Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

okay after a few days of finally playing DB14, here's my updated list of stuff I'd like to see in the next iteration:

1. More/better commentators
2. Expanded career where you actually get to play 2nd and/or 1st grade cricket before hitting state level. No wonder everyone struggles with batting...you go from zero to facing Coulter-Nile! lol. No, start at Div 2 where the fastest bowling is Med-Fast, with most bowlers being Med to Med-Fast (and spin), with Fast bowlers only being in Div 1 say. That way by the time you get to State level, you're already experienced.
3. Opportunity to play for say U21s and Aust A and PM's XI against touring sides
4. Ability to practice bowling in the nets
5. Ability to practice in the nets using YOUR career player
6. ability to edit your player's features after you start your career (don't think you can)
7. inclusion of a social media aspect ala FIFA/NBA where good performances are noted (eg. I took 11 wickets in my first 4 day game for Qld.....but no mention of it anywhere).

yeah those are good ideas.
I don't know why you can't change your player appearance once you start your career.

Might have been said before but it'd be great to be able to set bowlers with more than one bowling style (eg Sobers, Funky Miller, Symonds, etc).

I think editable kits & bats, Umpires, Fielding Radar and ability to reset the record history for all players.

This game is great fun, but for me it falls flat on its face the second the ball leaves the bat. The camera work is flawed in that you just don't know if you can run or not. So many times I have only picked up a single when 2 runs were more than possible due to not knowing when it was completely safe to run. There has to be a radar feature added. It could appear in any screen corner the second you hit the ball. Just to know 100% if you could run or not as soon as you hit the ball.

P.S If ross or any bigant guys are reading this could you shed some light on why you decided that we couldn't customise the attributes for the ai? You let us fully customise the skills but not things such as throwing accuracy or running speed.

Last edited:
Sledging

Sledging Baby!!! @BigAntStudios

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

There should be sledging integrated in the next iteration. Sledging should have impact on game play mechanics where for e.g. if we are playing with AI the AI could become more aggressive during that over etc..

Excessive sledging should have consequences in career mode in the form of being dropped from games, negative skill points, BANS ohhh:wave

Last edited:

It doesn't seem beyond the realms of probabilty that this could one day be included. Given that things like walking, shining the ball and appealing is all in the game already. There could be a hidden background stat for something along the lines of "mental toughness" or whatever and players with a low rating are targets for sledging...and vice versa. The risk comes from not knowing whether the rating is high or low and if you sledge someone with a high rating it spurs them on throughout their innings.

I think this thread might be a better place for this post than Patch 2 bug fixes...

Other than improved AI batting (more solid) and an enhanced online gameplay, which should be addresed in the 2nd patch, I would love to see the following enhancements in DBC 14...

1. "Create a Scenario" feature - This is one feature which would allow unlimited replayability and take the game to an even higher level. Essentially this would allow us to create our own classic scenarios and we wouldn't be constrained by the numbers of scenarios we can create. Here's how I envision this feature to work...

a) Select the difficulty level (Legend, Expert, Pro etc.)
b) Select the two teams.
c) Select the type of match - Tests, odis or T20s - along with other match attributes (6 or 8 ball over, type of pitch, no. of overs in a day, timeless test or a 5 day test etc.)
d) Select the status of the game, i.e. what's the current state of the game from which you want to start playing out the scenario. E.g., you can select it's the 3rd innings of the game with Team A batting first and scoring 600, Team B bowled out for 220 in 2nd innings and are following on in 3rd innings with the score 20/1. You can resume the game from this position to replicate Botham's Ashes Test from 81 or the famous Laxman's knock against Aussies. Similarly in odis you can have Team A's score as 213 and Team B on 160/6 to replicate the famous Aus-SA WC semi final from 1999, or you can create the famous 438-434 game between Aussies and SA. I mean the possibilities are endless.
e) Finally you select the team you are playing as, batsmen at the crease at the time (or batsmen who have been dismissed already) and the moment in time in the match, i.e. Day 3 over no. 21 for Tests or over no. 44 for odis.

This will allow us to create endless scenarios. It will also help the game retain its longevity for users who have become good at the game and AI doesn't provide much of a challenge as they can create unrealistic or extremely testing scenarios such as chasing 810 to win in 4th innings on a cracking pitch on Day 3. Or in odis trying to chase 500 on a bouncy pitch against WI of 80s.

2. Add a sliding bar difficulty for different aspects of the game similar to Madden. E.g., in Madden you can select have a sliding bar difficulty for QB passing, running, pass defense, run defense etc. and if you are good at passing the ball but suck at running the ball you select QB passing at slider position 15 out of 20 and for running the ball you have the slider setting set to say 7 out of 20.

Similarly we can have difficulty level for batting, bowling, fielding/catching and AI. Thus if I am good at batting, moderate at bowling and suck at fielding but want the AI to be extremely competitive tactically I can select the slider settings for batting as 16 out of 20, slider for bowling can be at 12 out of 20, for fielding/catching it can be 6 out of 20 and AI setting can be 18 out of 20. Thus I can ramp up difficulty level of each individual aspect of cricket without compromising on the AI or cricketing experience.

In future even the AI settings can be broken into AI Batting, AI Bowling, AI Fielding and AI Tactics so you can fine tune the AI as well.

3. Add a setting or slider for viewing the line & length circle around the ball (that red/green/yellow thingy) early or late. People have different reaction time and IMO this setting can enhance the gaming experience for a lot of people. Currently plenty of folks can't judge line & length of he ball early enough to select front & back foot or choose a shot to play and end up pre-mediating the foot selection or the shot.

There could be 3 settings, i.e. 1 (1 sec), 2 (2 sec) or 3 (3 sec) which would mean the amount of time you get to judge the line & length. E.g., for someone with fast enough reaction time a setting of 1 would suffice and he/she will be able to view the line & length circle a second before the ball is delivered. For majority of the folks a setting of 2 should be good enough and for people who are poor at gaming or controls a setting of 3 would be good as they would see the circle 3 secs before the ball is delivered. That would mean you could see the circle as the bowler is running in with the ball sometimes but this is still a better option than the pitch marker.

I must say, I'd expect to see a massively improved game in terms of stats output. For what seems simple to manufacture, there is really nothing to see for what is supposed to be a sport full of stats.

I think a radar and arrows for the line of f/fm bowlers would enhance batting
1. Left/ right arrow for line (fast/ fast medium bowlers only) . This arrow can appear next to the ball from release till the ball hits the pitch then disappear. Left/ right arrows for balls pitching outside off/ leg . not required for balls pitching in line with the batsmen. Left/right arrows should not appear for balls pitching slightly outside the line to keep drs effective. This would open up the off side when batting atm I find myself playing in the v and leg side, because the reaction time for fast and fast medium bowlers is quite minimum. For spin and medium pacers it is not required.
2. Field radar with a vector that appears after a shot. This way after u played a shot ,say u hit a fielder u can be like if the balls there again ill try and get it left/right of the fielder. This would increase the batsmens view. This vector should only appear after u have hit the ball and disappear when the bowlers at his mark again for the next ball.

I posted this in the "Patch 2" thread, but is probably more applicable here:

A) Batsman AI. Fast bowling just doesn't feel like it's represented well. Sure the gameplay mechanic is good, no problems there. The issue is with how the AI play when you bowl. It doesn't seem to matter how quick you bowl - the AI never seem to be rushed, even tail enders. Also, when you bowl a good delivery the batsman don't really play down the wrong line - eg bowl a great out swinger but the batsman plays outside the line of the ball when they are "fooled", where as they should be play and missing on the inside of the ball. They also miss the ball by a foot when they are beaten, instead of a ball moving just enough past the bat to hit the pads or clip the stumps. It's either miss by a foot or nothing. So basically the lack of reaction to pace and realistic reaction to being beaten are issues, not to mention lack of edges but that has been bought up many times before.

B) Batting mechanic just doesn't give you enough time to react properly. I love that fast balls actually feel fast - this shouldn't change, but there has to be a way of giving players a bit more forewarning of where the ball will land if we are to make decisions on shot types and modifiers as the ball is bowled. I want to be able to leave good balls outside off, decide to smack the cover off a half-volley, concentrate on finding the gap through covers but this just isn't possible at the moment and most of it comes down to premeditation, especially for the shot modifiers.

This could be controversial, but I'm going to suggest a "doughnut" on the pitch (but not adjusted for swing or drift) just as the bowling player would normally flick the stick up to bowl. This would give batting players the extra split second needed to make a proper decision about playing the ball and the actual speed of the deliveries wouldn't need to be toned down. It would also be more realistic in representing batsman in real life picking up where the ball is going to pitch just as it leaves the bowlers hand.

Would like to see scenario interactions with ability of player to choose the decision like career mode of NBA2k14. There should be attribute for your team chemistry, more you have, more confident the captain would invest on you to promote up the batting/bowling order. More low you are( like you keep running out your partner in other end ), it is less likely that you would get more opportunities in the match.

1. History matches rewind
2. Custom stadiums (to avoid license issues) like to customize ground pattern, name, location, ground length, boundary length from all sides, pitch hardness, ground hardness, grass level, sponsor on stumps/ground/boundry/boundary banners/stadium enclosures/stadium capacity/public volume/ground even uneven etc.
3. Red circle around the ball (custom)
4. Team stats (complete detail for completed matches)
5. more retro kits
6. replays option (all/only wkts/4s&6s etc)
7. more regular kit patterns

Users who are viewing this thread