Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

ellgieff

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The nets does give feedback in relation to timing.

But not to be rude, isn't all the feedback there on the screen? You can easily tell if you were early or not.. and where your footwork went, and where your bat went.

I think the major problem people face is thinking they pushed the analogue stick in a certain direction when in reality there's usually a margin of up to 25 degrees either side that we are actually pushing in (for me it's probably more like 60 degrees).

Yeah, it's the direction I've pushed the analogue stick that I'd most like to see.

And no, the feedback isn't there. I can't easily tell if I was early or late - if I could, I wouldn't be asking for the feedback.

It's not rude as much as it's patronising. Thanks.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I would love to see "after game presentation ceremony". Like, the MOTM expressing his thoughts or something.

I wouldn't. Plus it would get boring after/before the first time. And you would need a lot of different questions and answers, as well as voices.

fundj112

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Editable kits and uniform gives lot of fun and a good feel and any name calling by commentator and fielders will be good too.

Copernicus

Club Cricketer
Not sure how practical this is, but it'd be really helpful for creating players more accurately if you could set their skills for individual shots (e.g. Allan Border, who only had about 3 shots in his repertoire but was really bloody good at them). Also shot placement as a batting skill, since some players just seem to have a talent for picking the gaps.

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not sure if this is a part of the current game but I'd like to have the player get more clues regarding line and length of the ball once he is settled in or has better skill. So for example

1. Sachin Tendulkar because of better skill set will get clues regarding line and length of the ball early at the start of the innings than say Ashwin

2. As the batsman gets settled in, he will start getting clues earlier so by the time he reaches 100, he will see the ball properly

3. Something similar for the bowlers too

speletjiesvraat

School Cricketer
Something I think that would be a nice feature and would help with the batting difficulty, is a 'warm up' session similar to the "free running" sort of thing that other sport games have while the match is loading. Think of something like fifa where, as the game loads, you are running on the field and can kick the ball around a bit until the 'press start' prompt pops up.

This would be especially great in career mode for those situations where you are an all-rounder who has just bowled for an hour or so, and suddenly have to face a tricky spinner or killer pace bowler. I think it is still within the scope of realism this brand aims for ? as a batsman(the good old school days), I always had someone chuck me a few balls before an innings to get the hand eye coordination going.

Radders

School Cricketer
How about an academy for making stadiums as well as players? There's obviously a lot of talent out there why not give them the tools and see what happens?

mertles

School Cricketer
I'd really like something to do while waiting to be matched up in an online quick match. Have currently been waiting 20 mins to be matched up. Practice in the nets if nothing else would be good. Even better would be to be able to play a local game while waiting.

Also, if the Wii U does take off with Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Brothers being released this year, a Wii U version would be great. Couldn't think of any better use for the controller than DBC two player local play. Surely it's what the controller was designed for? Won't hold my breath though! :)

sarkazm

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi all.
  • more stadiums - licensed or not
  • an option to adjust how many or what replays. Bit of a drag seeiing a replay after every ball - maybe limit to wickets, boundaries, etc.
  • Full season - should be able to play in the finals of domestic comps if your team makes it in career mode
  • Career mode - add fielding points. Don't remember which version it was, but in one of the baseball games, you had an opportunity to improve your fielding skill or at the least helped advance your experience level. Could be things like chance to perform a run out; a catch at slips; prevent a boundary; outfield catch, etc. I know a lot of people don't particularly like or enjoy these types of mini games, but would add another dimension and certainly shouldn't happen every game.
  • More animation of players after a dismissal - fielding side. Would be nice to see a few different celebrations by bowlers or fielders as it's kind of a little sedate as currently is.
That's about it, loving everything else but struggling with batting! Getting there.
Cheers

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
[*]Full season - should be able to play in the finals of domestic comps if your team makes it in career mode

This is in the current iteration, however a bug is causing seasons to finish after 11 games which misses the finals in alot of longer comps. I believe this is in the first patch.

11Ryan11

Club Captain
Hi,

Dont know if this has been mentioned or even if it is in the game right now (patiently waiting to purchase the pc version) but a nice feature to have in the game would be the batsmen having the option to meet in the middle between overs or when a new batsmen arrives. The player can then have a few on screen options to choose from to issue the other batsmen. For instance if the player is the set or inform batsmen he can request the other batsmen just farm the strike and not be to aggressive in his shot making or if the player wants to try up the run rate he can request the other batsman be more aggressive.

Its just an idea I thought I would share otherwise can't comment to much as I have yet to play the game.

My second post in the five years Ive been visiting this site (1st post was in 2009) I think I'm getting the hang of this.:yes

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
My idea is simple one, more stats next time like highest test/oneday so on scores for the teams and also please fix the scorecards, maidens and 4 and 6 so on.:spy

Toonga

Club Cricketer
Can't believe some basic have been over looked despite all the nice touches with in the game.

Following needs to be patched in to game or in the iteration:

- Fielding Radar (esp when batting)
- Target score off how many balls remaining included from the main screen & score summary
- More Graphs (Worm & Manhattan Graphs etc)
- Ability to play matches in a series in more than one venue

These basics to start with are a must

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My favourite thing in life, "I can't beleive....." :)

----------

How about an academy for making stadiums as well as players? There's obviously a lot of talent out there why not give them the tools and see what happens?

Very high on the list for sure.

westy441984

School Cricketer
so many ppl suggesting the radar for batting. why not just a zoom button so we can see the boundary!!!

Users who are viewing this thread