Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

@Ross...

The game is good. The only things you really should look at adding/improving are

- The animations should be a lot better. Looks quite quite iffy at present. Like just work on the fluidity of the players and add a bit of realism to movements.
- Mo cap should be given additions. Like a fast bowler in edit mode should have 2 or 3 action variations. Same for leggies and offies etc....
- A few more physical additions to the Academy obviously with kit types and all that.
- Stadiums more...
- Licensing would be nice but not a must. Kit licensing would be good to have though. like brand names for bats and all.
- The scorecards and score details(when playing bottom left) should be made to look better. Not just basic font and gray colouring. And more details when batsman is walking in.
- Post game man of the match cut scene would be cool..very basic and doesnt have to be a big thing.
- Pretty basic list actually as you guys have made a very good start in DBC !!

Mate cricket is the second most popular sport in the world. I know theres the Indian copyright thing and all so dont start that arguement. Just saying cricket is 2nd in the world. Ea are just Yankees. Yankees have no time for cricket.
If you "know theres the Indian copyright thing" - what is the point you're trying to make, aside from needless and pathetic swipes at Americans?

The CEO of EA is Australian, and even did an interview with this site as part of his role producing EA Cricket 2005. But obviously it's just EA being "Yankees" that means they don't make cricket games, rather than the economics of it.

@Ross...

The game is good. The only things you really should look at adding/improving are

- The animations should be a lot better. Looks quite quite iffy at present. Like just work on the fluidity of the players and add a bit of realism to movements.
- Mo cap should be given additions. Like a fast bowler in edit mode should have 2 or 3 action variations. Same for leggies and offies etc....
- A few more physical additions to the Academy obviously with kit types and all that.
- Stadiums more...
- Licensing would be nice but not a must. Kit licensing would be good to have though. like brand names for bats and all.
- The scorecards and score details(when playing bottom left) should be made to look better. Not just basic font and gray colouring. And more details when batsman is walking in.
- Post game man of the match cut scene would be cool..very basic and doesnt have to be a big thing.

The "only" things that need adding?

So you value a MOTM cut scene over an AI that can set appropriate fields?

Moving on...

If you "know theres the Indian copyright thing" - what is the point you're trying to make, aside from needless and pathetic swipes at Americans?

The CEO of EA is Australian, and even did an interview with this site as part of his role producing EA Cricket 2005. But obviously it's just EA being "Yankees" that means they don't make cricket games, rather than the economics of it.

Asked by zimrahil:
Does the CPU pace their innings intelligently for a change, like keeping wickets intact for a final assault when chasing a large total in a one-day match, or if CPU only requires 10 of the last 5 overs with 4 wickets left, will it bat sensibly and cautiously to ensure the win and not just slog at every ball. I.e is the match situation now taken into account ?

Yes. This is something that we have worked hard on this year. Writing situation specific AI is a challenge, but something that we believe we have made significant advances on.

What a load of bull that reply was

Mate cricket is the second most popular sport in the world. I know theres the Indian copyright thing and all so dont start that arguement. Just saying cricket is 2nd in the world. Ea are just Yankees. Yankees have no time for cricket.

The best selling Cricket Games of all time have, AFAIK, never gone over 1m units in total.
Each and every FIFA sells around 5m on *launch* and far, far more over its lifetime.

Incedentally, as Matt W states: the Head of EA Sports is Australian... their COO is an Englishman. And they are based in Canada. Not exactly "Yankees".

If everyone from planetcricket just bought 100 copies each we could secure the future of cricket games forever.

If everyone from planetcricket just bought 100 copies each we could secure the future of cricket games forever.

Great idea! You can send me $8000 dollars to pay for that and probably $8000 for every other pc member.

@Ross...

- Stadiums more...

Your list with "only things to work on" is tough to take seriously when it omits the biggest gripes...

1. AI
2. Online gameplay
3. Field settings
4. Player skills, attributes, match conditions and their impact on gameplay such as edges, play & miss etc.

Hello

Another good enhancement (if it's possible) would be for users to be able to play a World Cup online over several users in different location.

For example If you had 8 users online at the same time each player would be able to pick a team and then play the group matches all at the same time and then when it came to the semi finals/final those players who have been knocked out could be able to just watch the matches being played.

Basil.

Just calm down kids ! Sorry I forgot a couple of things in my overview, I was just speaking off the top of my head. As for the Yankee thing, well no need to get so touchy. "Yankee" is not a derogatory term I might add. Everyone has their own opinion on life and its going ons. I think people just are a tad bored and like picking up an arguement when the slightest of chances presents itself. Be calm, Be calm.

Dont worry Flake , their is a certain entitlement happening when youve been on this site for a while.

All your suggestions are defnitly not gonna detract from the gaming experience at all , but yes , they are not the priorities for now .

I would assume all of this has been mentioned before but I would really like to see more customisation of animations. Allow create a player to include batting styles and bowling style - a Lara high backlift, a Gooch upright stance, a McCullum flourish etc. Same for bowling, front on for the seam bowlers and classic side on for the swingers etc.

I also want to see many more shots, with an option for signature shots. Vaughan had his cover drive, Damian Martyn the check drive, AB De Villers the slog scoop (I have no idea what you call that shot...), Lara the one leg pull etc. This could be your go to shot, with the ability to practice and add more to become a full 360 degree player. The more you practice, the more opportunities open up but these are still risky shots. In addition, we obviously need slog sweeps, lap sweeps, square drives, advancing shots along the floor, etc. I'd also like to see more control over how hard you hit the ball - the ability to drop it for a single or try and hammer it through the field would be very welcome. In line with this, more control over placement - I want to be able to cover drive in different areas, not the same line and equally, I want to play shots through the leg side in front of and behind square.

There a lot of other touches I am hoping for. Leg byes for instance, where is clips going down leg and races away. Bowlers following through properly and not being the best fielder on the park. More edges (thick, thin, under and out of control) when you play the wrong line or the wrong shot to different lengths.

Field settings based on how I am planning on bowling would also be nice - set a plan with the captain and the field gets adjusted. For instance, death bowling yorkers - bring up third man and fine leg, send back mid on and mid off. Straight bowling for a LBW candidate - short midwicket comes in to catch or a more aggressive option gives you short leg as well. Short bowling brings a different field. Then, you don't bowl to plan and you leave gaps that can be exploited. An option to fine tune the field will probably be required but having the captain set a field for a plan would feel more immersive that setting a field yourself, imo.

Or, you know, you implement the England tailender plan and watch sixes sail over the leg side boundary...

Last edited:
after watching various kits in "DBC mod for PC", please include KIT creator in next iteration where all these kits at least available for PS4 and we can create our own kits of any design/type etc.

Users who are viewing this thread