my 4-ball an over competition etc.

Users who are viewing this thread