Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

sarkazm

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi all.

Probably already been mentioned however, while it's late I'll add my piece:
  • a variety of different bowling styles, i.e. the way each bowler runs in and delivers the ball. Doesn't have to be very many, just enough for variety - might also add to the batting challenge if having to 'adapt' to different delivery types
  • more spots to put fielders
  • each nationality having a relevant accent
  • commentators calling all players -can do it in RLL3 so shouldn't be too hard
  • commentators - don't care if well known or not and add more and more accurate 'phrases', etc.
  • work on shadows and night time visual - players don't have 1 shadow when multiple lights on
  • keep the modding options open
  • a better way to add all the extra mods - create more spaces for all mods, i.e 3 kits per team, 3 sponsors per team, seperate shirt & hat emblems, more sponsor spots on clothing, more than 4 colours for kits (mainly for us who struggle with that limitation). Creating all those extra folders just for mods seems excessive - I guess it's to do with pirating? More bats, more stumps, etc., etc.
  • more stadiums - don't care if real or not
  • add the option to select which grounds will be used for a competition or a tour
  • replicate the grounds better, i.e. sub-continent grounds aren't all nice and evenly covered with grass. Add the dust bowl pitches and less grass on outfields
  • seagulls on some grounds (MCG, etc.)
  • with the editable kits - as part of opening up modding, supply all the kit templates
That should do for now.
Cheers.

Paras Jasal

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Can anyone tell if its coming next year or next to next year and any other news about the new game?
Anyway here is my wishlist:
-----Career Mode-----
1)Auctions for domestic leagues like IPL, BBL etc
2)Introduce currency to allow us to buy different things i.e Bats, Accessories and some other things maybe which perhaps could give a small boost to our stats for examples shoes for running and all
3)For God's sake please, International competitions i.e World cup, champs trophy and there are countless others and this is really important as it just takes fun out of game when you become captain of international and there are all series and all
4)National anthems pre-world cup matches
5)Form & Ratings: a Player should have a form like if he hasnt played well in some matches his form should drop and vice versa and based on it, ratings can be shown along with stats of a player
6)Evolution, with this i mean random computer generated young players coming in internationals replacing old ones and also automatic batting order changes depending upon the form of players which opens the possibility of us being dropped from the team as well
7)Rivalries: Add some rivalries, eg Ind vs Pak, Eng vs Aus etc and then the teams would play better and the matches would be tougher etc.
8)Player Emotions: This really has to be added as player emotions certainly effect his play. For example if he is hit for some sixes he would make mistakes or angry and like in last overs he could be under pressure and make mistakes and all and also home ground advantage and all
9)Sledging (Not really a problem if not added): It could maybe be added and effect player emotions as well?
10) Practice matches with our own team maybe?

-----General----
1) Commentatory: Better phrases and less repitition, also the name of commentators should be shown in the start of the match so
2)Crowd: always when i see the crowd it looks like they are just lazy and sleepy people :P please make improvements to it and also some of the crowd could be wearing home team dresses to cheer up
3)Stadium Creator: So that even if u cannot make due to licenses our respected modders could ;)
4)Some birds on the ground occasionally maybe
5) Some more bowling actions perhaps?
6) I really think there are just 6-7 of the bowling speeds as i really see exact bowling speeds repeating in the hud too often so i guess you could make it better?
7) Better support for overlays with not just one type of template but different like score on top etc

That's all for now and if these are added to the game i really think it will be a heaven for the Cricket Gamers out there. Also I know it is not easy to develop all the things but if you develop it I would really appreciate
Thank You Bigant studios for the game and super excited for the next iteration of it
Cheers
Paras

Skankhunt 42

Banned
I've seen enough said about enhancement throughout this forum. And it's awesome if those are available in DBC 16.
Well, The next DBC according to me should have an engaging career mode and better Audio environment (Crowd and Commentary). Please check out the Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 Game for How Audio can make you engage in a sports game. Even the Be a Legend (Career) UI also made me fall for that game. Please check that here:

PES_Layout.jpg

I've penciled a rough idea about how career mode should look like, right here:

DBC_16_Layout.jpg

1. In my Layout, the Player Selection button I've made for Captains Only. I always wanted an extra grip in game while I'm captaining a side.
2. In Commentary, Sometimes a player specific remarks would have been awesome.
3. I can live with the Current condition of Game-play. One thing I do want badly as well is "Signature Moves" (special Bowling action and Batting Style).
4. More Cut Scenes after Crucial Break-through or wining mini battles (Ponting-Harbhajan or Smith-Zaheer) and of-course players reactions after winning/losing Crucial Matches. MOM scene would've been a good addition but won't harm if not there. It'll be awesome if our generic spectators can wave hands or jump all together on celebrating a century or team's victory!

Thank you! BigAnt, You've already registered yourself as the best Cricket Game developing company so.. expectations are growing and I applaud your User Assistance strategy and based on our review, your patch making process! Please give us more next time! :D

And PC Forum... this place will continue to ROCk!! :)

Digvijay

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Just from a bowler's standpoint, could the number 8,9,10 and 11 please not bat like number 3,4 and 5.
Let me elaborate -
Anybody who has bowled for real knows that it's not very difficult to get the lower order batsmen out as they can't read and understand the bowling as well as the proper batsmen do. In game, i have experienced that the lower order batsmen play out the good balls and wait for the bad ones, and then hit a shot. The only error they make is the timing and mostly choose the right shot direction and foot placement. Their temperament is as good as an opener. Even when they have no confidence, they time the ball perfectly for 6, never has it ever landed inside the rope where my poor fielder stands :P
I personally am a tailender and i get beaten off real easy balls sometimes. Could the devs please make their batting a little realistic in DBC16?
Also, i understand it's too much to ask for new actions for bowlers and batting animations when they score half centuries and centuries and more, could you later, as a patch maybe, make an action designer with which we can try and do it on our own, i'm sure the community will be more than happy to take a shot at it.
Thanks for making such an awesome game, count on our support, we will not disappoint!
Cheers
D

Paramveer

School Cricketer
Dbc14 was an awesome game! Best cricket game by far, main selling point for me was the career mode but after the initial buzz it was just meh...
REASONS :
1) team sheets always the same,same players all the time
2) you're stuck with the same equipment your whole career
3) some players are bugged out like khawaja always has 2000 runs every season with ease and why does the Ai use batsman as opening bowlers?
4)stats presentation more or less are pretty much bland
5)some batting shot mechanics are clunky
6)spin bowling is more swing bowling rather than swing so just needs to be toned down and add the spin factor
Quick suggestion on the licensing of equipment how about you guys contact smaller firms such as phantom cricket or anm cricket to allow you to use their equipment strike a deal or something as in you're promoting them and they are benefiting and you are too and most of all the players! Cheers

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Dbc14 was an awesome game! Best cricket game by far, main selling point for me was the career mode but after the initial buzz it was just meh...
REASONS :
1) team sheets always the same,same players all the time
2) you're stuck with the same equipment your whole career
3) some players are bugged out like khawaja always has 2000 runs every season with ease and why does the Ai use batsman as opening bowlers?
4)stats presentation more or less are pretty much bland
5)some batting shot mechanics are clunky
6)spin bowling is more swing bowling rather than swing so just needs to be toned down and add the spin factor
Quick suggestion on the licensing of equipment how about you guys contact smaller firms such as phantom cricket or anm cricket to allow you to use their equipment strike a deal or something as in you're promoting them and they are benefiting and you are too and most of all the players! Cheers

I think maybe the career mode was just a step to far for BA. I'd have preferred just a Tour mode and more time put into the game playing like cricket. My biggest wish for the next game is proper play and misses, edges and more scope for getting LBW's. When I've played, way to many wickets have been bowled and caught at mid-on/off. This ruins the experience for me.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think maybe the career mode was just a step to far for BA. I'd have preferred just a Tour mode and more time put into the game playing like cricket. My biggest wish for the next game is proper play and misses, edges and more scope for getting LBW's. When I've played, way to many wickets have been bowled and caught at mid-on/off. This ruins the experience for me.
this times infinity

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
While not a comment on that specifically - remember different people/teams work different areas of the game - you can't directly equate not having feature x with having improvements in y.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
While not a comment on that specifically - remember different people/teams work different areas of the game - you can't directly equate not having feature x with having improvements in y.

Not sure if this was in regards to my post Matt, but yes I know that different teams work on different parts of the game. However, had there not been a career mode maybe more staff would have been able to have an input on the gameplay. Also, with less features, more time could have been put into play testing certain aspects of the game, such as the fall of wickets, rather than making sure career mode played correctly.

A lot of people have thoroughly enjoyed the career mode, and it's a nice thing to have. I would have personally preferred the game to have had better gameplay rather than an extra mode. As I've said before, I think it is a decent game, certainly the best cricket game for a long, long time. My experience was ruined due to the largely un-realistic way wickets fell.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Not sure if this was in regards to my post Matt, but yes I know that different teams work on different parts of the game. However, had there not been a career mode maybe more staff would have been able to have an input on the gameplay. Also, with less features, more time could have been put into play testing certain aspects of the game, such as the fall of wickets, rather than making sure career mode played correctly.

A lot of people have thoroughly enjoyed the career mode, and it's a nice thing to have. I would have personally preferred the game to have had better gameplay rather than an extra mode. As I've said before, I think it is a decent game, certainly the best cricket game for a long, long time. My experience was ruined due to the largely un-realistic way wickets fell.

It's an interesting point, if DBC had no career mode though, the longevity of the game would have been severely reduced imo. But as you say had the actual gameplay had more time and budget spent on it, a career mode may not have been required to give it longevity. As it stands there is very little about the player Vs AI gameplay to supercede previous titles.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I spend more time in career mode and playing online, when it works, than any other mode. So I'd disagree that career mode isn't worth it. It's totally worth it if you spent the short amount of time setting it up correctly before you began. Is it perfect? No. Was it worth the design and investment? Yes.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Yeah career mode is the only reason I turn on my PS3 and play this game. I just played through a 5 match Test series against England with a 2-2 result last month, and I can remember every wicket I took. If that was removed from DBC 16 my chances of getting it would drop quite a bit. As others have said, it wasn't perfect, but surely that was expected.

Does anybody remember NBA 2K10? The first time career mode was introduced in an NBA game? Does anybody remember what an awful mess that mode was? DBC 14 did it much better on their first try.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I think the career mode is a great addition but it is let down by the fact that changing player attributes in the academy having no effect in the career mode and not being able to tweak things here and there, such as line-ups for example. For someone like myself who doesn't have the attention span to enjoy or be particularly successful batting for a whole team in a game, it's great just having one player to worry about (a feature I'd like to see added for all game modes would be able to control just one batman and/or one bowler although I sort of do this anyhow via simulating parts of games). Hopefully the career mode will be expanded on so that you start at a lower grade and more depth is added to it, as well as the issues I have mentioned, which I'm sure will be the case.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Totally agree, shouldn't be un-editable, especially in the case of retired or deceased players. But there's enough overwhelmingly positive stuff that the few niggles like that can be overlooked. It's a feature that relies on the player setting it up thoroughly, I imagine that'll stay much the same.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've hardly touched the career mode I enjoy playing as the whole team where you have full control over the games like the old cricket games. I found career mode boring for some reason if the AI was better in one day games it would be excellent but I find test matches to be really enjoyable and with the acadamy it is basically endless with what eras and teams you can play against so I hope this stays with the next instalment I still play on a daily basis replicating all the great series from the past trying to better the players of yesteryear careers

Users who are viewing this thread